H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

tmo520 06/23/2010 2:11pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 23, 2010 10:57am

you’re right – i emailed Cali’s senators – i’ve already emailed the president (back in march) and got a reply a couple of days ago. a bunch of canned BS. this is unbelievable – pass the bill……………..

Jess01869 06/23/2010 1:37pm

I read the petition some 34,500 people have signed thus far and although I don’t agree with the contents of bashing the president and don’t think Obama is solely at fault as much as previous leaders for this entire catastrophe…I encourage people to sign it that do agree with it…something like 500 more votes needed for Obama to bypass congress…supposedly.

loganstorm 06/24/2010 2:45am
in reply to wes00 Jun 24, 2010 12:45am

They keep saying the reason they don’t pass this is because the don’t want to increase the debt our children have to pay. I have two kids… if this doesn’t pass, they won’t have to worry about how to pay it back, instead, they’ll have to find a way to move out of the shelters NOT passing this has put them in.

wes00 06/24/2010 12:45am
Unemployment Insurance has been the only thing keeping me afloat throughout these difficult times, and as I sit hear and read, I see that I am not alone. The reality is that it is doubtful that this bill will pass in its entirety this week..because they are too busy worrying about how to pay for the bill instead of worrying about the lively-hoods of hundreds of thousands of unemployed Americans. However, I believe that the only way the Unemployment Insurance extension will pass..is if it is brought before the senate as a “stand-alone measure”. I also believe that this was brought up by a Republican Senator after last weeks vote and it was declined. I just want to urged the senate to put all personal agendas aside and actually think of the thousands of people that need HELP!. People are losing their homes, cars, and sanity. It really hurts me to see that a country as great as this one, that prides itself on democracy and being the voice of the people, is failing miserably at both.
MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:45am

The GOP is once again blocking a bill to let unemployed move from One Tier to the Next AND TO ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL 53 WEEKS OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FOR LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED.

loganstorm 06/16/2010 11:22am
in reply to Wormwood Jun 16, 2010 10:46am

They aren’t done voting on amendments yet (watch directtv,ch 351) so how can u say its been voted down??

kim2009 03/15/2010 4:54am

From http://progressillinois.com/quick-hits/content/2010/03/12/number-day-16 MediaMaven:
(post 1 of 3)

I recently received a message regarding this board.

I am from a DC PR agency, and while I cannot professionally endorse what you are trying to accomplish (conflict of interest purposes), I can provide you some information to help your cause.

I have read some of the great post regarding amending HR4213. I would like to advise another vehicle to get your message out there – a press release. All a press release needs is a:

Headline (center space)
Summary (goes directly under heading – center space)

(double space)

Body

Contact Info:

pkerby01 06/24/2010 11:55am
in reply to chrissy3384 Jun 24, 2010 11:15am

All we can do is take one day at time. Don’t give up!

oneofthe30millionunemployed 07/13/2010 6:08am

The Senate isn’t even talking about the extension and it’s not even on their schedule for this week. I’m starting to wonder if they are even going to pass this at all. They think everyone’s just going to disappear into a black hole and forget about it or something. Unbelievable!!!!

monday239 07/12/2010 6:38pm
in reply to sassysally50 Jul 12, 2010 1:52pm

no one replying here has received 99 weeks, guaranteed. You’re barking up the wrong tree sassy.

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:25pm
in reply to GeneralFault Jul 23, 2010 1:17pm

Edit: Sorry for the repost. I was trying to meet the character limit and kept pushing post attempts to the next page.

rachel002 06/15/2010 4:35am
in reply to MTeinert Mar 18, 2010 7:32am

I have to agree with you on your comment. I was laid off from my place of employment 8 months ago and have been sending out resumes like crazy on a daily basis. I was making way more than what I get on unemployment! Do you think I love being on unemployment? Ummmm NO! But I have to in order to survive and keep a roof over my head. These people making the harsh and untrue remarks are people that have a job but have NO IDEA hard it is for the unemployed. Unless these people have or are going through hard times like us do not need to be leaving comments unless they have “been there and done that”. We need to take a look at why employers aren’t hiring new employees? It’s becuase they cut back on all their budgets and learned to work with “less” due to the recession. Why doesn’t congress force employers to hire a certain amount of “new” employers each month. Good luck in your job search and I wish you and your family the best! :)

