H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 9:39am

Notice that Egypt did it with little bloodshed. The only time they fought was when they were attacked first by paid government supporters.

I think they behaved admirably.

fakk2 02/14/2011 10:22am

Preface: Egypt is it’s own country, and no matter what I think it doesn’t count.

Ok, so now that’s said, they had at most 500,000 protesters in a country of 78 million individuals. This amounts to 0.64% of their population were protesting the government. If 0.0064 percent of our population (1.9648 million people out of 307 million) protested the President, should be step down also? Even if all 14+ million people unemployed right now protested, should he leave office? This would be 3/25ths or 12% or greater than 8 times fewer people as is in the workforce (15 million out of 125 million). I would like to think we have a rule of law instead of a rule of emotions and suppositions.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 11:13am

It’s so nice that some people get paid to screw with the unemployed on the web

fakk2 02/14/2011 11:35am

You’re not unemployed and I’m not screwing with you and getting paid for it. I actually do like Sclark113’s WPA idea. Paying people to work for new infrastructure (bridges, roads, railways, etc) makes sense. At least it makes more sense than paying them for submitting an application once every 4 weeks.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:02pm

I’m not unemployed? I suppose killing myself to split fire wood for my landlord to pay for a campsite is not unemployed……

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:10pm

You’re making $12/hr, and not all of that goes to the campsite (why does it have to go to the campsite anyways?). I’m assuming you work 40 hours/week and report it to the government. Is that accurate?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:19pm

I work a couple days a week.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:21pm

@ “and report it to the government. Is that accurate?”

I’m reporting it to you am I not?

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:25pm

Holdup fluffy, I am not the government. But are you paying taxes on the $12/hr you make?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:28pm

You sure sound like the government buckwheat.

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:32pm

Well, since you won’t answer the question, I’ll just have to assume that yes, you pay taxes on your $12/hr job.

If you make $12/hr “a couple days a week” and report it to the government, then yes, you are employed.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:34pm

If you work a few hours a week helping out on a family farm you are “employed” in BLS terms….or should I say BS terms…….

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:37pm

or common sense terms. If anyone reports earnings they receive for working for someone else to the IRS, then I do not think they are unemployed.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:02pm

Then you do not even know what the official definition of “unemployed” is.

It is determined by questions asked in a phone survey.

fakk2 02/14/2011 2:04pm

WasMiddleClass,

All you want is a handout. Yes, you’re working. Yes, you’re employed. Yes, you are under-employed. No, it’s not a good life. And no, it’s not an easy life. But you are employed. Don’t you have any pride? Don’t you feel good for at least having a job while others don’t? Unless someone decides to give of their own pockets in the name of charity, no one deserves something for nothing.

uspatriot2 02/15/2011 7:56am

Fakk2: From everything you’ve written here it is abundantly clear that you are indeed a troll.

The same statements and generalizations you are making about 99ers – purely based on your personal experience – would be called bigotry if they were being made about a minority group.

There are millions of 99ers and bullying each and every one of us into agreeing with your biased and distorted view of the world is really not an effective way of solving the real issues facing America.

Go away and don’t come back.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:07pm

Yeah right!

You just think.. “is it everyone else’s fault they can’t manage money and save up for retirement or being out of work for an extended period of time?”

In other words: It is all the unemployed’s own fault, and they don’t deserve an extension.

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:11pm

Like I said, it’s not 100% their fault, but it is partially their fault.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:14pm

“their fault “ not our fault.

What are you doing here since you are employed?

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:21pm

I thought OpenCongress was open to all?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:23pm

Answer a question with a question……

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:26pm

It’s actually my day off, better?

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 11:18am

I guess I will have to deploy a little armor.

I’ll be back in a bit…

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:10pm

Can’t intercept my posts now? :P

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:23pm

Man you’re needy.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:25pm

Man you’re obvious.

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:33pm

That comment reminds me of Steve Martin in the film ROXANNE. That was a good movie.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:39pm

This is boring. Go reply to everyone on the back pages again…. and make sure you push the point that it is the fault of the unemployed some more….

• adamaiken 02/14/2011 12:42pm

Don’t feed the trolls.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:49pm

They get fed well before they come here.