H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

• WasMiddleClass 12/09/2011 11:22pm

New battle groups are coming online all the time now….

If any of the puppets in DC, or their string pullers, think that a huge segment of Americas people will accept they now have to accept living in poverty for the rest of their lives no matter their skills they are sadly mistaken.

I would love to hear what those now called conservatives would have to say if their job was ripped out from under them, their retirement account was gambled away, their house was foreclosed on, and they were told they were not even allowed to set up a tent to sleep in now without being arrested, and they should just go get a job at McDonald’s.

I really hope we can change things without violence. I REALLY hope that. But who decided to start using violence already?

I am reminded a lot lately of this quote: “The needs of the many out-way the needs of the few”.

And it is not even the needs of the few, It is the wants of the few…

2012

• WasMiddleClass 12/11/2011 7:49pm

As I was looking for something to watch today I found a show called “how to start a revolution”. It was VERY interesting. I think many Occupy people will be doing a lot of studying this winter…

I also found Kieth Oberman and Cenk Unger now on that channel.

It is apparently a new channel called “Current TV”.

I also watched a show called Vanguard there. The episode “Two Americas” was really good too. I could write a page on all the things it shows.

where 12/12/2011 11:19am

Occupy the Ports!

Here is hoping for a good show of support, Im beginning to notice a pattern in the anti OWS posts on OWS news articles, Humm, maybe the 1% has hired Sher1 to do some blogging??

I am getting a real warm fuzzy over this new tactic of stopping shipping, That would really hit the 1% directly, Maybe force retailers to obtain goods locally, Im seeing all upside here, Kick the Pig out of the loop

where 12/12/2011 11:27am

Keep an eye out on the OWS Long beach CA protest, those Cops have a bad reputation for abuse.

WasMiddleClass 12/12/2011 7:05pm

I’m sure the Anonymous Occupy security unit is having fun out there too…

Don’t worry where, Occupy 2.0 is going to really shake things up in 2012.

• WasMiddleClass 12/12/2011 7:05pm

@where

I’m sure the Anonymous Occupy security unit is having fun out there too…

Don’t worry where, Occupy 2.0 is going to really shake things up in 2012.

Reply is broken again?

• WasMiddleClass 12/12/2011 7:12pm

The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy

The violent police assaults across the US are no coincidence. Occupy has touched the third rail of our political class’s venality

…Why this massive mobilisation against these not-yet-fully-articulated, unarmed, inchoate people? After all, protesters against the war in Iraq, Tea Party rallies and others have all proceeded without this coordinated crackdown. Is it really the camping?..

…That is, until I found out what it was that OWS actually wanted.

The mainstream media was declaring continually “OWS has no message”. Frustrated, I simply asked them. I began soliciting online “What is it you want?” answers from Occupy. In the first 15 minutes, I received 100 answers. These were truly eye-opening.

• WasMiddleClass 12/12/2011 7:40pm

The No 1 agenda item: get the money out of politics. Most often cited was legislation to blunt the effect of the Citizens United ruling, which lets boundless sums enter the campaign process. No 2: reform the banking system to prevent fraud and manipulation, with the most frequent item being to restore the Glass-Steagall Act – the Depression-era law, done away with by President Clinton, that separates investment banks from commercial banks. This law would correct the conditions for the recent crisis, as investment banks could not take risks for profit that create fake derivatives out of thin air, and wipe out the commercial and savings banks.

…When I saw this list – and especially the last agenda item – the scales fell from my eyes. Of course, these unarmed people would be having the shit kicked out of them…

• BPennett 12/13/2011 6:47pm

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 8:15pm

I see we have technical problems once again here.

I tried to post a working link (my fault) for the guardian article above last night.

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 8:18pm

Here is a good example of Occupy scaring the establishment big time already.

Did Mayors, DHS Coordinate Occupy Attacks?

..According to this official, in several recent conference calls and briefings, local police agencies were advised to seek a legal reason to evict residents of tent cities, focusing on zoning laws and existing curfew rules. Agencies were also advised to demonstrate a massive show of police force, including large numbers in riot gear. In particular, the FBI reportedly advised on press relations, with one presentation suggesting that any moves to evict protesters be coordinated for a time when the press was the least likely to be present…

…It seems as though OWS has transitioned from the first and second parts of Gandhi’s formula for peaceful revolution, and have now entered the third and last stage: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you…” have come and gone…

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 8:21pm

I see many people out there talking about what our choices will be in 2012, and they are not happy about it at all. As of now the MSM tells us that it will be the Grinch or Obama. Yuck!!!

But many others are saying that the election is still a year away, and Occupy will not stay silent for much longer on politics…

The Tea Party had nowhere near the media, or people protesting, after just a few months, and look what happened. Though I supported the real Tea Party in many ways I must say that many in Occupy are far more tech savvy, and politically aware, than those that were so easily co-opted in the Tea Party to vote for exactly what they were fighting against.

As much as some in the media try to say Occupy has no central message I know they are wrong about that.

The #1 message of Occupy is that We The People have to take back our government from the big money that now owns it.

We will!

And many original Tea Part people joined Occupy!

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 8:23pm

How you may ask…

Many things are already in the works, and growing exponentially, to kick the Republicans and Democrats to the curb and take back our country from big money control.

It is time for a new third party!

