The easiest way to email your members of CongressDonate Now
S.Res.51 - An original resolution authorizing expenditures by the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
Loading Bill Text
Rollover any line of text to comment and/or link to it.
Mr. ROCKEFELLER, from the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, reported the following original resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Rules and AdministrationCommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SECTION 1. GENERAL AUTHORITY.
In carrying out its powers, duties, and functions under the Standing Rules of the Senate, in accordance with its jurisdiction under rule XXV of the Standing Rules of the Senate, including holding hearings, reporting such hearings, and making investigations as authorized by paragraphs 1 and 8 of rule XXVI of the Standing Rules of the Senate, the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation (in this resolution referred to as the ‘committee’) is authorized from March 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013, in its discretion to--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(3) with the prior consent of the Government department or agency concerned and the Committee on Rules and Administration, use on a reimbursable or nonreimbursable basis the services of personnel of any such department or agency.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 2. EXPENSES FOR PERIOD ENDING SEPTEMBER 30, 2013.
(1) not to exceed $50,000 may be expended for the procurement of the services of individual consultants, or organizations thereof (as authorized by section 202(i) of the Legislative Reorganization Act of 1946 (
SEC. 3. EXPENSES AND AGENCY CONTRIBUTIONS.
(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (2), expenses of the committee under this resolution shall be paid from the contingent fund of the Senate upon vouchers approved by the chairman of the committee.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(b) Agency Contributions- There are authorized such sums as may be necessary for agency contributions related to the compensation of employees of the committee from March 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013, to be paid from the appropriations account for ‘Expenses of Inquiries and Investigations’ of the Senate.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
Vote on This Bill
OC Blog Articles Related To This Bill
- Will Government Employees Publicly Oppose #FreeTHOMAS? Jun 05, 2012
- Yes, let's stride towards an open VCS for legislation (or, GitHub for laws on OC) May 23, 2012
- The Color (and Gender) of Congress Feb 01, 2011
- Compare Votes Head-to-Head in Advance of Tonight's SoTU Jan 25, 2011
- Scientists Want More Scientific Integrity in Congress Feb 25, 2010