H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 11:56am

Under such a system it is mathematically impossible for the 99ers to regain their place in society, as every time the rich take more as a compromise for giving us a little, more jobs are lost. I have said it before. It is at present a frenzy among the rich to see who can steal the most of the last we have left.

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 12:26pm

I have great respect for the Egyptian people.

I have little respect for many Americans now.

• Spam Comment

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 12:58pm

I still have respect for SOME Americans.

They will bite when the time comes!

adamaiken 02/11/2011 1:19pm

that comment is uncalled for

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 2:14pm

99ers Get Unemployment Extension Bill Re-Introduced; No Republican Support

An Estimated 34,000 Individuals Join the Ranks of the Long-Term Unemployed Without Benefits (99ers) Each Week

marym 02/11/2011 2:59pm

I am reading some of your posts in places furry. Don’t you even think of giving up! We won many battles already! You know we feel that too! STOP and listen to your own words please.

I’ll be there.

• Spam Comment

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 3:33pm

I’m not a “hero” Mary. I’m just me.

• 99Survivor 02/11/2011 2:14pm

It is arguably the first time in history that we’ve seen Facebook and Twitter, a crucial part of the way we now communicate, speedily and successfully conveying the ideas and beliefs that do lead to a revolution. More importantly, social media makes this all happen in a public forum with the rest of the world watching, something that made it possible for Egypt to be in the middle of a massive international spotlight, emotionally empowering those on the ground and strengthening the pressure on Mubarak’s regime with a force that came not from world leaders but from the sheer size of the crowd.

Perhaps we should utilize Twitter & Facebook, more, to promote H R 589.

• HopefromCA 02/11/2011 3:06pm

Average household debt in the United States has now reached a level of 136% of average household income and the reason this is happening is because less jobs are being created. We need to start creating jobs.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 3:25pm

Hi Hope.

I still thank you for Chris Martenson (if I spelled it right).

;)

• Spam Comment

fakk2 02/11/2011 7:03pm

Since you’re posting this on page 7/7 of the comments it’s a little ironic to respond on the last page, but what facts are you talking about?

• RubberBoots 02/11/2011 10:39pm

I think using facebook and twitter is a great idea, don’t worry what your friends will think because most will see it your way when they read the cutouts you past for them.

• Spam Comment

• sclark113 02/12/2011 4:29am

2011 Unemployment Extension – Time to Fight for H.R. 589 for 99ers!

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Legion1 02/12/2011 6:18am

It seems Mr. Clark, getting support from any side is a major problem.

Get ’em to drop account requirement in order to show support?

• Spam Comment

HopefromCA 02/12/2011 2:15pm

99 Survivor,
    Maybe more people will come aboard this website now that Unemployed Friends has shut down their forum.

• Spam Comment

Sher1 02/13/2011 2:12am

I saw some poster say “Its a uphill battle but a battle that can be won”

sclark113 02/13/2011 2:39am

Hi Sher1

We all know that this battle will not be won if we just sit on the sidelines, that’s for sure, but I think we are up for it! I have heard that Rep. Barbara Lee have stated that they have some methods to offset the cost of the bill if need be so that is great news as I think that’s what will wind up being the difference maker. With 60 co-sponsors now, all democrats, we need to get some republicans on board, and I think the only way many of them will move with today’s “cut, cut, cut” mentality is if offsets can be found. IMO

• HopefromCA 02/12/2011 2:24pm

On the previous additional extension bills I wonder if anyone knows how long is the average time is starting on the day the new bill is introduced to when it passes? This would us an idea of when we might see a possible new unemployment extension check. I understand that with the majority republicans this might add addtional time delays.

• 99Survivor 02/12/2011 2:44pm