H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

dls52174 07/20/2010 9:55am
in reply to minimoe Jul 20, 2010 9:53am

Thank you. I have it online now at the link you provided.

Abaratarrr 08/18/2010 10:57am

Colorado, looks like we will see nothing until mid to late next week

“Colorado Dept. of Labor & Employment Since the recent extension we have paid over $44 million in federal and state extended benefit payments. Programming for state extended benefits 2 is near completion and payments will begin in 5-7 business days.”

jrhill 07/07/2010 2:09am
in reply to jrhill Jul 05, 2010 9:12am

called ODJFS back yesterday on 7/6, (still unable to file online anymore) tried to use the “phone” automated system, I entered my SS and PIN and then it told me that “I am unable to file a claim without speaking with a service rep”.

After about a 20-25 minute wait it transferred me to a rep whom helped me file my claim online. It basically was a “human” question & answer version of the online filing form. He told me that he had to “override” the system manually to allow me to file my claim. But it looks like everything went through.

Now it’s just a waiting game for congress to pass some legislation…

I hope this info is helpful for others. Keep the hope and faith!!

Take care..

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:55am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 20, 2010 9:43am

Let me say again, this is the most disorganized mess I’ve ever seen. How many of these Senators would get voted off the island for this in corporate America? Look it’s social hour for the kiddies!

This system needs completely reworked. If they were half as organized as a business needs to be, they could accomplish a lot more and work 1 day a week. I could go on and on with ideas, but until the House and Senate are full of common sense Americans, there’s no use.

minimoe 07/20/2010 9:50am
in reply to dls52174 Jul 20, 2010 9:47am

We are just watching it live on CSPAN2

sniperxess 07/22/2010 6:45am

ok gotcha….thanks for fixing my confusion about all that……

Debbie119 07/20/2010 9:50am
in reply to dls52174 Jul 20, 2010 9:47am

Just stay here and someone will post yea or no when it does here in a minute or two

Debbie119 07/20/2010 9:48am

I feel like I am sitting on pins and needles

lordgotmilk 07/04/2010 12:41pm
in reply to satdog50 Jul 04, 2010 9:24am

You say ODJFS…that tells me that your are an Ohioan. Me too. I was told to file every week. It can’t be done online, so I have to call my regional center and go through the phone file process, but I’ve filed each week. They told me that if an extension of benefits is put into place, it’s the only way they can pay it retroactively. They told me that if I didn’t file each week that I’d not be eligible for the payments that I’d missed due to this.

If you’re being told otherwise in Ohio, call in to the automated system each week anyways to file. At least it covers your back.

Jess01869 07/05/2010 10:53am

But that was to start Tier 2.

dls52174 07/20/2010 9:47am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 20, 2010 9:43am

I am new here. Can you tell me how to track the vote live so I know when it passes or not? Thank you in advance.

minimoe 07/20/2010 10:13am
in reply to Debbie119 Jul 20, 2010 10:03am

No we need 60 again for the actual Senate vote.. Everything must remain the same.. Status quo

ccofbuffalo 05/21/2010 7:32am
in reply to mjr6 May 21, 2010 5:16am

not sure but i think our unemployment worrys are over i was watching the 12 news today in buffalo ny and there was a short piece saying the house and senate came to a agreement and unemployment will be extended thur dec 2010 and the bill will pass within a week yea im someone who only got 26 weeks and doesnt qualify for any extentions unless the bill was passed so im happy

minimoe 07/20/2010 9:46am

I thought they usualy had a tally of the votes on the screen?? Or is that only in the House or something?

jrhill 07/07/2010 2:17am
in reply to Zwyattw Jul 06, 2010 6:33pm

AHA! He’s not the “Senatorial Seat” replacement.. just a replacement on the Homeland Security Appropriations board… big difference

this is not the replacement we are looking for… move along, move along…

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:31am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 20, 2010 9:25am

Here it goes…..

