H.R.4170 - Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012

To increase purchasing power, strengthen economic recovery, and restore fairness in financing higher education in the United States through student loan forgiveness, caps on interest rates on Federal student loans, and refinancing opportunities for private borrowers, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Official: To increase purchasing power, strengthen economic recovery, and restore fairness in financing higher education in the United States through student loan forgiveness, caps on interest rates on Federal student loans, and refinancing opportunities for private borrowers, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012 as introduced.

AndyFiorello 03/27/2012 1:29am
in reply to Flash Mar 21, 2012 9:38am

It was society that duped me, though I see it was not with malicious intent. In better economic times, I doubt a bill like this would be needed. If the housing bubble had not burst and put us into the current recession we are in, I know I myself would not have been competing with experienced programmers for the same low paying entry level jobs that I was qualified for.

I don’t feel sorry for myself, I know what I did was the right thing, it was just not the right thing for the current times. Hindsight is 20-20, and if I knew then what I do now, I would have not gone to college, I’d have gotten a job and saved my money, possibly to pursue the career I wanted after things picked back up. I support this bill because I don’t think I, or anyone else seeking to better themselves, should be punished as we are for doing so.

toray99 01/01/2013 12:32pm
in reply to Flash Mar 21, 2012 9:38am

No kidding , I agree with you. There is no shame with americans anymore. I remember when a handshake would seal a deal. Now the progressives have people reneging on contracts. They go to college for art and basket weaving, then expect to be making 70 grand a year. Not my , nor the rest of the paying publics problem. You eat it !

lightshine 09/10/2012 7:06pm
in reply to Flash Mar 21, 2012 9:38am

Flash: whatever happened to you to make you so mean? Are you suggesting that these borrowers live on the street and give all their money to the Sallie Mae Corporation or whomever they borrowed from? What’s wrong with you? People making part-time or half-time income cannot give $500-$1,000 per month to Sallie Mae.

Don’t worry, Andy, things will get better, and there are many of us in your situation. Congress is even starting to wake up. My significant graduated a couple of years ago, as an older student, and now works half-time.

By the way, Flash, it’s not “truely,” it’s “truly.”