H.R.3548 - Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009

To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (6)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as passed senate.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as enacted.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as passed house.

• canalguyopen 09/21/2009 3:03pm

Good question below,what about those of us who ran out of benefits in like june or something and were told there are no more, do we get help as well? anyone know if it will be automatic or we will have to re-file?

• tiffany5839 09/21/2009 3:11pm

as long as your benefit year has not ended then you will get them and not have to reapply

gigi1975 09/21/2009 3:13pm

It depends on your state. We always have to reapply.

• need2knowinOHIO 09/21/2009 3:14pm

good gawd…the same ole questions over, and over…
    do some research folks…these questions have been answered 100 times in previous posts.

• marym 09/21/2009 3:20pm

Yes indeed. History repeats itself over and over here.

• marym 09/21/2009 3:24pm

I did it in a better time many years ago. I came out much stronger and wiser. Many are doing it in their own way now.

What will you find at the end of the journey?

Trailing Indicators: Out of a Job, Some Decide to Take a Hike

RUTLAND, Vt. — Unable to find steady work in a dismal Florida job market, Dan Kearns did something a lot of gainfully employed Americans can only dream of: Ditch the straight life and hike the length of the Appalachian Trail.

• need2knowinOHIO 09/21/2009 3:34pm

good read…

• johnj2010 09/21/2009 3:35pm

Alright so let me get this straight. I live in Connecticut. So not only are we not getting the 7 weeks of EB but we will not qualify for the new federal extension either??? How could this be? Can’t exceptions be made? I mean everyone in CT knows the numbers have been messed with.

This is insane.

NOT ONLY THAT THE REST OF THE STATES HAVE A 20 WEEK ADVANTAGE ON US-DID YOU HEAR PRATT & WHITNEY IS OUT OF HERE- I KNOW 4 PEOPLE WHO GOT THE AX WITHIN THE LAST WEEK!!!

marym 09/21/2009 3:42pm

So tense. There is more strength in calm.

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/21/2009 3:51pm

John, the House has 2:00 to 6:30 set aside tomorrow for “legislation.” No votes on bills until 6:30. Ways and Means committee has possibly reviewed NELP’s suggestions and that may be part of the “legislation” process before the votes. Nobody can predict the future (or I would have won the lottery by now) so we have to wait and see what happens. Seeing as how the senior member of the Senate Finance committeee is in a state that has an average of 6.6, it is also possible that if the House doesn’t amend the bill, the Senate will. I have to say that I think NELP’s tier level suggestion may be a little expensive at this point in time but I think an agreement of 13 weeks for all states is highly possible.

gollum 09/21/2009 3:53pm

here’s the bottom line your in conn. your TUR is 7.9 you have been at this level for a month and ahalf ,nothings going to change in the month and ahalf
    get over it already, scan back over the last 75 pages, you look like a broken record, you can complain for the next 75 pages, nobody here is going to be able to change that and didn’t make it what it is. I wish I could change landscape with you ! what you are considering bad numbers in your IUR and TUR
    right now is the same numbers my state when the economy is good ! and we don’t even do a third of the crying and fuss you people are putting up.

marym 09/21/2009 3:59pm

What good did you do?

gollum 09/21/2009 4:32pm

those numbers are the norm in my state when the economy is good.
    What good did you do ???? what the H@ll kind of question is that.
    you have to put it clearer then that if you want an answer

GonzoFL 09/21/2009 4:01pm

Who knows whats going on in private concerning HR3548….maybe there will be changes. All we can do right now is see what is what on Tuesday. There are what, 21 states that don’t qualify for HR3548 as it is written now? We shall see…….

• ohionoeb 09/21/2009 3:36pm

BrokeinOhio,

RE: I have not seen ohionoeb post today

I’m still here ..Just been reading over the post here ,and BITING my tongue..On some of the Subjects I have read ..But as you can see I’m am wearing my Halo.. and refraining from jumping in on subjects that are better left alone ..and only post about HR 3548 ..

marym 09/21/2009 3:39pm

Nice picture I must say.

nancym 09/21/2009 3:56pm

Wow, I’m impressed. Good on ya, ohionoeb. I’ve been lurking here occasionally too; the board’s rather busy today I would say, only have time to speed read through, for the most part. :)

• ohionoeb 09/21/2009 3:38pm

Will see you guys tomorrow ..Going to go watch a movie ..and try to keep my self busy ..

marym 09/21/2009 3:45pm

Use your time wisely. You can, you know.

• johnj2010 09/21/2009 3:43pm

A question
    Gov. Rell signed a bill along with 22 other governors asking Congress for additional help for the unemployed? do you think the Senate may change there mind & add all states.

marym 09/21/2009 3:52pm

Some of us are doing what we can about that.

gollum 09/21/2009 3:57pm

Won’t Happen !!! for Conn. its going to be wish in one hand and sh@T in the other, guess which one is going to happen first. I see you conn. hitting
    8.0 by the end of november no sooner if that !

marym 09/21/2009 4:01pm

Funny gollum.

me2unemployed 09/21/2009 4:05pm

JOHNJ,

I hope so

• marym 09/21/2009 3:47pm

So why is the one that played with me here so long ago suddenly silent?

We all need to look inside for the answers now.

• Moderated Comment