H.R.3548 - Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009

To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (6)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as passed senate.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as enacted.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as passed house.

• davidak 09/21/2009 12:11pm

personally,i think the government should float everyone in the usa for however long it takes,they could just use the money that they sold us out on

• iliveinct 09/21/2009 12:18pm

ct has nothing. I cannot believe I’m 50 years old and I’ll be homeless.

• dispaced2007 09/21/2009 12:51pm

Here’s a pulse on the layoffs:

Number of layoffs since Nov. 1, 2008, at America’s 500 largest public companies: 609,408

Here’s the link to the “smaller” companies layoffs:

• ronaand 09/21/2009 12:59pm

please don’t forget that 3548 is essentially a revenue neutral bill that was devised to pass quickly i.e. by the end of september
    assuming it passes, the focus should be on 3404 with triggers for all states, benefit eligibility past the end of the year and additional weeks
    why is it that when i get something from the government it’s a redistribution of wealth and when you get it is an entitlement
    and we can pay for this entire program for the next millenium if we end the war in vietnam, i mean afghanistan
    i thought we voted to end that war
    by the way – complain about being off topic – i don’t care

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/21/2009 1:39pm

I don’t care that it is off-subject either. I agree with you. Until the people of the Earth realize that we are all one and the same, as long as they are going to keep dividing us by countries, then I think we should take care of our own first and stop spending the money this country doesn’t really have on wars in other countries (ie. we are borrowing from China to help Afghanistan – why can’t China just help them?).

Serendipity 09/21/2009 3:09pm

Sigh(:

Serendipity 09/21/2009 3:06pm

Old habits die hard, don’t they…

Marly911 09/22/2009 3:25am

Not really out of topic as it is all relative to how we got here.

• GonzoFL 09/21/2009 1:05pm

As it is written now,HR3404 triggers on for states 9.0% and above,but does extend the eligibility

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/21/2009 1:40pm

There is always the possibility that more states will reach the 9% average if they pass 3404, say, in December.

• iliveinct 09/21/2009 1:06pm

You can find the link to send a letter to congress on this page.

I put this in the subject because I want all to have it:
    Extend Federal Unemployment Benefits for Working Families in All States!

• iliveinct 09/21/2009 1:18pm

watch

• gigi1975 09/21/2009 1:52pm

Detroit’s jobless economy: Start-ups take root

• dispaced2007 09/21/2009 2:01pm

Yahoo main page news: House moves to extend unemployment benefits

Please click on “BuzzUp” so the story gets more exposure

• iliveinct 09/21/2009 2:04pm

I’m trying to be a start up because all I can find is freelance! But that’s not enough to live on. Most start ups happen because of “hard times”. It did stretch out my unemployment benefits but now I don’t have anything! I will lose my tiny apartment. I will be homeless. I am so ANGRY!!! AND SCARED!!! AND EMBARRASSED!!!

• iliveinct 09/21/2009 2:07pm

If I weren’t so ugly and old I could sell myself but all I can offer is a kidney. (I’m depressed and this is a stupid attempt at humor)

jgallop 09/21/2009 2:30pm

Everyone can live in abundance, your life is made up of all you have thought, lack, think about it.

JohnB 09/21/2009 2:47pm

Sorry, but my thoughts do not put bread on the table or pay the bills. :)

gigi1975 09/21/2009 2:51pm

huh?

Serendipity 09/21/2009 3:13pm

Don’t try to make sense of it.

• jgallop 09/21/2009 2:23pm

That HR264 Bill will end up taking the rest of Americas jobs, Obama wasn’t lying he’s gonna legalize them all.

• gigi1975 09/21/2009 2:26pm

I don’t understand how the federal government can discrimate against some states. A federal program should be for all. If not let the states take care of their own problems. One for all all for one

gigi1975 09/21/2009 2:33pm

wow bad typo- discriminate

• robbyt 09/21/2009 2:29pm

They need to vote on the “National Wild Horse and Burro Adoption Day” first, but it’s on the list for tommorow:

• tiffany5839 09/21/2009 2:41pm

If the unemployment rate gets higher in 2010 and people still can’t find jobs then why would this be our last extension? What would be the point of having them in the first place if they stop them in 2010 when the country’s at it’s worst yet? Don’t make sense to me..

Serendipity 09/21/2009 3:14pm

Who said it was the last extension?

jgallop 09/21/2009 4:18pm

JohnB Just trying to keep people in positive mode, nothing wrong with that and it all happens in our heads..

jgallop 09/21/2009 5:39pm

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.~ Edgar Allen Poe

• gigi1975 09/21/2009 2:49pm

I would think it would only be the last if there is improvement in the job market. Of course paying for another extension is a concern as well.

• Cobaltblu 09/21/2009 2:53pm

Williamton, West Virginia (Associated Press):

“Noted martial-artist and action movie star Chuck Norris has voiced concern about congress extending federally-funded unemployment benefits. Norris, 57, said ‘All my life I have trained to keep my body physically fit and learn and practice martial arts. I’ve opened a free martial-arts clinic for unemployed Virginians here in Williamton and hope infuse these men and women with energy and vigor through martial-arts and they can take their new skills and go out there in the labor market and find and hunt down a job.’”

2096 in favor / 373 opposed