H.R.3548 - Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009

To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (6)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as passed senate.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as enacted.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as passed house.

• unemployed2007 09/11/2009 4:56pm

Come on everyone start posting over here and support this new bill :)

JMatzelle57 09/15/2009 12:49pm

HAHA i bet the 1 opposed person is karen Campbull

rcolon85 09/17/2009 1:24pm

dartcanyon 10/28/2009 1:23pm

We desparately need this bill passed. Each and every day we are losing our places to live, defaulting on our few bills. As for me, my phone will be shut off this week, insurance will be cancelled….I just got the cancellation notice…and I can’t pay all my rent. Do I think Washington cares??? Hell NO!!!! The Republicans hope we all rot in hell.

needajobinohio1991 10/28/2009 1:24pm

It does seem that they would rather us die.

jgallop 11/04/2009 7:14am

I don’t trust any of them. the Dmocrats wanted it because they want to go full speed ahead and bankrupt us all. Rpublicans didn’t want it because they wanted to nail Acorn to the highest tree and Democrats wouldn’t have any of it.. LOL so funny! So gald dwe will get this extension but think it will be the last .

charlene75 11/02/2009 7:39pm

I just did, and my post went poooof! I guess it went to God.

charlene75 11/02/2009 7:41pm

Oooops! Was in the Oldest First link ……. :)

Lee66 09/17/2009 8:16am

Just sent an e-mail to the governor!

jmetzger79 10/26/2009 2:40pm

I would love to send an e-mail to the governor, any ideas how?? I would love to refer it too others as well. Thank you in advance

desperate

charlene75 11/02/2009 8:22am

I sent an email to my Governor a few days ago, and I received confirmation that he read it this morning. You go to the website and there is a link to “write the Governor”, then follow the instructions.

dartcanyon 10/28/2009 1:25pm

Like he really cares!! I have asked Obama, Governor and Washington to give me a job to get me off unemployment….No replies!!!!!

peachseek 09/25/2009 6:29am

Yes we need the extension, the economy has not turned around like they keep telling us. I work in the medical field and still have not found a job! I emailed my Senator in GA to vote YES for this extension. Now with the flooding disaster even more people will be homeless and out of JOBS! I think they should extend unemployment until the unemployment rated drops to within normal percentages and stop the delays.

kc3295 10/05/2009 11:10am

I do not know what part of Georgia you live in, but Central Georgia is in a world of hurt…the McDonough, Stockbridge, Conyers, etc….there are no positions unless you are an RN. It will be interesting to see the Unemployment figures for the month of September for this area. The flooding certainly hasn’t helped anything. They have yet to be posted on the GDOL website. It was nice to know that Mr. Thurmond signed the letter from the Labor Commissioners’ asking for a speedy passage.

My benefits ran out last week. I called the UI office and this really pleasant fellow told me to keep certifying; that they were sure it would pass. He was not able to answer whether or not it would be retroactive.

I have, however, been extremely distrubed over the fact that Rep. Lynn Westmoreland voted nay to the House bill. Let’s see how Chambliss and Isakson feel about the citizens of Georgia. They may be out of jobs also based on their votes.

Keep you chin up; it will happen.

PoorinMS 10/13/2009 7:02am

In one week my unemployment runs out. I am a single mother with a 13 year old son. What do they expect me to do? There are no jobs! Will they personally pay my bills until I can find work? I live in MS and the cap on our unemployment is only $230. Not enough to live on but, I can’t do without it either!

brokenmiss 10/13/2009 10:52am

Im also n Ms, my extension ran out in April, I know how u feel! We could’ve gotten another ext. but Barbour chose not to accept it. I don’t think he can do that with this one! I believe we are the lowest in the nation at 230, I will still get the 210 which was the cap at the time I started drawing! Anythings better than nothing though. Good luck and hope this passes soon! Once it passes we should get it pretty quick at least we were one of the first states to get it when the extensions began.

sueyach 10/17/2009 11:51am

It’s Sat.Oct. 17. My friend said he saw on the news the Senate passed this on Friday, yesterday, and Obama just has to sign. I can’t find anything like that on the internet? Does anyone know for sure?

