H.R.1762 - Biennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2013
To provide a biennial budget for the United States Government. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To provide a biennial budget for the United States Government. as introduced.
- Short: Biennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2013 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 1,252
Official SummaryBiennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2013 - Amends the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 to require: (1) biennial (instead of annual) budget resolutions, (2) biennial appropriations Acts, and (3) biennial government strategic and performance plans. Makes conforming amendments to the
Official SummaryBiennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2013 - Amends the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 to require:
(1) biennial (instead of annual) budget resolutions,
(2) biennial appropriations Acts, and
(3) biennial government strategic and performance plans. Makes conforming amendments to the Rules of the House of Representatives. Defines the budget biennium as the two consecutive fiscal years beginning on October 1 of any odd-numbered year. Requires:
(1) a federal agency, upon request by a congressional committee, to provide appropriate information regarding its appropriations requests and program administration;
(2) the Comptroller General to furnish to such committee summaries of any audits or reviews of such program which the Comptroller General has completed during the preceding six years; and
(3) the Comptroller General, Director of the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), and the Director of the Congressional Research Service (CRS) to furnish such committee appropriate information, studies, analyses, and reports. Requires the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to determine and report to Congress on the impact and feasibility of changing the definition of a fiscal year, and the budget process based on that definition, to a two-year fiscal period with a biennial budget process based on such period. Requires the President's budget submission for FY2016 to include:
(1) an identification of the budget accounts for which an appropriation should be made for each fiscal year of the FY2016-FY2017 biennium, and
(2) budget authority that should be provided for each such fiscal year for the budget accounts. Directs:
(1) the House and Senate committees, during the first session of the 114th Congress, to work with the Comptroller General to develop plans to transition program authorizations to a multi-year schedule; and
(2) the Comptroller General, during such Congress, to continue to provide assistance to Congress with respect to programmatic oversight, and in particular to assist the congressional committees in designing and conforming programmatic oversight procedures for FY2016-FY2017 biennium. Requires a vote of at least three-fifths of the Members in each chamber for passage of any bill or joint resolution, amendment, or conference report making supplemental appropriations.
...Read the Rest