H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:36am

I think the key is in your video

“sign people up on the street corners”

BPennett 02/11/2011 7:10am

oops……. I just clicked the red flag to see what it was??? and flagged my own comment…..good lord:(:(:(

where 02/11/2011 7:18am

I tryed it too, And it sure does flag you! Lol =)

Just kidding!

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 7:22am

Hey! what the heck are all those flapping flags?

I flagged myself too :)

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:41am

Notice the view counter here my friends :)

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:51am

Jobless benefits extension would help 300,000-plus Californians

The long-term unemployed – including hundreds of thousands in California – would receive 14 additional weeks of jobless benefits under a bill introduced in Congress this week.

More than 2.2 million Californians were out of work in December. As of Feb. 8, there were nearly 330,000 “99ers” – the jobless who have exhausted the maximum 99 weeks of unemployment insurance, according to the state Employment Development Department.

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 4:54am

Rep. Barbara Lee and Gregg Rosen discuss the 99er unemployment benefits bill

A number of statements and videos were released today, which detail the unemployment benefits extension press conference held by Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA). This proposed bill, if passed, would extend unemployment benefits for 14 weeks to all unemployed, regardless of the state current maximum.

• Sher1 02/11/2011 5:05am

OMG! OVER SATURATION OVER EXCESSIVE!

• Sher1 02/11/2011 5:07am

The right thing to do for the 99ers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfwsCUQrjw

• Legion1 02/11/2011 5:16am

Co-sponsors: 58

Dems…..58

’pubs….0

TPer’s…0

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 5:26am

Did you expect something different…

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 5:23am

Maybe I should just put all those photos of the black caucus on my table so I can look at then all day……..jeeeze!

Too many pics for Gods sake.

• Legion1 02/11/2011 5:38am

1,083 views today according to the counter & 61 votes for/against.

C’mon people, have you learned nothing from the last election? You were warned what would happen & here we are. Even though unemployment is affecting all common ‘pubs & ’dems, you voted ’pubs & TPers into office anyhow. This is the result, they want us all dead. They’re going to cut everything we need help with while their rich contributes get unfunded tax cuts & greedy bankers & Wall street gets bailed out…how much more proof do ya’all need to figure out just who your enemy is?

SHOW SOME DAMN SUPPORT OR DIE AT THE HANDS OF TPers & ’pubs. These people are put to help only themselves & kill YOU in the process.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 5:41am

I don’t take sides anymore. Both sides leave much to be desired.

I am a equal opportunity hater of DC these days….

Legion1 02/11/2011 6:12am

“Was”, you know I am too, I have no love left for ’dems & I never had any for ’pubs. Letting theses TPers into Congress is a very big mistake.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 6:41am

If they genuinely represented the concerns of the real people that started the tea party it would be one thing, but that movement was hijacked, and will do nothing but hurt the overwhelming majority of Americans at this point I believe.

• Legion1 02/11/2011 6:01am

U.S. Preparing Aid Package For Egypt Opposition…but continues to ignore its own citizens needs, learns nothing from the anger of Egypt’s poor.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 6:21am

I see we have three carrier groups and an amphibious assault group there now…

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 6:36am

I just caught this posted by a friend on another site,

Obama To Cut Energy Assistance For Poor; Kerry Urges Him To Reconsider

WASHINGTON — Reports that President Barack Obama’s upcoming budget will propose steep cuts in the government’s energy assistance fund for low-income Americans ricocheted quickly on Capitol Hill Wednesday, spurring some intraparty squabbling.

“I understand that difficult cuts have to be made,” the Massachusetts Democrat wrote. “But in the middle of a brutal, even historic, New England winter, home heating assistance is more critical than ever to the health and welfare of millions of Americans, especially senior citizens”

Legion1 02/11/2011 8:03am

Yup, I posted that 2 days ago on 3706. That’s why I say Obama is just as much the enemy as the rest of them. This isn’t coming from ‘pubs, it’s Obama’s idea. This guy is hangin’ himself for a 2nd term.

• NikkiJax 02/11/2011 7:02am

Hey everyone, it’s nice to see you all here on ANOTHER bill to help us. Do any of you think this will come to fruition? I’m tired of getting my hopes up!

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 7:10am

The odds are stacked against us, but we will fight with all we have.

It is our only option…

• adamaiken 02/11/2011 7:27am

Just watched Capitalism, A Love Affair. That documentary just about says it all.

WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 8:16am

I like his stuff.

• adamaiken 02/11/2011 7:28am

You really have to admire the Egyptians for what they were able to pull off. They sacrificed their lives for what was right. Too bad Americans could not have done this when Bush was bringing down America .

• Legion1 02/11/2011 8:05am

adam, it didn’t end with Bush, it continues with Obama.

adamaiken 02/11/2011 11:43am

Legion, believe me, I get the picture, we were sold out. I know this administration is a rag too.

• WasMiddleClass 02/11/2011 8:06am

Democrats challenge Republicans: extend lifeline to 99ers

Lee said she and co-author Scott are arguing “this is an emergency” in order to exempt the legislation from Congress’ pay-as-you-go requirements. But, short of that, they are discussing with the Obama administration and House Democratic leaders other ways to make up the estimated $14 to $16 billion needed, according to Josh Richman of the Bay Area News Group.

Legion1 02/11/2011 8:29am

“Was”, could you check on the price of this bill please. Seems low & for some reason, I’m thinking previous bills were in the $60 to $70 billion dollar range. Not sure though. I have $72 billion stuck in the noggin for some reason…

sclark113 02/11/2011 8:33am

Johamm – 16 billion sounds about right because it is only for 14 weeks. The 72 billion you are referring to was for a whole year…