H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

Sher1 09/29/2011 8:36am

http://occupywallst.org/ More 99ers needed!

adamaiken 04/10/2011 10:20am

You know something, I was talking to a woman last week who said she has a twenty year old daughter with type 1 diabetes, she was against the Unions and the healthcare bill and the Dems etc., not surprising as she is a Floridian.
She was worried about her daughter not being able to get healthcare in the future. I threw it out there that the new healthbill must have helped her daughter and she answered, because of it she will be able to stay on my insurance until she is twenty six and then I threw out there that buy the time she was twenty six, the rest of the bill would have kicked in and she would be able to get insurance because pre-existing conditions would no longer prevent her. She grudgingly admitted that was true.

Sher1 02/26/2011 2:05am

WHERE ARE THE JOBS! www.whenarethejobs.com

Sher1 02/26/2011 1:46am
in reply to Legion1 Feb 25, 2011 3:57pm

YAWN! BE NICE!!!

bugsy166 06/01/2011 10:55pm

@ Where

That is terrible news.
I’m also sorry about your loss.
Hang in there ‘Where’ you have many good friends.

Sincerely
Bugs

Sher1 02/26/2011 2:00am
in reply to Legion1 Feb 25, 2011 4:03pm

@Legion1: You have been reported! Lets keep OC civil as it once was.

WasMiddleClass 02/18/2011 9:43am
in reply to 99Survivor Feb 18, 2011 6:28am

WasMiddleClass 02/18/2011 9:51am
in reply to 99Survivor Feb 18, 2011 6:06am

You and I are not the only ones asking that.

MrsChang 04/11/2011 5:06pm
in reply to Legion1 Apr 11, 2011 1:42pm

Oh no! ’scuse me while I take a walk.

Legion1 04/19/2011 5:32pm

ok “Was”, you peaked my interest, where’s the other 8?

WasMiddleClass 04/19/2011 2:50pm
in reply to bugsy166 Apr 19, 2011 10:28am

I’ll believe that when I see it…

Sher1 08/02/2011 8:55am

President Obama will be RE-ELECTED as the alternative is NOT an option. President Bush Invaded Iraq and it was revealed he LIED about the reasons but when he ran for re-election he put the FEAR of 9/11 in majority of his ads and the American people fell for it UNFORTUNATELY! President Obama will be RE-ELECTED but this Debt-Ceiling B.S. gives the teabaggers what THEY wanted once again and thats protection for the RICH UPPER-MIDDLE class Americans who walk away with blood on their hands. I will be calling MY Senators and hope everyone else does that opposes this. No one in Washington is revealing to THEIR constituents what CUTS and what PROGRAMS will be affected. If thats not a slap in the face then nothing is BUT the teabaggers & republicans got what they wanted, they will come after US (YOU & ME) with the Obama Blame-game Routine but LESSON LEARNED from 8 years of Bush/Cheney. “LESSER OF TWO EVILS = THE DEMOCRATS”

WasMiddleClass 04/13/2011 6:10pm
in reply to vinmarly Apr 13, 2011 6:07pm

Who are you going to vote for?

WasMiddleClass 04/13/2011 5:03pm

Anyone know what a whirling dirvish is?

WasMiddleClass 07/23/2011 10:37pm

Barack Obama is Gutting the Core Principles of the Democratic Party
The president’s attacks on America’s social safety net are destroying the soul of the Democratic party’s platform

…Therein lies one of the most enduring attributes of Obama’s legacy: in many crucial areas, he has done more to subvert and weaken the left’s political agenda than a GOP president could have dreamed of achieving. So potent, so overarching, are tribal loyalties in American politics that partisans will support, or at least tolerate, any and all policies their party’s leader endorses – even if those policies are ones they long claimed to loathe.
This dynamic has repeatedly emerged in numerous contexts. Obama has continued Bush/Cheney terrorism policies – once viciously denounced by Democrats – of indefinite detention, renditions, secret prisons by proxy, and sweeping secrecy doctrines.

nancym 07/24/2011 11:42am

Well, all I can add to the train of thought that seems to be permeating this Sunday morning is that if Michelle Bachman becomes President because so many decide not to vote, either in the primaries or the general, I will definitely be leaving the country at that point. Not an “idle threat,” I would consider my country fully lost at that point and couldn’t bear to stick around.

