H.R.1999 - SAVE Act
To reduce waste and implement cost savings and revenue enhancement for the Federal Government. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To reduce waste and implement cost savings and revenue enhancement for the Federal Government. as introduced.
- Short: SAVE Act as introduced.
- Short: Savings, Accountability, Value, and Efficiency Act as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 4
- Past Seven Days: 8
- All-Time: 264
Official SummarySavings, Accountability, Value, and Efficiency Act or the SAVE Act - Requires within six months after the enactment of this Act and every two years thereafter: (1) the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to develop and publish a national strategy for managing excess and un
Official SummarySavings, Accountability, Value, and Efficiency Act or the SAVE Act - Requires within six months after the enactment of this Act and every two years thereafter:
(1) the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to develop and publish a national strategy for managing excess and underutilized federal real property; and
(2) the Administrator of the General Services Administration (GSA) to develop and implement a plan to improve the Federal Real Property Profile that ensures the data collected is complete, accurate, and consistent. Requires the Administrator for Federal Procurement Policy to issue guidance to federal agencies for reinvigorating the role of the competition advocate. Requires OMB to issue government-wide savings goals for the strategic sourcing of goods and services by executive agencies. Requires agency chief information officers to report to OMB on agency efforts to identify and eliminate potentially duplicative information technology investment. Requires the Federal Chief Information Officer to develop and implement the Federal Data Center Optimization Initiative to optimize the usage and efficiency of federal data centers. Requires OMB to issue recommendations for reducing or consolidating the number of federal data centers by at least 40% by the end of FY2018 and by at least 80% by the end of FY2023. Rescinds unobligated budget authority for the Department of Energy (DOE) Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program. Amends title XI (General Provisions) of the Social Security Act to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to submit to Congress a report on efforts to finalize plans and schedules for fully implementing and expanding the use of the Integrated Data Repository and on actions taken to plan, schedule, and conduct training on the One Program Integrity System. Amends the USEC Privatization Act to expand the definition of \"uranium\" for purposes of transfers and sales to include depleted uranium and any byproduct of uranium processing. Requires OMB to develop a strategy to assess the collective results of federal funding for the reduction of mobile source diesel emissions and to identify and eliminate any unnecessary duplication, overlap, and fragmentation of such activities. Repeals a provision of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 establishing an inspection and grading program for catfish and other species of farm-raised fish or shellfish.
...Read the Rest