H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 05/02/2011 11:29pm

I’ll end this night with a quote. I thankfully have some work for a while so I have to get up early.

“Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle! Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never will. Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” – Thomas Paine

Goodnight America

WasMiddleClass 05/02/2011 11:34pm

Just to be clear, my comment of “I will say that I do not like what I read from sources I consider very credible so far on this…” is about Bin Laden, not the “muslim” thing…

Later>>>>>>>>>>>

WasMiddleClass 09/25/2011 9:55pm
in reply to Sher1 Sep 24, 2011 9:50pm

So in reply to my post that contained only political opinions you reply with multiple personal attacks on me?

Hmmm…..

bugsy166 06/01/2011 10:55pm

@ Where

That is terrible news.
I’m also sorry about your loss.
Hang in there ‘Where’ you have many good friends.

Sincerely
Bugs

Sher1 09/29/2011 8:36am

http://occupywallst.org/ More 99ers needed!

Sher1 07/03/2011 3:08pm

ANNIE 2012 I agree!

Sher1 06/14/2011 8:16am

The cost for REDEVELOPMENT & RECONSTRUCTION in IRAQ ($61 BILLION) BUT WHO’S COUNTING WHEN ITS TAXPAYERS MONEY. “Missing Iraq Money may have been stolen, Auditors say” http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-missing-billions-20110613,0,4414060.story

Sher1 06/14/2011 7:20am

@nancym: Haven’t heard Cheney’s name in awhile. Thanks but wasmiddleclass blogs on different websites and had to post my supposedly miscalculation of the cost on ww, criticizing me as if HE walks on water! No one exactly knows the real cost as stated but he needs to sit on his ego. Too many serious issues going on in America.

WasMiddleClass 06/15/2011 7:52pm

@sclark113

Long time no see.

I hope you are doing well.

Anne2012 06/18/2011 7:49am

Oh , I am with you on that one! Rick Scott is ravaging Florida!

WasMiddleClass 12/31/2011 10:11pm

As we wait for the clock to tick into 2012, and all that will bring, I was trying to think of something good to say, but decided on the old adage of “a picture is worth a thousand words”.

These pictures speak volumes!

25 best Occupy photos of 2011

WasMiddleClass 12/31/2011 10:11pm

I have also been giving some thought about all those that think Occupy was beaten by all those storm troopers that attacked us…

All I can say is thank God for this new generation that was born with computers, and has the knowledge to take on the status quo and all their old style weapons. I often wish I was born when they were instead of a age when Pong was considered amazing when I was already growing up fast…

All those naysayers can talk all they want, but for Occupy to do what they did in only a couple months was basically unheard of before.

And 2012 is about to begin…

WasMiddleClass 12/31/2011 10:12pm

This series of articles says much…

Wired.com Embeds With #Occupy and Anonymous

WasMiddleClass 01/03/2012 9:47pm
in reply to where Jan 02, 2012 12:29am

I remember when I was living in my RV a while back and had only a few stations on my TV antenna. South Park would come on every night and there was nothing else to watch. Thank God my little room in the barn now has cable!

Happy New Year to you too :)

WasMiddleClass 01/03/2012 9:48pm

I have done a lot of soul searching this new year. last night I woke at 3am and laid there thinking about what my life has become until sunrise, after working in the cold all day breaking my back, spraining my wrist, and getting soaked in hydraulic fluid head to toe, just to make a few dollars. I’m posting this because I know so many others out there are in similar situations now.

In 2007 I had a decent job, money in the bank, a house where I lived with my girlfriend, two dogs, two cats, and a huge tank of tropical fish. Family. A new truck, a motorcycle, a boat, a RV, a ATV, and many “friends”. There was always endless fun things to do in my free time, but never enough time to do them all. That had been my general situation for decades.

Between then and now I lost all of the above, except one dog who is really old now and fading fast, and a RV that is ruined from trying to live in it in the winter, all because of money.

