H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 4:56pm

Never say never……….

fakk2 02/14/2011 5:08pm

Considering we have flying cars right now (terrafugia) I’m sure you can make a flying truck (if it’s possible, dunno why it wouldn’t be) and get rich. But with an attitude like that, it’s no wonder you can’t find a better job.

I never did say congrats to you though (sincere congrats btw). At least you got off your butt instead of just sitting at home collecting a check from the government. There’s still a large number of those who wouldn’t do that.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:53pm

You’re so full of crap!

Most tiers had a big waiting period before we could even get them after fighting like hell for months!

Never underestimate what I can do when I REALLY want to!

fakk2 02/14/2011 6:50pm

Hey, you don’t want a compliment when it’s given, even though we have differences of opinion, no sweat off my back.

RubberBoots 02/14/2011 7:39pm

I would love to drive a ruck through your house because renters insurance would not cover it lol.. Maybe then you would have understood what middleClass was saying.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:46pm

I should almost not even bother to reply to that,

But,

After working for 40 years supporting myself, and slowly working up the “ladder” to try to make a halfways decent living, while the price of everything climbed higher and higher while my wages did not, and then because of what others did I found the fields I put so many years of hard work into suddenly having no jobs….

And then in my middle fifties I ended up doing work that no one at that age should even attempt just so I could be only semi-homeless, but still flat broke…

And I listen to these people tell me I should be happy with that and expecting anything more is to “expect a handout”

Maybe I should have saved for if a drunk driver hit me too, because expecting anyone but myself to help with that would be expecting a handout……

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 3:04pm

Following the logic of what some say, if someone got ran over by a truck, when the ambulance came they should ask the person if they have money saved to pay for it, and if they don’t they should leave them there to die….

Because they should have saved for it…….and not expect a handout.

• Legion1 02/14/2011 3:36pm

“Was”, I don’t think Obama is waffling, I think he’s totally sold out & gone Republican. As others have said here, it’s time to stop giving handouts to the rest of the world, especially Egypt & Israel. It’s time to stop throwing money down the black holes of Iraq & Afghanistan. It’s time to get out of Korea & Europe.
    Obama is a 1 term president & we all know what that means, the jerks & jackal’s are coming because American’s are too stupid from short term memory loss.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:34pm

I wonder if he was ever for us in the first place……..

• sclark113 02/14/2011 4:04pm

Just a quick reminder that Gerry Depietro, a 99er advocate is going to be on the Ed Show on MSNBC tonight at 10:00 PM (EST)

• sclark113 02/14/2011 4:07pm

Just a reminder that Gerry DePietro, a 99er volunteer is on the end show at 10:00 PM (EST) tonight.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 4:57pm

I caught that through the interference…….watching now.

sclark113 02/14/2011 5:09pm

Yeah, the old OC she ain’t what she used to be…lots of proxy errors & taking forever to refresh even when it is working…

I thought she did pretty well… poor Kylw only going to get a 140K pension when he retires…what a hit to the wallet huh?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:31pm

Because someone is doing it on purpose…

Thats pretty obvious….

fakk2 02/14/2011 6:51pm

If you’re referring to me, I think you’re mistaken.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 4:55pm

Did everyone get that interference here?

It almost seemed that it only cleared up when someone was posting earlier?

• fakk2 02/14/2011 5:11pm

WasMiddleClass,

I have an honest question for you and then I’ll leave you alone. If I offered you a job through someone I know for minimum wage in a retail store, even if you had to move states to take it, would you take it?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:22pm

Should I walk multiple states to take a job far below the poverty level after working for 40 years in what was always a good career field?

How about if I could destroy your house and I give you a cardboard box instead?

RubberBoots 02/14/2011 7:40pm

Good answer.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:22pm

I just put my fist through the window in my door!

I’m typing with blood dripping on my keyboard!

Here is a message to all those out there that think the middle class should be happy to work for slave wages and live with multiple people in a room so the “elite” can take even more of our money, while we are blamed for the problem.

I can post thousands of pages to prove you are full of crap! I have already posted many!

You try to use your technology to try to silence people because your lies are transparent when light is shined on them!

We have technology too!

The only way you will ever silence me is to kill me! And that thought does not even bother me one single bit! I know this life is just one of many.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:40pm

What we are seeing in Egypt and so many other countries now is LIGHT fighting back.

It is only a matter of time…..

• 99Survivor 02/14/2011 6:06pm

Words of wisdom from Yoda:

Get some rest………….

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 6:08pm

Jeeze mom….I’m on a roll!

Happy Valentines day by the way :)

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 6:10pm

I guess I better go to bed since my Yoda says so…

• 99Survivor 02/14/2011 6:11pm

Keep on rolling kiddo………… :)

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 6:14pm

We have our days ;)

• 99Survivor 02/14/2011 6:15pm

We do……see you later

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 6:18pm

No doubt….

• fakk2 02/14/2011 8:00pm

Wow, It is truly sad when people who complain about not being able to find a job, or who are working hard jobs part time, would not take a full time minimum wage job if it was offered, even though it’s easier than what they’re doing now and secure, because it is beneath them and “not worth their time” so to say. This is why I cannot support another tier. People who wouldn’t take a job when offered do not deserve it.

Legion1 02/15/2011 7:39am

What you offered is closer to slavery than it is to an honest job. What you don’t take into account are living & transportation costs. Now if you had offered room & board along with a means to get to this imaginary, minimum wage job, you might get a different answer to your question. Minimum wage, in most states, is $7.25 an hour. That’s $290.00 for 40 hours, before taxes. How do you propose to house yourself, eat & provide transportation, along with things like gas & insurance, medical coverage & all the rest of life’s costs like utilities that ever rising?

What you propose is not realistic for a single wage earning adult.

Life is not as black & white as you want to portray it.