tybeedac 06/16/2010 9:34am

I am also one of the long term unemployed. I have two college degrees and 15 years experience in my field. Finding a job that even comes close to my old pay, is almost impossible. I have become one of the middle aged unemployable people. I have skills. I work hard. I want a job. Not only do we need longer extensions of current unemployment benefits, we need a real solution. I am tried of being poor. My husband was a general residential contractor. He hasn’t had real work for a couple of years. What I want is the government to provide small business loans with stimulus monies to people like us, so we can create or buy our own small business,hopefully end our joblessness. With the loss of income over the last few years, our good credit is gone. With a car repossessed, and we have many unpaid bills. Our credit score is in the toilet and through normal routes, we can never get any money to start a business. We are worth the risk, and we don’t want to live like we have anymore.

ladias 06/17/2010 12:32pm

I made minimum wage as a waitress and loved my job. But when my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 brain, and lung cancer, I quit to take care of her. When she passed away I started receiving unemployment benefits. I have been searching for a job for a year and six months now, and still nothing. The unemployment I receive gets me buy month to month, and without it I don’t know what I am going to do. I believe congress should make a decision now!!! Help us already!!

Unemployed1 06/19/2010 5:59pm

They are worried about the money to fund this bill and some parts of the bill should not pass. The unemployment extension should be on a seperate bill. If they are worried about funding unemployment bennefits, what will the do when people have to line up at the welfare office because they lost their unemployment? I am sure that none of us want that, none of us want welfare. We were eligbel for unemployment because we had our weeks in and the job market still sucks. Pass the bill, cant they seperate the unemployment part of the bill and then work on the rest? They need to stop worrying about who looks better in the end. Pass the damn bill already!

satdog 07/12/2010 4:57pm
in reply to sassysally50 Jul 12, 2010 1:52pm

Politicians knows the job issue in this country there are too many exhausting benefits. Too many people out of work that need a lifleine. Get a Bill for Tiers 5 , 6 and extend it for one additional year and stop the games it is absolutely needed why are you continuing to do this. Democratics lead and get it done! Politicians spend money on other things without question why is it that this is an issue! Washington time is running out and patients by ALL Unemployed. There are not enough fulltime jobs to support Millions out of work.

MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:43am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

Read it for yourself: at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/25/senate-begins-game-of-chi_n_513620.html

I hope the GOP knows that they’re doing. FINALLY, I hope the GOP knows that there are many of their own constituents out of work. They really need to get over themselves with this crap!

Post this story about the GOP anywhere you can. On any forum you visit and pass it along to your friends and family so they can in turn pass it along. The country needs to know what the GOP stands for and that’s “NOTHING.”

pkerby01 06/25/2010 6:43am
in reply to Alant Jun 25, 2010 6:01am

Wonderfully spoken! I and many others (I’m sure)applaud you for your comments!

Alant 06/25/2010 7:41am

Hitler had 6 million Jews killed
3 Million Americans died in Civil War
5.7 Million Americans died in Korean War
8.7 Million Americans died in the Viet. War
16 Million Americans died in World War 2

May 2010 Labor reports 15 Million Americans are unemployed
June 24 2010 US Senate refuses to pass Ext. of unemployment causing Americans to go homeless and hungry ……….Congats Senate, you may have just caused the second highest death rate in history! I don’t think thats what our forefathers had in mind with making America number 1

BenjaWiz 07/25/2010 9:57am

More money being spent and yet again more debt at this rate we will be taxed even more say 60% I’m pissed.

sniperxess 07/26/2010 6:42pm

whats weird is that here in NC…..ever since my benefits ran out the end of June…I have not been able to file my weekly certification……told me my benefits had been exhausted every time i tried. Well last night i tried it for the hell of it and it let me do it like normal as if i was doing it to get my money…. So i dont know whats up.

