S.715 - Authorized Rural Water Projects Completion Act
A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to use designated funding to pay for construction of authorized rural water projects, and for other purposes.
Loading Bill Text
Rollover any line of text to comment and/or link to it.
Mr. BAUCUS (for himself, Mr. TESTER, Mr. UDALL of New Mexico, Ms. KLOBUCHAR, Mr. FRANKEN, Mr. JOHNSON of South Dakota, Mr. HEINRICH, Mr. HOEVEN, Ms. HEITKAMP, and Mr. HARKIN) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural ResourcesCommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
SEC. 3. RECLAMATION RURAL WATER CONSTRUCTION FUND.
(1) IN GENERAL- For each of fiscal years 2014 through 2030, the Secretary of the Treasury shall deposit in the Fund $80,000,000 of the revenues that would otherwise be deposited for the fiscal year in the reclamation fund established by the first section of the Act of June 17, 1902 (32 Stat. 388, chapter 1093).CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(3) LIMITATION- Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2), no amounts may be deposited in, or made available from, the Fund under those paragraphs if the transfer or availability of the amounts would increase the deficit.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(B) ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURES- Notwithstanding subparagraph (A), the Secretary may expend more than $80,000,000 for any fiscal year listed in subparagraph (A) if such amounts are available in the Fund due to expenditures not reaching $80,000,000 in 1 or more prior fiscal years.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(I) pursuant to section 106(e) of the Rural Water Supply Act of 2006 (
(2) CREDITS TO FUND- The interest on, and the proceeds from the sale or redemption of, any obligations held in the Fund shall be credited to, and form a part of, the Fund.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(1) IN GENERAL- The amounts required to be transferred to the Fund under this section shall be transferred at least monthly from the general fund of the Treasury to the Fund on the basis of estimates made by the Secretary of the Treasury.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(2) ADJUSTMENTS- Proper adjustment shall be made in amounts subsequently transferred to the extent prior estimates were in excess of or less than the amounts required to be transferred.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink