H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

wstaff 02/10/2011 1:39pm

bugsy166 – Although I agree with most of your statement I disagree on your point about most were employed working in luxury jobs. I was a security supervisor and I can tell you there was no luxury there, but I loved that job.

bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:47pm

wstaff,
    Its ok to think that YOU ARE a special case, however I did use THE WORD ‘MOST’

I am careful never to use the word ALL……

I am sure that out of 2 million middle class proffesional they may have been a security guard or 2 that were effected by the force down sizzle result!

Dont take it personal.

bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:51pm

GRAMMER CORRECTIONS:

wstaff,
    Its ok to think that YOU ARE a special case, however I did use THE WORD ‘MOST’

I am careful never to use the word ALL……

I am sure that out of 2 million middle class proffesionals there may have been a security guard or 2 that were effected by the forced down sizing – end result!

Dont take it personal……..

2) as far as your 6 months prediction regarding china; I would say that there are a few other things that must take place first, after relentlessly studying the book of revelations.

wstaff 02/10/2011 1:57pm

no problem bugsy166 I never take anything personally and I am totally in your corner here. Like I said you brought up some key issues that more then make sense to me.

• bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:35pm

Finally, now that there is a recession in motion the only way we can stop it is; to invest BACK into the economy and also help the 99ers so they can contribute from their end…. by passing a TIER V, so that the FIRST people laid off (99ers) can get back on their feet and the money they receive will be immediately pumped back into the deficient /failing economy.
    “Once these indicators remain constant and stable, confidence in the economy rises, thereby allowing businesses and consumers to shift priorities from extreme conservation to planning improvements such as RESIDENTIAL & CONSTRUCTION and, expansion and RESIDENTIAL investments based on anticipated income and expenses for immediate, long term and future goals. “…….. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY, SO PASS TIER V, NOW!

bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:35pm

As long as 10% of the people in the U.S. hold 70% of the wealth then we are doomed. Let’s put that in real numbers 10% equals 3 million 100 thousand people and that leaves 306 million and 900 thousand people to divide up the 30% of wealth in this country. Just another reason;=No wonder there are no jobs coming back ‘fast’= the money is tied up and does not flow through the country. We used to have taxes of 50% to 91% on wealthy BEFORE PRESIDENT BUSH’s NEW 10 YEAR TAX BREAK FOR THE RICH WAS PASSED and that kept money flowing through the economy because if it wasn’t invested they lost it to taxes. Now there is ………………..ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE………… to invest THUS the money is hoarded and the country slowly comes to a halt. FURTHERMORE –

bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:35pm

WE MUST REALLY CONSIDER THE FACT THAT CHINA WILL SOON BECOME THE SOLE ECONOMIC POWER IN THE NEXT DECADE MAKING US RELY ON THEM BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THE ONLY SOLUTION IS FOR THE USA TO ‘GROW SOME BALLS AND START REALLY –TAXING- CHINA REPEATEDLY- BEFORE IT IS TOO- TOO- TOO- LATE!!!,,,,,,,
    ,STOP ALLOWING ANYMORE ILLEGAL ENTRY INTO THE USA! …ALL hurting Americans and 99ers must STOP BUYING ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA….USA NEEDS TO TAX THE GOODS ENTERING THE USA FROM EVERY MANUFACTURER THAT LEFT THE USA AND IS NOW

bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:44pm

STOP ALLOWING ANYMORE ILLEGAL ENTRY INTO THE USA! …not even on a WORK VISA!

ALL hurting Americans and 99ers must STOP BUYING ANYTHING MADE IN CHINA….USA NEEDS TO TAX THE GOODS ENTERING THE USA FROM EVERY MANUFACTURER THAT LEFT THE USA AND IS NOW DOING BUSINESS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY!….USE THE TAX TO PAY FOR ADDITIONAL UNEMPLOYEMENT TIERS!

IF THESE THINGS ARENT DONE BUY US 99ers THEN, dont COMPLAIN WHEN ALL THAT I HAVE PREDICTED GETS seriously WORSE!

wstaff 02/10/2011 1:47pm

you really bring up some great points here. The last point number 5 is purely a factual statement. China will become the next super power but I will say its more closer to be that in 6 months.

• voternow 02/10/2011 2:00pm

This bill must be fully supported, put out on the floor and passed now. It is time we Americans take care of our own people and this is a start.
    We need to stand up to our government and make our country strong once again.
    BUY ONLY MADE IN USA!!!

• WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 2:04pm

OK people, it is time for another plan!

