H.R.35 - Safe Schools Act of 2013

To restore safety to America's schools. view all titles (2)

• Short: Safe Schools Act of 2013 as introduced.
  • Official: To restore safety to America's schools. as introduced.

• SherlockHolmes67 01/08/2013 8:07pm

I’d have to see the actual text of this bill before deciding one way or the other. It could be another gun control scheme with a cuddly title.

luizlopes 01/10/2013 2:16pm

Here you go mate: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.35:

• 530i 01/10/2013 4:26pm

While this won’t solve the problem, it is certainly a common sense step in the right direction.
    The bill essentially says, declaring schools as Gun Free Zones has been a deadly failure and only send a message to all the mass killers, that schools are the best place to go. The bill seeks to end the stupid failure of a policy.

• raichu 01/23/2013 11:57pm

Uh, no. Less guns, not more. I have not enough trust in the average individual to allow them to possess a gun near children like this. The risks are far too high. I do not mind perhaps a guard or two, but no teacher or student should ever be armed.

Wolf428 01/30/2013 2:12am

It Would come down to the State and School systems to say whether or not anyone can arm themselves on the property. That is all it is doing. as of NOW ONLY Law enforcement can carry on public school campuses. All i know is when i go to college i would like to be able to Conceal carry in case some nut job comes in and i need to defend myself. Remember the Police can only REspond to attacks, Not actively stop them, WE as people CAN stop these from happening if we stop being so closed minded about allowing people to defend themselves as they see fit. whether it be pepper spray or a concealed Compact 9mm in someones purse.

• jaws2421 01/25/2013 1:57pm

I understand both points. The fact still remains, this would increase the amount of weapons in those designated areas assuming individuals have carry permits. Criminals are criminals because they disregard the established laws. A sign won’t stop that. However, we are not a society living in the “wild wild west” based on vigilantes, we have police. Look outside your door or window right now and tell me how many crimes are being committed in front of you? I don’t see any and I can say with confidence neither do you. Having my legally owned firearm with me wouldn’t change that either way. Isn’t it great to live in America where the fear of life or death isn’t an everyday occurrence for the majority?

Wolf428 01/30/2013 2:16am

You forget one fact. Not everyone has a choice to live in a saef and secure environment. the area i live in is getting increasingly more violent as the economy goes down. I have a shotgun near me at ALL TIMES, Save for in my truck ihave my Pistol for that. Another fine point is the Police are not an active crime seeking force to prevent crime/murders/rape etc. they are nothing but a RESPONSE force meaning they can only come after someone has kicked down your door and you happened to be awake near a phone with enough time to call someone for help. point being No Matter where I go i want to be able to defend my self to the best of my ability whether it be a rifle/Shotgun at home, Or a concealed pistol when out of my house.