shaunreekstin 10/17/2009 12:34pm

If that was so, I am sure that we would all know about it. Plus it would of been posted on here. Looks like this week is going to be the week. At least I have hope that it would, can’t fumble this one in the Senate. The people know as well as the Senate that this does not only affect us but economy as a whole. Maybe 1 million people is not enough for the govt. but sure as hell will domino right back to the govt. if this does not pass. By the way, how are they enjoying that raise they gave themselves? Did I mention that We the people pay that salary, I don’t see anyone scratching my back right now. Those exit poles are going to be real interesting come voting time.

kmdw129 10/18/2009 8:21pm

my office in az said they are just waiting to see what state gets how many weeks and that it passed last week dont know how true it is

romeoclown 10/27/2009 5:10am

republicans orin hatch.dave vitter keep stalling this process inundate thier offices with email.beter yet vote dem.

• Moderated Comment

Deeangel557 10/17/2009 4:34pm

What is the Senate waiting for, for the unemployed to starve to death.
    I can’t understand why people think that America is any different from a Communist country. We are geared to whatever the government deems fit, isn’t that the samething as Communism. I had to give up my Heathcare Insurance for Life Insurance. It seems that my family will make more money off me being dead. I tired and drained, 2 years without work, where the hell is the stimulus jobs the President Obama keeps pushing. Maybe Obama would like to put my family up in the White House once we spend our last dime.

LosingFaithInAmerica 10/19/2009 6:30am

Hey Congressman, I may not have a job, but I still have the right to vote. And, so do the millions like me who are unemployed. Come November will you have our support? Because, right now, we don’t have yours.

curtisjn 10/20/2009 4:45am

There are many, many people in need of this extention. Why should it continue to be stalled in Congress. Apparently they need a message sent on election day. Perhaps they should not work so hard to fix an un-broken medical field and work on something that matters. Like finish one task before starting another.

oceansuey1 10/21/2009 3:30pm

they say the economy is getting better. yea right my a— it is. so when they gunna vote on this or they gunna wait until more people are flat out broke. oh by the way the pell grant i think is horse poop. my income was unemployment and i only get 950 bucks not enough to help me go to school and become a marine mechanic. wasnt it put into effect to help unemployed people to go to school? school isnt cheap

givinupinohio 10/23/2009 11:22am

I’m hungry. And I’m spent. How can they propose a bill that would force me to pay for health care when I can’t afford the one-time fee of $65 (which is the highest discounted rate at my local Dental Clinic) -for a one time fee? I badly need to begin eating full meals, see the dentist.. pay my bills off.. I have worked since I was 12 now I’m 39.. my only plan left is to find good homes for my animals and live on the streets where the weather is warm. This is not life. This is nowhere in America.

cindyw1977 10/26/2009 9:59am

I have no faith in our system. We have all paid into unemployment insurance. Our congress is holding out as long as they could; honestly I think they are waiting until we all loose are homes; as soon as the banks start loosing more because people cant pay their mortgages maybe they will help. When that time comes maybe they will give the banks the money and they can throw a party.I have worked hard many years; now I’m broke and unable to provide for my children. I have searched for a job, their is nothing out there. This bill supposedly passed about a month ago; still nothing. I am two months behind on my Morganne now. I think they will hold out; don’t hold your breath. This economic down fall is now going to hit harder.

chitown123 10/27/2009 11:55am

I Love Benjamin Cardin. We will show our Love when it’s time to vote the supporters of this bill back as Senators.

jgallop 10/27/2009 12:03pm

KYl= McCain two of the same, war mongers…

sammy88 10/28/2009 7:54am

I SUPPORT PASSAGE
    I usually vote Republican, but this fight and block of the unemployment bill is a mistake. They should not be picking on those who are out of jobs and hurting right now. I support the passage of this bill and I think that Republicans need to fight government spending on useless projects and programs, not those that actually help families that are in need right now.

Big mistake Republicans.