Jess01869 07/26/2010 7:26pm

Texas where I live, apparently doesn’t pay retro pay and benefits til August 4h…that makes 2 months without a check. I’m confused because I got cut off as Tier 1 ended for me and was waiting on the bill to pass to get to Tier 2 but I can make a new claim July 31st. I’ve been making my payment requests bi weekly since June 5th so I don’t know what’s going on as far as expecting backpay. so confusing!!

PHoneycutt 06/10/2010 5:03pm
in reply to ProducerJoe Jun 06, 2010 2:05pm

Nothing is EVER said about the BILLIONS that we are giving to AFGHANISTAN – trying to convert them to DEMOCRACY – when that won’t EVER HAPPEN – BECAUSE IT IS A RELIGIOUS WAR. As soon as we leave, if we ever leave – remember Haliburton/Chency is involved – just like Haliburton/Cheney/BP is involved in the Gulf – things will go back just the way they were. They will be “blowing up” each other AGAIN!!!!! We don’t have any business being in Afghanistan. Would we allow them to come into our country and do what we are doing in their country? The leader of Afghanistan is having meetings with the Taliban and we are giving them BILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, now we can “Pay as you Go” the Unemployment Benefits that are so desperately needed in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Allana1 07/27/2010 4:30am
in reply to CsHroCKs Jul 23, 2010 3:04am

I don’t know where you are but there is help available. I know nobody likes public housing but that is an available housing option and Catholic charities and such will help. You need to get to your local Department of Human Services. Also tell them about your mental state because you are in a severe state of despair if not clinically depressed. Call 211 that is usually the number for United Way. Don’t give up!

michaeldf 06/25/2010 10:08am
in reply to carterpc Jun 25, 2010 9:19am

Exactly what I have posted for a week…I am also in California and am disgusted with the present situation. My point with Senator Snowe is she is seeing through the BS and made it clear that they all have an agenda and its not supporting the unemployed. People of the great state of Maine should be proud of her stand and effort on this issue even though she voted ney. Im my opinion reid and mcconnell both should be strung up, this is not a party issue this is about a helping hand to the taxpayers of this once great nation.

Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 10:12am
in reply to ridinghero1990 Jun 25, 2010 9:56am

the republicans put forth another standalone unemployment bill yesterday, Reid will not allow the senate to vote on the bill, it will pass if Reid will allow a vote, all the democrats and most of the republicans are for helping the unemployed it is specifically Reid the democratic leader that will not allow a vote on a stand alone unemployment extension, he plaid the same games in 2008.

PHoneycutt 06/10/2010 4:56pm
in reply to vmo1969 May 23, 2010 11:10am

I agree. Washington, DC, wants the numbers to go down. I’m sure they have a panel working on how they can achieve this even though there are still just as many people Unemployed.

If a person is Unemployed – just because they run out of weeks – if they are still looking for a job – they should still be counted.

But, it will “trickle up” – when taxes aren’t being paid – then Washington, DC, will have to start laying off Congressmen, Senators, etc. They won’t be getting those big paychecks and perks. They really do forget that they work for us.

PORBOUY 06/09/2010 2:27pm

I too have been watching the proceedings on C-span at the Senate. Can they please just help us americans out who can`t locate work and stop stuffing in pork projects. We need this done now -99 weekers are not the only ones losing benefits -in fact most of them are gone now. New people are losing jobs daily and millions are exhausting their weeks or tiers without being able to find work. They`ll be plenty more to follow in the future besides the people who are getting cut off now from their tiers. 20 +% of America unemployed and employers asking for PHDs to fill bagger jobs at the store for minimum wages. If your not out there you don`t know how bad it is and count your lucky stars -please help us -we are losing homes/cars/and medicals for our families! Please help fellow americans now!! PASS 4213 NOW!!

PHoneycutt 06/10/2010 4:58pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jun 04, 2010 9:52am

They are “massaging” the numbers:))) And, we all know what that means, don’t we.

ca23 06/10/2010 7:09pm

Its going to come down to which Republican Senators will vote with us. These are the 4 repulicans who voted yes on our last extension. Lets direct our fax/call/email and ask them to extend benefits and add and extension for Tier 4 whose benefits have ended. Lets target them also. Its all going to come down to this. Lets do this!

-Scott Brown