As for the “deafening silence” of the left, that seems to be in contradiction to the reported numbers of dissatisfied Democrats and progressives. To the extent that they might be silent is simply a factor of their lack of access to currently controlled media. All I ask is that everyone who is dissatisfied become fully engaged in the upcoming political battles in not only the national elections, but perhaps even more importantly, in the state elections. Choosing to sit out these elections when the country is in danger of being lost forever is a childish stance.

WasMiddleClass 04/13/2011 5:51pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Apr 13, 2011 5:51pm

Where did you get that number?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:02pm

And from our so helpful Republican friends….

INDIANA (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – We’ve received plenty of feedback about a bill making its way through the Indiana Statehouse that would tie unemployment benefits to drug testing.
The bill was introduced by two freshman Republican lawmakers

Ummm…..doesn’t some have to hold a job for a good while to even collect unemployment?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:10pm
in reply to fakk2 Feb 14, 2011 2:08pm

Who the heck is “you two” ?

WasMiddleClass 04/13/2011 5:52pm

It is WAY, WAY higher than that

wstaff 02/10/2011 1:54pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 10, 2011 1:42pm

I had a secret clearance too and your point well taken (where). America has no Idea how fast this could spin out of control if that kept secret/s were released to other countries but like WasMiddleClass I could not bring myself to release such information. In fact even tho WasMiddleClass and myself probably carry the same certification did you know we can not even discuss among ourselves what we know (Compare Notes ect.).

WasMiddleClass – all work with you on a flier that would help our cause.

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 6:35pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 10, 2011 6:34pm

It is time for ALL to step up to the plate. Those of us whose words you read online can not win this alone.

If you never posted anything online before, now is the time to jump in. We all did it once.

Stand up and fight, or lay down and die. The choice is yours.

It has been three years of fighting for me, but I will NOT lay down and die EVER!

I hope you viewers will join us. We need you!

This is our final stand!

WasMiddleClass 02/10/2011 1:22pm

OK people, it is time for another plan!

How do we reach more of our 99er brethren, that more than likely are not online much, if at all, because they can’t afford it?

Where can we find many (besides homeless camps)?

Answer: The local unemployment office!

I’ll repost an article from my state on this board too to show what I am talking about.

wstaff 02/10/2011 1:57pm
in reply to bugsy166 Feb 10, 2011 1:51pm

no problem bugsy166 I never take anything personally and I am totally in your corner here. Like I said you brought up some key issues that more then make sense to me.

bugsy166 02/10/2011 1:35pm
in reply to bugsy166 Feb 10, 2011 1:35pm

As long as 10% of the people in the U.S. hold 70% of the wealth then we are doomed. Let’s put that in real numbers 10% equals 3 million 100 thousand people and that leaves 306 million and 900 thousand people to divide up the 30% of wealth in this country. Just another reason;=No wonder there are no jobs coming back ‘fast’= the money is tied up and does not flow through the country. We used to have taxes of 50% to 91% on wealthy BEFORE PRESIDENT BUSH’s NEW 10 YEAR TAX BREAK FOR THE RICH WAS PASSED and that kept money flowing through the economy because if it wasn’t invested they lost it to taxes. Now there is ………………..ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE………… to invest THUS the money is hoarded and the country slowly comes to a halt. FURTHERMORE –

wstaff 02/10/2011 2:31pm

“WE THE PEOPLE of these United States” Created by our forefathers centuries ago.
Who is “We”?

WE are the homeless and less fortunate then the 1% Billionaires
that reside in this country and abroad. WE are the unemployed who have faught
hard and with a clear purpose. WE are the individuals that have never forgotten the meaning of what 1 dollar is worth. WE are also the people still working but know that WE can be put the same position as my fellow man that is not currently working and WE THE PEOPLE of these United States will leave no stone un-turned until every man or woman is re-employed.

sclark113 02/10/2011 3:19pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 10, 2011 3:07pm

Do you have a scanner that you can scan something into after you mark-up the changes you want to make manually? If so scan it in and send it to tier5for99ers@gmail.com and I’ll see if I can figure a way to re-create it in word the old fashioned way…I’ll re-type it! No scanner…there’s always snail mail.

sclark113 02/10/2011 3:19pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 10, 2011 3:07pm

Legion1 02/19/2011 8:41am

Sorry, that story is from Friday, not Thursday as I thought at first.

WasMiddleClass 09/25/2011 9:55pm
in reply to Sher1 Sep 24, 2011 9:50pm

So in reply to my post that contained only political opinions you reply with multiple personal attacks on me?

Hmmm…..