H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

• Legion1 03/11/2011 4:54am

Representing one of the hardest hit area’s of the United States in general and Michigan in particular, Camp has voted:

Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. 10/08
    Voted YES on overriding presidential veto of Farm Bill. 6/08
    Voted NO on restricting employer interference in union organizing. 3/07
    Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25. 1/08
    Voted YES on end offshore tax havens and promote small business. 10/04
    Voted YES on $167B over 10 years for farm price supports. 10/01
    Voted YES on zero-funding OSHA’s Ergonomics Rules instead of $4.5B. 3/01
    Rated 7% by the AFL-CIO, indicating an anti-union voting record. 12/03
    Allow an Air Traffic Controller’s Union. 1/06
    Incentives to businesses create jobs & raise wages. 9/94

Representing the area that he does, and how he’s voted on extending unemployment in the past, you could almost think he’d support this. But he won’t, the Ways & Means Committee is his now. He’s leadership

• Sher1 03/11/2011 5:11am

Dear --——

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Your colleague Representative Conyers recently introduced H.R. 870, the Humphrey-Hawkins 21st Century Full Employment & Training Act. Combined with H.R. 589 to provide temporary financial relief for those who have exhausted benefits until H.R. 870 can be implemented it is simply the right thing to do, both for the economy and for millions of Americans unable to find work in it.

Respectfully,

An AMERICAN CITIZEN,

Insert name here

• Sher1 03/11/2011 5:14am

Dear --——

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Your colleague, Representative Conyers, recently introduced H.R.870, the Humphrey-Hawkins 21st Century Full Employment & Training Act for consideration. Combining H.R.589, The Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2011, with H.R.870 to provide temporary financial relief for those who have exhausted benefits until H.R.870 can be implemented it is simply the right thing to do, both for the economy and for millions of Americans unable to find work in it.

Respectfully,

Insert Name Here
    An AMERICAN CITIZEN
    American 99ers Union

Send to:

Ways and Means Committee

• Sher1 03/11/2011 5:15am

Keep FAXING AND EMAILING THE US REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS. WE CAN’T RELAX OR LET UP. FIGHT FOR HR 589 & HR 870. FREE FAX www.faxzero.com CALL YOUR SENATORS TOLL-FREE 1 800 338-1015.

• Sher1 03/11/2011 5:25am

“Lee on 99ers: We’re “Working with White House” to Find Money"
    An emergency designation from the White House would allow the White House to authorize Congress to allocate the money without finding a specific way to pay for it or another program that would have to be cut to pay for it. That the White House is involved in any way is news. What the odds the President would declare the allocation of an unemployment extension an “economic emergency” is unknown..

• WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 5:58am

Here is a question to ponder,

How long did it take for any Democrat to even introduce a tier v bill after tier 4 started running out for millions?

• WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 6:09am

Second question,

What REAL action was taken after one was finally introduced, even when Democrats controlled both houses?

Third question,

Why are Democrats saying we have to cut things like heating assistance to the bone, which was the only thing that kept many unemployed from freezing to death this winter?

• WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 6:25am

I think the point where I finally realized that the Democrats too are really mostly about helping the elite is when I watched the tax cut debate in the House, and Republican after Republican kept lying about how if the deal was not passes the average American would see $100 more in taxes taken out of their check. They even had big signs displayed saying that lie.

Not one single Democrat mentioned the truth that the 2.3% tax cut the middle class got under Bush does not come even remotely close to $100 per week for the average income in America.

And of course we know the Democrats did not allow tier v to be added to that $1 Trillion price tag deal either…….

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 6:42am

The truth is this,

The median household income in the United States is $46,326. That would be $20.49 per week

Per Capita Personal Income $39,138. That would be $17.31 per week

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 6:48am

The Democrats purposely let the Republicans keep repeating that lie so they could say they had to give into the tax cuts for the elite because if they did not it would be so devastating for the average American, and that is exactly what they said after it passed.

