H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 11:56am

Under such a system it is mathematically impossible for the 99ers to regain their place in society, as every time the rich take more as a compromise for giving us a little, more jobs are lost. I have said it before. It is at present a frenzy among the rich to see who can steal the most of the last we have left.

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 12:10pm

It is heartbreaking for me to watch what has become of American people.

Millions are being left to die while most of our media and government vilify them for losing their careers through no fault of their own.

What have we become, nothing but a nation of greedy self serving people?

America’s people won world wars, and changed the world. What are we doing now?

Those of us that stepped up to the plate and tried to help in our own ways are few compared to the numbers we try to help.

We are both so called liberals and conservatives, but we all felt we had to try to do something for our people.

Many of us have posted and written about the all to real situation so many Americans face day to day now, as our main stream media and government tries to gloss over the truth.

Some of us watch the people of Egypt, and are inspired by what they were able to accomplish by joining together, as we wonder why our own people are so willing to lay down and die.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 12:11pm

Are so many Americans now ready to accept living on the street because of what the elite have done to our economy for their own benefit?

Are they willing to have their tents cut up, food stomped on, and few remaining possession taken away just because they became a worthless homeless person in the eyes of government?

If the viewers out there think we can win this alone, they are dead wrong. They mind as well accept the fact that things will only get worse for most.

I will survive. So will many others of my friends. That is why we are still online, because we are survivors.

You people out there have a big choice to make. Stand up, get involved, and help fight in this war…..or lay down and wait to be stomped on some more until you finally die.

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 12:26pm

I have great respect for the Egyptian people.

I have little respect for many Americans now.

• taylor2 02/11/2011 12:51pm

Then move to Egypt Was

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 12:58pm

I still have respect for SOME Americans.

They will bite when the time comes!

adamaiken 02/11/2011 1:19pm

that comment is uncalled for

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 2:14pm

99ers Get Unemployment Extension Bill Re-Introduced; No Republican Support

An Estimated 34,000 Individuals Join the Ranks of the Long-Term Unemployed Without Benefits (99ers) Each Week

marym 02/11/2011 2:59pm

I am reading some of your posts in places furry. Don’t you even think of giving up! We won many battles already! You know we feel that too! STOP and listen to your own words please.

I’ll be there.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 3:22pm

Fighting darkness is tiring. You know that well my dear…

I did not give up.

Where are the actual front lines though?

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 3:33pm

I’m not a “hero” Mary. I’m just me.

• 99Survivor 02/11/2011 2:14pm

It is arguably the first time in history that we’ve seen Facebook and Twitter, a crucial part of the way we now communicate, speedily and successfully conveying the ideas and beliefs that do lead to a revolution. More importantly, social media makes this all happen in a public forum with the rest of the world watching, something that made it possible for Egypt to be in the middle of a massive international spotlight, emotionally empowering those on the ground and strengthening the pressure on Mubarak’s regime with a force that came not from world leaders but from the sheer size of the crowd.

Perhaps we should utilize Twitter & Facebook, more, to promote H R 589.

• HopefromCA 02/11/2011 3:06pm

Average household debt in the United States has now reached a level of 136% of average household income and the reason this is happening is because less jobs are being created. We need to start creating jobs.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 3:25pm

Hi Hope.

I still thank you for Chris Martenson (if I spelled it right).

;)

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 5:08pm

@fakk2

Let me know when you are ready to debate facts instead of snaking around back pages here…if you are capable of that.

• Spam Comment

• RubberBoots 02/11/2011 10:39pm

I think using facebook and twitter is a great idea, don’t worry what your friends will think because most will see it your way when they read the cutouts you past for them.

• sclark113 02/12/2011 3:38am

Re-post

Great News Everybody!!!

One of “Michael’s Plan” volunteers, Gerry DePeitro has just been invited to be interviewed on the Ed Show on Monday Night at 10:00 PM (EST). If you saw the video from Ed’s show Wednesday night, Gerry is the lady that sold her ring that her deceased husband gave her for $20 just to get through another day.

Way to go Gerry, and way to go Ed!!! – we can’t thank Ed enough for his support of this story and giving it the much needed air time that it so rightly deserves! Let’s do all we can to get Ed’s ratings through the roof!!!

• sclark113 02/12/2011 4:29am

2011 Unemployment Extension – Time to Fight for H.R. 589 for 99ers!

• Marcy 02/12/2011 5:52am

I pray this comes through for everyone who still needs it. I’m no longer unemployed, but I am still calling and faxing on the behalf of those who are. I still remember what it feels like to need and be ignored.

• Spam Comment

sclark113 02/12/2011 6:12am

I wish that more would vote as well JoHamm – maybe we can convince Donny Shaw to let people give their ability to vote on this up for proxy so I can vote more that once???

• Legion1 02/12/2011 6:18am

It seems Mr. Clark, getting support from any side is a major problem.

Get ’em to drop account requirement in order to show support?

• 99Survivor 02/12/2011 11:04am

Unemployed Friends has shut down their forum, permanently:

HopefromCA 02/12/2011 2:15pm

99 Survivor,
    Maybe more people will come aboard this website now that Unemployed Friends has shut down their forum.

sclark113 02/12/2011 3:09pm

Hope

Hate to be Debbie downer, but I remember hearing that only about 10% of all bills introduced make it into law. We have a very, very long ways to go just to get this bill out of committee and onto the House floor for a vote. It is going to take a tremendous effort on our part to get this pushed thorough a Republican controlled House with it being emergency spending. Gear up ’cause we are in for one hell of a fight to get this turned into law.

Sher1 02/13/2011 2:12am

I saw some poster say “Its a uphill battle but a battle that can be won”

sclark113 02/13/2011 2:39am

Hi Sher1

We all know that this battle will not be won if we just sit on the sidelines, that’s for sure, but I think we are up for it! I have heard that Rep. Barbara Lee have stated that they have some methods to offset the cost of the bill if need be so that is great news as I think that’s what will wind up being the difference maker. With 60 co-sponsors now, all democrats, we need to get some republicans on board, and I think the only way many of them will move with today’s “cut, cut, cut” mentality is if offsets can be found. IMO

• HopefromCA 02/12/2011 2:24pm

On the previous additional extension bills I wonder if anyone knows how long is the average time is starting on the day the new bill is introduced to when it passes? This would us an idea of when we might see a possible new unemployment extension check. I understand that with the majority republicans this might add addtional time delays.

• Spam Comment