WasMiddleClass 01/03/2012 9:49pm

Now I live alone in a little room in a barn, with a hotplate to cook on, and the bathroom a hundred yards away in another building. I can’t afford to buy heat because I was too late when I applied for heating assistance in early November, because of the cuts to it, and demand increase now. I am left looking for fallen trees in the woods to cut, haul, and split to get some wood that is almost worthless for heat. A stove full of dead wood only burns for a hour or so, and I have to go outside and downstairs to keep filling it if I want heat. I am lucky to even have that because my landlord will let me slide on the rent for a long time when most will not. I have a 16 year old truck that I can’t afford to keep legal and functioning many times. There is no more enjoyment in my life. Ever day is filled with worrying how I will pay bills. Old friends that still have their good jobs don’t call anymore because I don’t live in their world any longer.

WasMiddleClass 01/03/2012 9:50pm

Even if I am asked to do something as simple as going fishing, it is usually my truck is not on the road, or I don’t have gas money.

After all my job searching these past years I have never been able to find more than part time and temporary work. I still occasionally work a few hours for the employer I had in 2007, but the work he has now is a tiny fraction of what he had always for decades. Now I am left with using every skill I have ever learned to get part time work for less than half what I made per hour before. Much of it is backbreaking dirty work out in the cold. I have done everything I know how to survive and keep a roof over my head for four years now.

WasMiddleClass 01/03/2012 9:50pm

Four years, and there is no more light at the end of the tunnel. The only reason unemployment has gone down is because they stopped counting so many unemployed people, or they are “back to work” like I am. Most all jobs now being created are low paying, part time, and temporary ones. All talk about helping people has vanished from the media and DC. Now it is all about how much to cut. No one in any party has any plan that will actually change anything. It is either go back to what we had that gave us zero private sector job creation, or some little “stimulus” that is like throwing a couple pennies in a homeless persons cup.

I listen to what so many have to say about people in similar situations to me, like “take a bath and get a job”, “do whatever you have to to make money”, “you can live fine on minimum wage”, ”go back to school and learn a new career”.

nancym 06/22/2011 12:52am

Whoever may have watched the “Lied To” video at june23.org, I hope you followed the link to listen to this guy, who has some interesting things to say:

You might find it’s not exactly what you think.

WasMiddleClass 10/22/2011 9:31pm

HERE is what Wall Street is saying about us!

Two Thousand Americans Made Over $10 Million Last Year

More than 2,00o Americans made in excess of $10 million last year. Most of them probably earned it, perhaps at investment banks or hedge funds. Some may be rich farmers who paid themselves well as the prices of commodities rose. Some of the group may have created thousands of jobs. People who make much less than the “super rich” do want them taxed at new high rates.

Protestors in downtown Manhattan claim the top 1% of Americans are paid too much. The top 0.1% are even better off, and why shouldn’t they be? These wealthy could be offering them jobs. Perhaps the protesters would rather sleep in cold rain than take what they think is filthy money.

GGGGGRRRRRR!!!

nancym 05/25/2011 10:24am

For those feeling politically homeless, the political orphans here might be interested in this up and coming site/gathering place. I haven’t signed up yet because the site isn’t complete, just a teaser, and I don’t like signing in with Facebook or any other ID-sharing Web 2.0 link. But when it gets off the ground, it might be a good place to go before the elections in 2012.

No Parties. Just People.

nancym 08/02/2011 9:01am

Here’s a reality-check viewpoint I find interesting:

Calm down about the unimportant debt ceiling deal

nancym 10/15/2011 12:17pm

Facebook pages are great for ongoing calls to action, but for organizing they’re not really the best for presenting information. For anyone who wants to move their money, if indeed anyone on this forum actually has any money left to move, try this instead:

Move Your Money

This group’s been working on this since last year and has all the resources and info about banks and credit unions, etc.

nancym 10/24/2011 1:33pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Oct 23, 2011 8:46pm

Yeah, with bitterness. He and Howard Dean hated each other.

Spam Comment

Legion1 03/08/2011 8:48am

get some away time adamaiken, take care of yourself.

WasMiddleClass 03/08/2011 4:19pm
in reply to adamaiken Mar 08, 2011 7:16am

We all need a break from all this at times. Go out and enjoy the Florida weather for a while.

WasMiddleClass 11/16/2011 10:09pm