H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 12/25/2011 4:37pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Dec 25, 2011 4:37pm

These same kind of people will close factories and ship the jobs to China to get even richer, then turn around and call all those that made a career on hard work building that company dirty lazy bums that should just go get a job, no matter if it is not enough money to put a roof over your head anymore.

nancym 06/27/2011 3:11pm

Van Jones talks with Keith and Lawrence:

Sher1 06/25/2011 8:11am

“We are poor indeed if this nation cannot afford to lift from every recess of American life the dread fear of the unemployed that they are not needed in the world. We cannot afford to accumulate a deficit in the books of human fortitude.” Franklin D. Roosevelt, June 27, 1936

MrsChang 05/06/2011 11:44pm

Hi GDCal,

I’m in the dark, too, but as NancyM points out, these extensions will expire at the end of the year anyway. If you ever get into another extended unemployment situation, you would get the 26-week UI, but I guess Congress would have to legislate more extensions. And at this point, they prefer to ignore the 99ers.

fakk2 02/14/2011 12:11pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 14, 2011 12:07pm

Like I said, it’s not 100% their fault, but it is partially their fault.

wstaff 02/10/2011 3:07pm
in reply to where Feb 10, 2011 2:53pm

yes He Did and also talked about the past few weeks of Bills that have failed and that should of never been mentioned when there sole purpose should be on getting 99ers which is growing every day, back to work. I Commend Senator McDermotte on his thinking and wanting to truly do America’s business as it should be. Lets hope the rest of them wake up and realize what it means to work for the American People.

Spam Comment

nancym 06/25/2011 8:40am

I don’t care what anyone says, I’d still vote for him:

Climate of Denial: Can science and the truth withstand the merchants of poison?

Long, but worth the read about what’s really going on, with the news media especially.

Sher1 06/17/2011 5:55pm

@anne2012: I agree and the RTP will not take over all 3 houses in 2012, thats why America is in this financial mess retroactive. $12 Trillion national debt and 2 WARS cannot disappear in 2+ years but there are those that blog the www with political manure with hopes the people are stupid enough to believe it and vote in the same political party all over again. “LESSER OF TWO EVILS = THE DEMOCRATS” HR 589 surviving adminst the naysayers! OBAMA/BIDEN 2012!

WasMiddleClass 05/29/2011 11:10am

@nancym 05/29/2011 3:29am

I think you confused the portion of the Market Ticker post I posted here that talked about the fake Tea Party as being my words.

It was on topic with Donny’s blog posts, so I posted it here.

No biggie ;)

WasMiddleClass 05/12/2011 8:57pm

Oh my GOD!

Please don’t tell me you are becoming a politician now JoHamm!

99Survivor 06/25/2011 10:03am
pendejo….Spanish slang word for dumass. Quite appropriate for continuous dumass, flaming remarks from a 20 day old troll.
WasMiddleClass 03/31/2011 6:59pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Mar 31, 2011 6:58pm

Prove that slander!!!!!

WasMiddleClass 06/07/2011 9:22pm

I have many “conservative”…by the old definition, bones in my body.

I’m a life NRA member…

A LOT of us believe in truth, not spin…

Palin is a airhead dingbat out for publicity and money, and our so called “media” eats it up, as they ignore so many FACTS about what is going on that are VERY SERIOUS!

GRRRR!

Later people>>>>

WasMiddleClass 11/16/2011 10:09pm
in reply to Liberty1 Nov 16, 2011 10:04pm

What the heck are you doing over here LT? LOL

WasMiddleClass 03/08/2011 4:19pm
in reply to adamaiken Mar 08, 2011 7:16am

We all need a break from all this at times. Go out and enjoy the Florida weather for a while.

WasMiddleClass 06/26/2011 8:03pm

To all of our so called elected “leaders” (and those that work for them) out there that purposely ignore what so many millions of our people are dealing with now as you suck the private parts of the elite, I have a message for you.

I pray to God that one day every dollar you have is taken from you as you are fired from your job and get a hard kick in the ass to the curb so you and your family have to try to survive like so many of your constituents do now!

It will happen sooner or later…

WasMiddleClass 12/25/2011 4:37pm

As I contemplated what my life has become now, and why, I could not help but think about the battle we are seeing now is as old as time itself. Good vs evil, light vs dark. Those that have empathy, and care about other human beings, and those that know only greed and selfishness, and want to take from others no matter how much they already have. Those that cry bloody murder if they are asked to give a few dollars to help those in need out of their fortunes. “I earned it” they scream, though many in need of help have actually done more to help this country than those screaming will ever do. Who built that fancy office? Who built that fancy house? Who built that fancy car? Who built the roads and bridges you drive on? Who fought those wars? And some of these same people will scream how the problem is those who built those things make way too much at maybe 50k per year, if they still have a job, while they got millions just for a Christmas bonus, or God knows how much from lobbyists.

Legion1 03/08/2011 8:48am

get some away time adamaiken, take care of yourself.

Spam Comment

WasMiddleClass 06/26/2011 8:05pm

@where

You just behave please ;)

Shooting trolls is more boring than shooting fish in a barrel after all :)

nancym 10/24/2011 1:33pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Oct 23, 2011 8:46pm

Yeah, with bitterness. He and Howard Dean hated each other.

nancym 10/15/2011 12:17pm

Facebook pages are great for ongoing calls to action, but for organizing they’re not really the best for presenting information. For anyone who wants to move their money, if indeed anyone on this forum actually has any money left to move, try this instead:

Move Your Money

This group’s been working on this since last year and has all the resources and info about banks and credit unions, etc.

WasMiddleClass 06/26/2011 8:13pm

@nancym 06/26/2011 12:00pm

You know what I always liked about you? I learn new things form you.

I read that liberal became progressive article back in the early days of this nightmare. Somehow I missed clarification on that media spin in all my learning since.

Thanks ;)

nancym 10/07/2011 4:16am
in reply to WasMiddleClass Oct 06, 2011 10:53pm

Well, the answer IS public financing of elections. It has worked in some places; it’s just that in the heat of elections everyone seems to forget all about that need for change.

WasMiddleClass 04/26/2011 9:59pm

And on top of it all I am now seeing double and I don’t even have a damn thing to drink!

WasMiddleClass 06/20/2011 9:37pm

One last thing I want to add for today is that David Stockman said that extending the Bush tax cuts would be equal to America declaring bankruptcy…

And he, being the one of the main ones that designed “trickle down economics”, spent MANY years since then saying how IT DOES NOT WORK.

nancym 08/02/2011 9:01am

Here’s a reality-check viewpoint I find interesting:

Calm down about the unimportant debt ceiling deal

nancym 05/25/2011 10:24am

For those feeling politically homeless, the political orphans here might be interested in this up and coming site/gathering place. I haven’t signed up yet because the site isn’t complete, just a teaser, and I don’t like signing in with Facebook or any other ID-sharing Web 2.0 link. But when it gets off the ground, it might be a good place to go before the elections in 2012.

No Parties. Just People.

Sher1 06/27/2011 9:11am

The House is in & out for a “District Work Session” they return on July 5. The Senate is off the week of the 4th.

The House has another District week off the week of July 18. In total, there are 19 more working days for Congress until they break the first week of August, and return on Sept. 6, and they aren’t even close to an agreement on the debt ceiling or the 2012 budget yet. The BEST that can happen is to get HR 589 attached as a AMENDMENT to one of those bills, thats what happening so continue to EMAIL – FAX – TWEET and CALL on this. The FIGHT isn’t over for HR 589. The world is still revolving and the 99ers still struggling so DON’T give up.

Here is the schedule for the year, broken down monthly: