The easiest way to email your members of CongressDonate Now
S.Res.30 - A resolution establishing the Committee to Reduce Government Waste.
Loading Bill Text
Rollover any line of text to comment and/or link to it.
SECTION 1. ESTABLISHMENT.
SEC. 2. MEMBERSHIP.
(2) EXCEPTIONS- No person shall continue to serve as a member of the committee after that person has ceased to be a member of the Committee from which the member was chosen.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(e) Quorum- A majority of the members of the committee shall constitute a quorum, but a lesser number of members may hold hearings. The powers conferred upon them under section 4 may be exercised by a majority vote.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 3. DUTIES.
(2) RECOMMENDATIONS- The committee shall develop recommendations to the Senate for actions designed to modify or eliminate underperforming or nonessential Federal programs.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(b) Consideration of Legislation- Any legislation submitted to the Senate by the committee shall be considered under the provisions of section 310 of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 (
SEC. 4. POWERS.
(b) Witness Allowances and Fees- The provisions of
SEC. 5. APPOINTMENT AND COMPENSATION OF STAFF.
Except as otherwise provided by law, the committee shall have the power to appoint and fix the compensation of the Chief of Staff of the committee and such experts and clerical, stenographic, and other assistants as the committee deems advisable.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 6. PAYMENT OF EXPENSES.
Vote on This Bill
OC Blog Articles Related To This Bill
- Will Government Employees Publicly Oppose #FreeTHOMAS? Jun 05, 2012
- Yes, let's stride towards an open VCS for legislation (or, GitHub for laws on OC) May 23, 2012
- Congress Links - STOCK Act Jan 30, 2012
- Senate Moves to Bill Repealing Oil Subsidies May 17, 2011
- The Color (and Gender) of Congress Feb 01, 2011