H.R.3548 - Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009

To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (6)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as passed senate.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as enacted.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as passed house.

Patriots 09/12/2009 8:42am

If you don’t want to type the full name (I already said it was a pain to type) please use NGOL as we agreed on. Nogoodone sounds bad.

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/12/2009 9:04am

LOL. NoGoodOnesLeft means many things. No good screen names left. No good politicians left. No good people left. Though for some reason the people I have met here (most of them anyway) seem to be more good than the people I have met in person lately.

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:05am

Same here :)

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:07am

I would add, be careful, but I’m sure you know that since you’ve been here a while.

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/12/2009 9:31am

Yes, I know. I remember all that Jackie and Out Of Time stuff.

• Patriots 09/12/2009 8:22am

Think about this.

If this bill, or the other is passed as it is written now, all those unemployed people in all those other states will be watching it announced on their TV and in their news papers, and not understanding the requirements of the bill will think they finally got some help, only to be told by their labor departments that it was not for their state, only for others. What will that do to all those already extremely stressed out people.

Patriots 09/12/2009 8:23am

It will say you are screwed, no help is coming for you.

Patriots 09/12/2009 8:24am

And that is half of America we are talking about.

JMatzelle57 09/12/2009 8:27am

nacy what do you think..NYS will they ever get under the 8.5

all you hear is the nyc unemplyoment keep raising.

they should just do this under extened benfits let us to our work search.

So now if something happenes with stocks even worse who knows and unemployment goes up were screwed

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:27am

Please only use “Reply” to reply directly to that particular post.

• BrokeInOhio 09/12/2009 8:26am

I am here, and will stay as long as everyone else comes over

• NoGoodOnesLeft 09/12/2009 8:46am

LOL. Funny sidebar. Only one person has voted against this bill but if you look at the User’s Tracking (also upports, etc.)
    that person supported 3404 and 6867. Maybe someone hit the wrong button by mistake.

Patriots 09/12/2009 8:52am

That reminded me to vote for this one :)

Patriots 09/12/2009 8:53am

I voted support even though it does not help us yet anyways.

• Moderated Comment

nancym 09/12/2009 9:16am

LOL! That’s EXACTLY how I feel most of the time lately!

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:21am

We need to get OC to use animated avatars :)

JMatzelle57 09/12/2009 9:26am

Nacy,

Your honest opinion if the bill is passed and everything do you think most of the big states will see the whole 13 weeks like ny and such

nancym 09/12/2009 9:28am

nancym 09/12/2009 9:29am

P.S. Do we know of ANY state for which the unemployment rate is actually getting BETTER? Or is expected to in the very near future?

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/12/2009 9:35am

Well, sioce I was looking at NY for JM this morning, they went down 0.1 last month. But, remember, the national rate went down 0.1 last month and then jumped up 0.3 this month. I think it is all a “government trying to make things look better” game anyway. I know people who have been more unemployed than employed for years and they don’t get unemployment benefits and they probably aren’t counted in the numbers.

JMatzelle57 09/12/2009 9:40am

oh didnt realize that..

so nys might be close to 8.9 around there

but not below 8.5

also say we get the 13 weeks and i claim 4 weeks and the trigger is below 8.5 in nys i will get 3 weeks and thats it for a total of 7 week but after that its over no more..thats if the bill is like that

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:39am

Me, me, I do, I have my hand raised. It is Connecticut. Just look at the numbers ;)

JMatzelle57 09/12/2009 9:33am

nacy the yes is toward me correct..lol

YOur a real big help economy is heard ill b happy with 8 weeks -10 weeks because by then ill be in local 3 in january so thats why i hope it works out..

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:36am

Firefox has spell check built in. My spelling would be bad without it :)

nancym 09/12/2009 9:49am

JMatzelle57—

I believe you’re new here, so let me point out a couple of tech things:

1) If a post is confusing about to whom it is directed, just click on the “oldest first” button at the top of the page to see the “threaded” conversations and the indented replies.

2) Only use the Reply button if you are replying directly to a particular post, otherwise for a new or general comment, scroll down to the bottom of the page and use that empty “Speak Your Mind” comment box to post your comment.

3) Sometimes it can get confusing with a lot of comments posted by everyone in a short time and as you post the “newest” can switch to “oldest” order and you need to check to see which order you are viewing.

nancym 09/12/2009 9:49am

4) Be patient when posting, sometimes it can take several seconds for your post to show up, so you don’t have to click the post button more than once, or you’ll have duplicate posts. (Exception: If your long-winded like me, some posts will be blocked if over 1000 characters, so you have to shorten or split the comment.)

I recommend “newest first” when things are moving quickly and you don’t want to miss anyone’s posts, but “oldest first” is best to sort out who is talking to whom about what.

nancym 09/12/2009 9:27am

It certainly might help break the tension with a laugh! But then this site can be slow enough as it is sometimes, animation can make it worse.

Patriots 09/12/2009 9:32am

True. I tried to break the tension with the post of that avatar link.

• Moderated Comment