H.R.2126 - Energy Efficiency Improvement Act of 2014
To promote energy efficiency, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Energy Efficiency Improvement Act of 2014 as passed house.
- Official: To promote energy efficiency, and for other purposes. as amended by house.
- Short: Better Buildings Act of 2014 as reported to house.
- Official: To facilitate better alignment, cooperation, and best practices between commercial real estate landlords and tenants regarding energy efficiency in buildings, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Better Buildings Act of 2013 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 15
- All-Time: 394
Roll call number 98 in the House
Question: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass, as Amended: H R 2126 To facilitate better alignment, cooperation, and best practices between commercial real estate landlords and tenants regarding energy efficiency in buildings, and for other purposes
Official SummaryBetter Buildings Act of 2013 - Requires the Administrator of General Services (GSA) to develop and publish model leasing provisions for use in leasing documents that designate a federal agency as a landlord or tenant to encourage building owners and tenants to invest in cost-effective energ
Official SummaryBetter Buildings Act of 2013 - Requires the Administrator of General Services (GSA) to develop and publish model leasing provisions for use in leasing documents that designate a federal agency as a landlord or tenant to encourage building owners and tenants to invest in cost-effective energy efficiency measures. Requires the Administrator to:
(1) develop policies and best practices to implement such measures for the realty services provided by the Administrator to federal agencies, including periodic training of federal employees and contractors on how to identify and evaluate such measures; and
(2) make available such model leasing provisions and best practices to state, county, and municipal governments that manage owned and leased building space to encourage investment in such energy efficiency measures. Amends the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 to require the Department of Energy's (DOE) Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy to study the feasibility of:
(1) significantly improving energy efficiency in commercial buildings through the design and construction of separate spaces with high-performance energy efficiency measures, and
(2) encouraging owners and tenants to implement such measures in separate spaces. Requires the Secretary to publish such study on DOE's website. Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to develop a voluntary Tenant Star program within the Energy Star program to recognize tenants in commercial buildings that voluntarily achieve high levels of energy efficiency in separate spaces. Requires DOE's Administrator of the Energy Information Administration to collect data on categories of building occupancy that consume significant quantities of energy and on other aspects of the property, building operation, or building occupancy determined to be relevant to lowering energy consumption. Prohibits the impact on climate change from being a factor in determining energy efficiency of commercial building tenants.
...Read the Rest
Latest Letters to Congress
H.R.2126 Better Buildings Act of 2013
March 03, 2014
I am writing as your constituent in the 4th Congressional district of Louisiana. I support the H.R.2126 - Better Buildings Act of 2013 bill. I like what the bill suggests it will do and how it will effect the economy. The bill suggests that building owners will have to invest in cost-efficient and energy efficiency measures which I agree would be good for the people that create buildings to do. With this bill passed the building owners would have to use resources that aren't as expensive to o...