H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

sclark113 02/11/2011 11:03am

We the People of the United States of America, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We spend 160 Billion dollars a year on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. We spend 70 Billion dollars a year on the budget for homeland security. I won’t even discuss how much we blow on the defense department. Just when did “provide for the common defense” start to override all of the other ideals expressed in the Constitution???

• wstaff 02/10/2011 10:08am

The Term “Semper Fi” meant “Always Faithful” has always resonated in this former U.S.Marines heart.There are many other service personnel like me out there. Trying to find a job and raise a family is not as easy as it once was, but we continue to search. Sacrificing our lives for a better country and protect and save lives of people we do not even know and yet, the best decent thanks each of us receive is a job well done, a piece of paper that acknowledges our pride and commitment for outstanding service to our country. This said and not that I am ungrateful, but it does nothing to secure a job on the outside. It does nothing to put food on the table or shelter over the many families that continue to be impoverish and struggling. “We the People” simple three words that voiced our American way of life, had purpose and meaning. Now is not the tie to turn our backs, but come together as One Country in our darkest hours. Your fellow American Man ,Woman and Child need you America !!!!

• WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 10:22am

This is interesting,

99ers Have a Question – Could the H.R 6556 Benefits Come From Illegal Workers Suspense Files? – If Not, Why?

Why isn’t this money being used for unemployment benefits? Why would it be available to an illegal alien upon amnesty? This goes beyond insanity and current rules need to be re-evaluated. Current emergencies require special circumstances and monies from all sources need to be considered. If this money is no longer in a so-called special fund, then where the hell is it, and why isn’t being used?

Americans are through playing games and want answers, especially when there is $800 billion dollars floating around that could be partially freed up. Especially if acquired through fraud from illegal aliens.

Maybe somebody from Washington could enlighten us on why this money isn’t being used. And if there is no account actually holding this money, then where the hell is it?

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 10:23am

Link to article,

wstaff 02/10/2011 11:31am

Anyone else watch the travesty unfold in the Senate yesterday. U.N was over paid billions by our government. The Senate voted to not ask for the money back.
    Can you say “Double Talk” ? Most senator are quick to note we are close to 15 trillion dollars in debt NOW and must cut everything but are unwilling to recoop
    the over a Billion dollar over payment. Anyone else see jabber jawing here?

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 12:35pm

I missed that one.

If I watch Cspan too much these days I risk smashing my TV…so I keep it to UI stuff now. That is bad enough…

That sounds about typical for Congress these days,

fakk2 02/11/2011 11:54am

WasMiddleClass, GREAT questions! I’m no professional in these matters, but after reviewing the ESF (Earnings Suspense File) run by the SSA, it seems like I may be able to provide some light to your questions (all data found here: http://www.ssa.gov/oig/ADOBEPDF/A-03-03-23038.pdf)

1.) Could the H.R 6556 Benefits Come From Illegal Workers Suspense Files? If Not, Why?
    —At the moment, no because a bill hasn’t been signed into law to amend Title 2 of the Social Security Act.

2.) Why isn’t this money being used for unemployment benefits?
    —The money can only be used, “when the wages can be matched and posted to an individual’s MEF [Master Earnings File]”.

3.) Why would it be available to an illegal alien upon amnesty?
    —The Alien is probably using a SSN illegaly and, upon gaining amnesty, can prove he devoted the funds to the ESF through his work history/paycheck stubs, or so I believe. No actual proof of what I just said exists that I’ve found.

Hope this helps!

• wstaff 02/10/2011 10:28am

Wow nice to see both of you here :)

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 10:31am

More will be coming…

We have a new bill now. It’s time to wake everyone up.

Liberty1 02/10/2011 11:56am

Check your email,

If it reached the north pole yet :-)

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 12:03pm

Thanks a lot buddy :)

Hey! Don’t you have your own site to worry about :P

where 02/10/2011 12:27pm

Ok so I was side tracked by my first job Interview call in three years! So we have a new Bill!! Wow what a day, I have been shaving all day and got it down to a goatee!

I hope I get this job, but I will still follow and do what I can for our plight!

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 12:32pm

Good luck on your interview!

My beard has been needing a trim for a while :)

sclark113 02/10/2011 12:44pm

Hope things go your way That!

where 02/10/2011 12:50pm

Thanks Scott! Its really sweet to think I may have a job soon,,

I will never forget the incredible cruelty that our government is capable of.

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 12:57pm

What kind of job…if I may ask?

where 02/10/2011 1:32pm

I wonder how this government can leave all these skilled workers to starve while I am Absolutely certain that if I took a job at a 2nd or 3rd world country I alone could bring them 50 years forward in technology, Not to speak of the MILLIONS just like me who could do the same.

Im talking B-2 spirit, F-117, smart bombs and radar technology’s, All the infrastructure and processes, The materials the methods, All the hows and whys.

I know things that would pucker the governments butt, How can they not see a problem? I know I would never reveal what I know, But what about the MILLIONS of others like me?

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 1:42pm

Yeah…well…

I had a clearance for a long time myself. I could never even think of doing that!

Maybe it goes deeper??

You didn’t answer my question still :)

wstaff 02/10/2011 1:54pm

I had a secret clearance too and your point well taken (where). America has no Idea how fast this could spin out of control if that kept secret/s were released to other countries but like WasMiddleClass I could not bring myself to release such information. In fact even tho WasMiddleClass and myself probably carry the same certification did you know we can not even discuss among ourselves what we know (Compare Notes ect.).

WasMiddleClass – all work with you on a flier that would help our cause.

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 2:33pm

Thanks for the offer. It is being worked on to include all states, and not just CT as it currently is.

We will need help in distributing them though. Most state labor departments will join us from what we have seen so far.

wstaff 02/10/2011 2:35pm

Good deal and I look forward in helping get these fliers out.

fakk2 02/11/2011 3:16pm

Where,

I’m totally confused, which cruelty are you speaking about?

where 02/11/2011 3:53pm

Fakk2, You think your confused? I dont know what comment you are asking me about! =)

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:00pm

I’m confused about what you two are doing back here commenting at all :)

where 02/11/2011 4:06pm

Im getting a headache! Lol =)

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:08pm

I have some pills :)

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:07pm

You are confused a lot my friend >:)

20 mile wifi :P

fakk2 02/11/2011 4:16pm

HAHAHA, you 2 are funny.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:17pm

What? I know where has a funny nose…but what?

• adamaiken 02/10/2011 10:41am

New bill, new board, awesome.