S.1718 - Strengthening Medicare And Repaying Taxpayers Act of 2011
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act with respect to the application of Medicare secondary payer rules for certain claims. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act with respect to the application of Medicare secondary payer rules for certain claims. as introduced.
- Short: Strengthening Medicare And Repaying Taxpayers Act of 2011 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that support this bill:
- Food stores Food stores (close)
- Food wholesalers Food wholesalers (close)
- Entertainment Industry/Broadcast & Motion Pictures Entertainment Industry/Broadcast & Motion Pictures (close)
- Insurance Insurance (close)
- Insurance companies, brokers & agents Insurance companies, brokers & agents (close)
- Property & casualty insurance Property & casualty insurance (close)
- Finance, Insurance & Real Estate Finance, Insurance & Real Estate (close)
- Trial Lawyers & law firms Trial Lawyers & law firms (close)
- Corporate Lawyers & law firms Corporate Lawyers & law firms (close)
- Legal Services Legal Services (close)
- Attorneys & law firms Attorneys & law firms (close)
- Pro-business associations Pro-business associations (close)
- General business associations General business associations (close)
- Restaurants & drinking establishments Restaurants & drinking establishments (close)
- Hardware & building materials stores Hardware & building materials stores (close)
- Consumer electronics & computer stores Consumer electronics & computer stores (close)
- Apparel & accessory stores Apparel & accessory stores (close)
- Department, variety & convenience stores Department, variety & convenience stores (close)
- Miscellaneous retail stores Miscellaneous retail stores (close)
- Business services Business services (close)
- Hotels & motels Hotels & motels (close)
Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups
|Name||Amount Received||Vote On Passage|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$2,947,238|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$2,471,066|
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$1,885,459|
|Sen. Rob Portman [R, OH]||$1,202,358|
|Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA]||$1,019,873|
|Sen. Mark Kirk [R, IL]||$858,646|
|Sen. Michael F. Bennet [D, CO]||$816,160|
|Sen. Roy Blunt [R, MO]||$664,343|
|Sen. Patrick J. Toomey [R, PA]||$583,167|
|Sen. Richard C. Shelby [R, AL]||$564,466|
|Rep. Eric Cantor [R, VA-7]||$436,925|
|Rep. Michael E. Capuano [D, MA-7]||$404,450|
|Rep. Bruce L. Braley [D, IA-1]||$385,010|
|Rep. Patrick Meehan [R, PA-7]||$330,590|
|Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney [D, NY-12]||$310,179|
|Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D, MD-5]||$305,757|
|Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz [D, PA-13]||$302,355|
|Rep. John A. Boehner [R, OH-8]||$290,665|
|Rep. John B. Larson [D, CT-1]||$258,985|
|Rep. Patrick J. Tiberi [R, OH-12]||$253,649|
Specific Organizations Supporting S.1718
- MARC Coalition
- ACE Group
- Allstate Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Best Buy
- Broadspire, A Crawford Company
- Carr, Allison, Pugh, Howard, Oliver, & Sisson, PC
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Crowe Paradis Services Corporation
- C & S Wholesale Grocers Inc.
- Defense Research Institute
- Gallagher Bassett Services Inc.
- Gap, Inc.
- Gould and Lamb, LLC
- Hartford Financial Services Group
- HEB Risk Solutions, Inc.
- Hobby Lobby
- Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- MedAllocators, Inc.
- Nationwide Insurance
- Pacific Compensation Insurance
- Property Casualty Insurers Association of America
- PMSI Settlement Solutions
- Royal MSA-Consultants, LLC
- Safety National Casualty Corporation
- Sedgwick Claims Management
- Specialty Risk Services
- Synergy Settlement Services
- Texas Roadhouse
- Wakefern Food Corporation
- Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
- West Bend Mutual Insurance Company
- Wicker, Smith, O'Hara, McCoy & Ford, P.A
- American Association for Justice
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.