• Legion1 03/11/2011 7:14am

Having begun my personal voting history in 1972, voting for McGovern, I considered voting for Bush 1, the only time I’ve ever considered voting Republican. I attribute that to 2 things. As a vet, I was pissed that Jimmy Carter gave back the Panama Canal. Bush-1 came from the CIA & I thought maybe he had some brains until Ronnie Raygun took Bush as his VP & Bush flipped on everything. So, my hatred of all things republican goes back decades. I need some time to wrap my head around despising both ‘dems & ’pubs. When I started voting, there was a clear distinction between them, that’s no longer the case, they are the same animal now. I still see much more injustice coming from ’pubs than the ’dems…that is until this past year & the spineless scum ’dems have become, letting the ’pubs say no to everything, Reid allowing more than 5 months of off-time last year, all year on health care reform & Reid refusing to acknowledge that we even exist. And now all these cuts. How are they so blind?

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 7:18am

You may have already read this, but I’ll post it again.

BEHIND THE LOOKING GLASS
    (The Bush Dynasty)

• WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 7:14am

I just listened to Obama say that gas prices are hurting people now, and it is forcing some of them to spend “SOME” of that tax cut “WE” gave them on gas instead of all the other things they could buy with it.

What a joke!

• Legion1 03/11/2011 7:43am

As Wall Street speculators & big oil begin another “raping” of America

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 10:28am

I have been reading up on that very subject today. Remember in 2008 when oil and gas prices skyrocketed? When oil went back down a lot gas prices did not. Here is a good article from back then.

‘Perhaps 60% of today’s oil price is pure speculation’

• WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 1:11pm

To EVERYONE reading here that is not a puppet for the elite, PLEASE watch this movie, and spread it around as much as you can.

I AM ESPECIALLY TALKING TO ALL THOSE 99ERS STILL IN THE “The Democrats will save us” camp!

Wake up before it is too late!

GET OUT OF THE DAMN MATRIX PEOPLE!

adamaiken 03/11/2011 1:15pm

I will watch the movie now, I am catching on, I know we are adrift right now without a life preserver.

• adamaiken 03/11/2011 1:14pm

Well get ready everybody, get your checkbooks out, it is time to help the Japanese, gotta help the Japanese, no offense to anyone Japanese but that is one wealthy country and we supposedly have no money to help the 99ers and the homeless but now Obama says don’t worry, Japan, help is on the way. Am I freaking stupid or crazy or something because I feel like something is not right here.

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 1:33pm

As I saw the news from Japan over and over on every channel all I could think was WHAT ABOUT ALL THE MILLIONS OF OUR OWN PEOPLE FACING DISASTER!!!.

I do send my prayers to the Japanese people, as well all those around the world facing crisis.

adamaiken 03/11/2011 1:40pm

I know, Was, I feel the same way.

I am watching the film you posted below. It is very good. I am getting sick to my stomach watching it but it is important to open our eyes and see the truth.

I hope you are doing alright. I will talk to you later. I want to finish watching it.

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 1:48pm

I will survive.

Be prepared for a roller coaster ride of emotions ranging from tears to rage.

• Legion1 03/11/2011 3:19pm

“Was” I will be missing for several days, admitted to hospital, heart damage. Hold the fort.

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 3:29pm

My squad is always in the shadows here if needed to hold the fort…

Liberty1 03/11/2011 4:38pm

Locked and loaded as always.

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 4:55pm

I fear that may be the only choice my friend :(

HopefromCA 03/11/2011 3:34pm

Legion1
    Hope all goes well.

Abaratarrr 03/11/2011 4:19pm

so was i right?

MrsChang 03/11/2011 5:04pm

Take care, JoHamm. Prayers are ongoing. Do follow doctor’s instructions.

• HopefromCA 03/11/2011 3:33pm

Some websites are now saying that some lenders are requiring 20% down on a house. This will lower house prices further and slow down the economy even further. This will not create jobs, jobs and jobs. Congress needs to create those jobs and in the meantime pass this bill.

WasMiddleClass 03/11/2011 3:41pm

When I listened to that excellent speech at the end of that movie you did pop into my mind a few times ;)