Allana1 07/20/2010 11:38am
in reply to minimoe Jul 20, 2010 10:13am

No it was 60 Democrats to break the Republican filibuster. For regular passage it takes 51 votes which they easily have.

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:29am
in reply to Debbie119 Jul 20, 2010 8:51am

This does not add any additional tiers. It also doesn’t include the $25 extra. It does include a ton of pork barrel projects along with some amendments that were previously added to assure that the bill didn’t get passed.

jtraylor 07/20/2010 9:41am

Speaking from a family of 6 that has been solely living on my income since the begininng of June, all I have to say is payback is a bitch! I hope that all these Republicans that are voting no and still going on all of their 10 day vacations while we, the people sit here wondering how to beg and borrow to pay bills and feed our kids remember that the millions of unemployed will be voting in November too!! I wich they could live in our shoes, I would give them a week, take all their money and make them sit a watch and wait, if this doesn’t pass, my family of 6 will have to move in with my mother in law, we are one payment from loosing our house!

travling 07/20/2010 11:45am

i live in a state that has 10% unemployment but get unemployment form a state that has 6.5% unemployment. will i still be able to get my tier 1 from that state?

jrhill 07/07/2010 2:15am
in reply to Jess01869 Jul 06, 2010 4:11pm

seems strange that a NJ Sen is now a WV Sen…

very strange… owell – as long as they have the votes what does it matter at this point.

It seems that almost every law, rule, procedure and responsibility granted to the govt. under our founding principals and Constitution is being usurped at every turn by this current Administration..

very dangerous indeed..

Sad to say, but if we continue down the path that this administration and congress are leading us down, unemployment will be the LEAST of our problems…

Hang in there everybody!!

lordgotmilk 07/04/2010 2:13pm
in reply to codemoney Jul 04, 2010 1:50pm

Cause you can believe everything in the media…..

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:56am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 20, 2010 9:25am

Filibuster Broken!!!!!!

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:25am

Well, he’s sworn in.. He really looks out of place in the sea of geritol…lol. Now it’s just waiting till they decide to actually work. I think they are taking roll call now.

lordgotmilk 07/10/2010 9:30am

I have now written Voinovich for about the 10th time. I’m getting ready to look up Reid to mail him.

Debbie119 07/20/2010 9:57am

IT PASSED!

minimoe 07/20/2010 9:56am

Got 60 on the Cloture!!

lordgotmilk 07/10/2010 9:08am
in reply to Star58 Jul 10, 2010 5:40am

I could maybe see 1 or 2 flip sides on the issue during the break due to constant pressure from their constituents, we’ll have to wait and see. I could also see a larger push on compromise from the Repubs, but that will only be as strong as Reid’s willingness to hold this hostage. In the next 2 days we need to put a lot of pressure there. He’s the one that’s held this hostage to the idea of compromise.

Personally, I only need the payments I’ve missed and probably a few more to help me keep our bills paid and put gas in the van to go out and market my own business. Once I can line up a few clients, I’ll be on my own. I’ve actually found a small group of individuals in this same predicament. We are thinking about pooling our skills (a few variations in specializations) to group together as one business. We are meeting this week to discuss it. Anyways, we just need the minimal support of our unemployment long enough to get clients lined up.

jrhill 07/07/2010 2:12am
in reply to Star58 Jul 06, 2010 10:02am

it’s not.. it’s the same thing that happened back in the early 80’s. UI actually increases tax revenue while welfare sucks it dry…

keep your faith and He will see you through! confess your sin and pray and give thanks for what you have, ask Him to keep you strong, diligent and free from despair and He will deliver! Works EVERY time!!

Good to hear!! Hang in there!

Debbie119 07/20/2010 8:51am

Can anyone tell me, does this bill include extensions to take you through the 99 weeks or does it only include tiers 1 thru 4. To get the 99 weeks, it also has to include the 13 to 20 weeks of state extended benefits and no one can seem to tell me this?