H.R.2 - Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act

To repeal the job-killing health care law and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. view all titles (3)

• Official: To repeal the job-killing health care law and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. as introduced.
  • Short: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act as introduced.
  • Short: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act as passed house.

BECKYTOM 01/15/2011 5:59am
in reply to JackCox Jan 06, 2011 5:34pm

They used the word killing in the name so you would know it’s a republican bill

kir 01/15/2011 2:57am
in reply to stidmatt Jan 14, 2011 2:26pm

I support health as well. I just don’t support this bill which does nothing to increase the health of this nation. By the way we DO have “government involved in health care to some extent” as you put it.

The United States already supplies health care to low income families and the elderly (Medicare and Medicaid). The two programs were created to supply health coverage to those who truly couldn’t afford it. The fact that we still have such an issue with health care in this country only strengthens the image that govt attempts to provide coverage are failures.

Why don’t we try to fix the programs in place AND why don’t we try to lower the burden on middle and upper middle class families by lowering taxes as well. I know my family would be able to afford insurance if they weren’t paying 40% of their income to taxes.

stidmatt 01/14/2011 2:26pm

There are a few things to me that make my position on health care clear:
1. There is a clear correlation between the Human Development Indexes of countries that DO have government involved in health care to some extent (Sweden, Denmark, Germany, JAPAN, TAIWAN, Canada) and countries that DON’T (Iran, Russia, any third world nation really).
2. We pay a lot for health care. This was not a complete overhaul, it was so vandalized by Republicans that all that is left is a lot of restrictions on abusive practices from insurers that kept people from getting the care they need.
3. Health care is a public good like roads, mass transit, communication, energy, etc. There are three things that make it so: my having health care doesn’t keep you from having health care, and my having health care makes you need less health care because the person who didn’t have health care is no longer an incubator for disease.

Because of these economic, scientific, and quality of life reasons, I support health.

kwittlieff 01/14/2011 5:32am
in reply to suzieqs Jan 08, 2011 11:57am

And the Democrats only have our best interest in mind right?

faheem2774 01/13/2011 3:27pm

I too would want more reform, but dismantling this bill (which does include many Republican ideas) is not the solution. If you do not like portions, then legislate – don’t repeal and tell me that this is what we the people want.

kir 01/09/2011 5:42am
in reply to kir Jan 09, 2011 5:42am

I can go on actually. Btw republicans put forth multiple proposals they were ignored. Oh and… btw how many lobbyists are the democrats currently in bed with? How many mega corporations? Remember the health care bill puts a LOT of stress on small businesses that can’t possibly afford the mandates set forth, ask most small business owners, they’ll agree. Most of the bills passed by democrats protect two groups, the absolute poorest and the absolute richest. They destroy the middle and upper middle class.

kir 01/09/2011 5:42am
in reply to suzieqs Jan 08, 2011 11:51am

Well I’d be happy if the bill is repealed. I personally will be harmed by the health care bill because I can not afford to buy health insurance. Hey maybe when this bill is repealed, all the people who were fired from Sallie Mae(remember the bill also put student loans directly under govt control) will be rehired. Oh or maybe AARP which said that they would no longer offer health coverage to their employees because the health care bill raised the price of health insurance too much will be able to give them coverage again.

suzieqs 01/08/2011 11:57am

Well, this does not include REAL reform whatsoever in it, it is a 1-1/2 page piece of nothing that just calls to repeal the original in it’s entirety, so if this does pass, which I truly doubt, the pre-existing clause will be repealed, the ability to insure your children until age 25 will be repealed, the lifetime cap will be re-instated, and you know the GOP will not do one single solitary thing in regards to reforming health care they had 4 years during Clinton admin, and 6 years during Bush and didn’t do anything then, so what makes you think they’ll do anything now?

So go ahead and continue to believe that the GOP is for everyone, they aren’t and never have been, they are only for those who can line their pockets the best.

suzieqs 01/08/2011 11:51am
+ 12
in reply to kir Jan 07, 2011 6:07am

kir 01/07/2011 6:07am

I think it’s a good to give it a shot. I doubt it will pass but what it will do is give insight into which members of the house and senate are willing to replace this current bill. I want to see a new health care bill with REAL reform that will not cripple the economy.

JackCox 01/06/2011 5:34pm

Nothing but Gimmickry and a waste of Time, You want to go after this law then target the funding but please don’t play games and tell me that you have 2/3rds in both houses because you do not. This is etched into law permanently and I will tell you why. I do not believe there will be a day the Republicans will get 67 seats in the Senate, To repeal something you need 67 votes and they don’t have it in Senate, They don’t have it in the house either as you need 290 votes and they are about 58 votes short and I’m certain the Democrats do not have that many dissenters who will vote for this in their caucus. Nothing but a waste of time and Lip Service to the Tea Party.