2012 will NOT be more of the same.

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 8:28pm

I’ll leave the viewers here with a good old article…for now.

Manufacturing Consent

A Propaganda Model

where 12/13/2011 9:58pm

Nice,,,,,,,,,,,, 4 X tryed to post 4 X kicked out =)

where 12/13/2011 9:59pm

Ah but I know how to get around it =)

where 12/13/2011 10:03pm

I watched all last night the protest in the SF area, and it looks like a big success.
    this is how I like to determine the popularity of the movement, rather than various trending sites.

Direct Palpitation

It seems that OC kicks me off if I take more than a min, to type a post =/ Whas that about??

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 10:39pm

I feel like I am having flashbacks…

But God knows I never tried drugs back then!

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 10:43pm

It seems we have a politically incorrect topic here again :)

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 10:45pm

And don’t type on any site dummy, copy and paste :P

• WasMiddleClass 12/13/2011 11:05pm

Seeing as how I am already totally politically incorrect these days I will post this.

Hey DC, you don’t like it when it is used on you huh?

Well…they do say that all is fair in…

• nancym 12/14/2011 1:33pm
    WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 4:10pm

It looks like Occupy is doing pretty damn good for only existing for a few months :)

• WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 4:11pm

If you want proof our main stream media is trying to brainwash people and keep them from knowing the truth about many things all you have to do is turn on cable news now. You can watch 20 “news” shows and every single one just repeats what the latest thing Gingrich or Romney said is over and over, of what the latest polls say when the election is almost a year away. They don’t even talk about any of the important things happening at all. Even Ed and Rachel now! That is not news! Dylan Ratigan seems to be the last holdout.

I have to give credit to the independent “Current TV” network. You can actually learn about important things happening there. I think there is a good reason those people defected from MSNBC.

And if you want to see who Occupy really is, instead of all the media lies, be sure to watch the excelent Occupy documentary there called “The 99 Percent”.

• WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 4:12pm

Why you should expect a lot more from Connecticut’s Occupy protesters in 2012

They’ll be back

If you think Connecticut’s Occupy movement is going to wither away in the winter cold, or get co-opted by unions or lefty groups, or get sucked into Obama’s re-election push, you’d better listen to what Danielle Digirolamo and other “occupiers” have to say.

Digirolamo, 23, was huddled under a blanket at the Occupy campsite on the New Haven Green one chilly day last week, working on a laptop with her dog Bishop at her feet.

“I wouldn’t trade this for anything,” she says. “I always wanted to get involved, but I’d never figured out what was the best thing for me. This is like all my dreams are coming true.”

Digirolamo, who was born in Bridgeport, has been part of Occupy New Haven since it began almost two months ago. She is dead certain this movement isn’t going away until people like her see real change in a nation they believe has been distorted by corporate greed and political sellouts.

• WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 4:13pm

“We’re not terrorists. We love our country and we want to make sure we still have one,” Digirolamo says. “I want to have a real workable form of government, where people really have a voice.”

And she doesn’t give a damn about Obama — an attitude fairly common among the most committed young occupiers in this state, and one that scares the hell out of some Obama supporters. “The Democrats and the Republicans have become the same thing,” she shrugs.

Wes Strong, one of the key dudes in the Occupy Hartford effort, feels the same. “I don’t care if any Democrat or Republican gets elected,” he says, “because they’re not going to represent the working people.”

• WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 4:26pm

Heh Claims, Once Again

Big drop (so they say):

Eh, it’s better.  The unadjusted number was 433,287 though.  That’s a drop of 95k from the previous week — so whether the “adjustments” are reasonable or not is open to question.  I guess we’ll find out.

Let’s see if there’s anything interesting in the big table at the bottom:
    Holy crap!  And that’s on Thanksgiving week too!

What the hell happened there?  It looks like a hell of a lot of people got laid off and shifted into the extended programs as well.  This definitely wasn’t in the November numbers for the big report….. so where did these people (nearly 900,000 of them?!) go?

Yeah…where DID they go!

• WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 5:13pm

What’s Next for the Occupy Movement?

There is much to celebrate, even as the tents come down. But it’s time for new strategies.

…the Occupiers have already won the more important battles of the times.
    In only a few short months these intrepid souls, not willing to be spectators, have fundamentally exposed what many knew already: That America’s crisis was not a natural disaster but the result of three decades of calculated policies that enrich a small percentage of the population while impoverishing the many; that democracy is subverted by the influence of corporate monies that pervert the process both of elections and law-making. In other words, the Occupy movement has taught us an important civics lesson.

• WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 6:18pm

There has been a fraud scandal going on here in CT for a while over state employees getting emergency food stamps after the hurricane we had. Every time I hear it on the news my blood boils!

They gave over $800 to people that “qualified” for food lost that were not already on food stamps. Many state employees, including state police got the money. Now they are saying some state employes were not told to include overtime pay in their reported income, so they did nothing wrong.

WHAT?!!!

State employees in CT make good money with fantastic benefits!!!! Why the hell should they get $800 for food lost in a few days with no power?!!!

Those collecting food stamps already only got $30!!!

Disgusting!!!

WasMiddleClass 12/15/2011 6:28pm

And you had to drive to Hartford to apply. Easy if you were already working there, but NOT if you didn’t have the money to get there!