How do we reach more of our 99er brethren, that more than likely are not online much, if at all, because they can’t afford it?

Where can we find many (besides homeless camps)?

Answer: The local unemployment office!

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 2:04pm

Most of us have a unemployment/jobs center fairly close to us. We know who is walking through those doors.

If we can come up with a unified flyer to tell others how to join in the fight we can gain a lot of support I believe…

• wstaff 02/10/2011 2:31pm

“WE THE PEOPLE of these United States” Created by our forefathers centuries ago.
    Who is “We”?

WE are the homeless and less fortunate then the 1% Billionaires
    that reside in this country and abroad. WE are the unemployed who have faught
    hard and with a clear purpose. WE are the individuals that have never forgotten the meaning of what 1 dollar is worth. WE are also the people still working but know that WE can be put the same position as my fellow man that is not currently working and WE THE PEOPLE of these United States will leave no stone un-turned until every man or woman is re-employed.

fakk2 02/11/2011 4:29pm

So, in the goal to get 0% unemployment, are “we” going to fight equally as hard for a fair tax instead of our current tax structure? Or does passion or drive employment numbers? I ask, because it’s a lot easier to get investments if we stop taxing so much.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:34pm

“taxing so much”……

I researched much about the last tax cut debate.

2.3% was the HUGE Bush tax cut for “average workers” $23 out of a $1000 check.

Shall I go into the numbers for the “elite”?

fakk2 02/11/2011 5:06pm

I was talking more about a fair tax where the IRS is abolished and we’re only taxed on purchases. That’d solve A LOT of issues and help 99er’s because more jobs would FLOOD the marketplace (hr something or other, i’ll have to post a link later).

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 5:13pm

I know the theory…

We are taxed on purchases like crazy now. Sales tax is just the tip…

• WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 2:38pm

To continue further on the flyer for unemployment offices…

From what we have seen so far it looks like most labor departments and state governments will support a plan to lobby Congress for this bill, and even pass out the flyers themselves if they are worded correctly.

Maybe our states are the support we need!!!

where 02/10/2011 2:53pm

Hey McDermotte just mentioned the 99ers! on C Span

wstaff 02/10/2011 3:07pm

yes He Did and also talked about the past few weeks of Bills that have failed and that should of never been mentioned when there sole purpose should be on getting 99ers which is growing every day, back to work. I Commend Senator McDermotte on his thinking and wanting to truly do America’s business as it should be. Lets hope the rest of them wake up and realize what it means to work for the American People.

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:15pm

Should I cheer ?

sclark113 02/10/2011 3:00pm

Was – do you have a flier that you are thinking of redoing? What about the fliers that Michael Colliss put together?

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:07pm

Michaels flyers are what I recommended using. I think we may need to make things “politically correct” enough for the state governments to get them on board, but I think his work would be an excellent platform.

I dont have a digital copy, but it is about half directed toward CT people…

I’m still trying to figure out how to morph this from a CT thing to a national thing..

I welcome your input Scott.

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:11pm

I will add that through the fight for the various tiers, and the struggle to implement them, I was in touch with top level people at the CTDOL and state level Congressmen. In all my correspondences they were 100% on the side of the unemployed and not DC.

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:14pm

Our labor dept. employees even started using this site for updates on the progress of the various tiers at one point…

sclark113 02/10/2011 3:19pm

Do you have a scanner that you can scan something into after you mark-up the changes you want to make manually? If so scan it in and send it to tier5for99ers@gmail.com and I’ll see if I can figure a way to re-create it in word the old fashioned way…I’ll re-type it! No scanner…there’s always snail mail.

sclark113 02/10/2011 3:19pm

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:29pm

I’ll come up with some way. My scanner/printer died, and I can’t afford another at the moment.

I should have thought of this sooner. I knew what my CT friends were doing. I was too busy trying to survive our terrible weather, on top of being burnt out I guess…

I think what we may need is a flyer geared toward each state, showing their statistics.

Even if we got a few state governments on board though it could be the support that we desperately need.

• WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:20pm

I’ll go off topic here for a moment because this is so serious.

Plan on civil war in Egypt. The implications for us are many…

Here is one credible source that is reporting what our media is not.

CONTINUALLY UPDATED
    MUBARAK PUBLICLY DENIES RESIGNATION

GUNFIRE ERUPTS AROUND PALACE, PARAMILITARY FORCES ENGAGED

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 3:40pm

On second thought…it is not even really off topic.

They are revolting because of high unemployment, high food prices, and a government that doesn’t help the people….