The easiest way to email your members of CongressDonate Now
H.R.6489 - National Integrated Drought Information System Reauthorization Act of 2012
To reauthorize the National Integrated Drought Information System.
Loading Bill Text
Rollover any line of text to comment and/or link to it.
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
SEC. 2. NIDIS PROGRAM AMENDMENTS.
(1) in subsection (a) by inserting before the period at the end the following: ‘to better inform and provide for more timely decisionmaking to reduce drought related impacts and costs’;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
‘(A) collects and integrates information on the key indicators of drought in order to make usable, reliable, and timely forecasts of drought, including assessments of the severity of drought conditions and impacts; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink
‘(1) IN GENERAL- Not later than 18 months after the date of enactment of the National Integrated Drought Information System Reauthorization Act of 2012, the Under Secretary shall transmit to the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate a report that contains--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
‘(A) an analysis of the implementation of the National Integrated Drought Information System program, including how the information, forecasts, and assessments are utilized in drought policy planning and response activities;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
‘(2) CONSULTATION- In developing the report under paragraph (1), the Under Secretary shall consult with relevant Federal, regional, State, tribal, and local government agencies, research institutions, and the private sector.’.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
‘SEC. 4. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
Vote on This Bill
OC Blog Articles Related To This Bill
- Videos from Personal Democracy Forum Conference 2012 Jun 13, 2012
- With SOPA Shelved, Congress Readies its Next Attack on the Internet Feb 13, 2012
- Anti-Web Censorship Bill Protest from Our Perspective at OC Feb 08, 2012
- Join the Public Mark-up of SOPA Nov 19, 2011
- Scientists Want More Scientific Integrity in Congress Feb 25, 2010