S.1408 - Data Breach Notification Act of 2011
A bill to require Federal agencies, and persons engaged in interstate commerce, in possession of data containing sensitive personally identifiable information, to disclose any breach of such information. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to require Federal agencies, and persons engaged in interstate commerce, in possession of data containing sensitive personally identifiable information, to disclose any breach of such information. as introduced.
- Short: Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 as introduced.
- Short: Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 as reported to senate.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that oppose this bill:
- Commercial banks & bank holding companies Commercial banks & bank holding companies (close)
- Credit unions Credit unions (close)
- Chambers of commerce Chambers of commerce (close)
- Retail trade Retail trade (close)
Top recipients for ALL opposing interest groups
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$202,950|
|Sen. Richard C. Shelby [R, AL]||$153,650|
|Sen. Rob Portman [R, OH]||$128,050|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$115,250|
|Sen. Roy Blunt [R, MO]||$89,650|
|Sen. Mark Kirk [R, IL]||$88,775|
|Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC]||$83,600|
|Sen. Johnny Isakson [R, GA]||$75,550|
|Sen. John Thune [R, SD]||$74,400|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$72,950|
|Rep. Edward R. Royce [R, CA-39]||$79,483|
|Rep. John A. Boehner [R, OH-8]||$68,250|
|Rep. James A. Himes [D, CT-4]||$64,000|
|Rep. Spencer Bachus [R, AL-6]||$61,000|
|Rep. Patrick J. Tiberi [R, OH-12]||$58,700|
|Rep. Erik Paulsen [R, MN-3]||$57,250|
|Rep. Jeb Hensarling [R, TX-5]||$56,250|
|Rep. Eric Cantor [R, VA-7]||$55,800|
|Rep. Dave Camp [R, MI-4]||$55,500|
|Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney [D, NY-12]||$54,210|
Specific Organizations Opposing S.1408
- US Chamber of Commerce
- Independent Community Bankers of America
- The National Retail Federation
- American Bankers Association
- Credit Union National Association
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.