H.R.3886 - Patient-Focused Critical Care Enhancement Act
To optimize the delivery of critical care medicine and expand the critical care workforce. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Patient-Focused Critical Care Enhancement Act as introduced.
- Official: To optimize the delivery of critical care medicine and expand the critical care workforce. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 1
- All-Time: 963
Official Summary10/18/2007--Introduced.Patient-Focused Critical Care Enhancement Act - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services, acting through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), to conduct research to assess: (1) the standardization of critical care protocols, intensive car
Patient-Focused Critical Care Enhancement Act - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services, acting through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), to conduct research to assess:
(1) the standardization of critical care protocols, intensive care unit layout, equipment interoperability, and medical informatics; and
(2) the impact of differences in staffing, organization, size, and structure of intensive care units on access, quality, and efficiency of care. Requires the Secretary to undertake demonstration projects to:
(1) optimize the provision of critical care services to Medicare beneficiaries through innovations in such areas as staffing and utilization of technology; and
(2) measure and evaluate outcomes derived from a "family-centered" approach to the provision of inpatient critical care services that includes direct and sustained communication and contact with the beneficiary family members, involvement of family members in the critical care decisionmaking process, and responsiveness of critical care providers to family requests. Amends the Food, Agriculture, Conservation and Trade Act of 1990 to authorize appropriations for FY2008-FY2013 for augmenting the delivery of critical care services in the rural inpatient setting through the use of telecommunications systems that allow for consultation with critical care providers not located in the rural facility regarding the care of such patients. Amends the Public Health Service Act to require the Secretary to give preference in awarding telehealth grant funds to entities to develop plans for, or to establish, such critical care telehealth networks. Requires the Secretary to undertake an initiative to recruit providers of critical care services into the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program.
...Read the Rest