H.R.3936 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014

To provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes. as introduced.

• abarnes79 02/03/2014 8:29pm

What is taking so long? My bills are not going away…I paid taxes for many years and this is what I get!! This is a sad sad country!!

• reid_lynetteC 02/04/2014 9:47am

It’s just so SHAMEFUL….Representatives voted in by the people to represent the interests of the people. Getting paid crap-loads of money (tax money) to do WHAT?! Look out for their OWN interests. If you can’t get along and compromise you all need to be FIRED!! #Shame

• hwinning 02/04/2014 3:05pm

Its time to act on this. Yes we voted you in and you need to listen to your voters. You can be voted out. People have worked hard and need this to help them get a job. I am 63 and this is the first time I have collected unemployment. So now is the time to take action on this. Please help me and others to pay there bills and buy food.

• jtred98 02/04/2014 3:21pm

It is definitely time to act. Not all people are abusing the system. It is time that congress tries to get along instead of acting like first graders while their are folks struggling to eat , to keep a roof over our heads and pay for health needs.

• Dbukolt 02/06/2014 5:38am

I am asking that you pass this bill as my family has no income due to job loss. The economy is not good so it is taking longer to find a job that you can pay your mortgage , taxes and other necessities. It’s ridiculous to think that if you don’t extend the benefits to those of us who haven’t been on longer than a year that we can take a minimum wage job and survive. Those jobs are for a teenager, second income, or slaves! Why do the three year people have to be a reason to not extend those who have not even been given a year to find a job? We need that insurance money to keep our families going while the people leading our country keep trying to figure out how to lead us out of this mess. Please pass this bill!

• felicia245 02/06/2014 4:47pm

this is some bullshit they didn’t passed the bill again you are hurting us and our families. this is a shame we vote for nothing.

• FedUp0831 02/08/2014 8:10am

THIS IS A DAMN SHAME!!!! US GOVERNMENT GET INVOLVED WITH EVERY OTHER COUNTRY’S ISSUE TO SAVE THEM FROM HUNGER, WAR AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF BUT REFUSE TO WORK TOGETHER TO SAVE THE AMERICANS RIGHT HERE UNDER THEIR NOSES, THE ONES THAT
    AT PUT THEM IN OFFICE. I GUESS IT’S REAL EASY TO TURN A BLIND EYE YOUR POCKETS KEEP GETTING FATTER AT OUR EXPENSE….THIS MAKES YOU ASHAMED TO CALLED AN AMERICAN….SMDH!!!!!

• djtoth 02/28/2014 3:47pm

Worked since I was 14 never collected unemployment, honest, play by the rules, pay taxes, vote…and now I need help and can’t get a lousy 3 months, hope you all have to job hunt soon!!!