H.R.4384 - Energy For Our Future Act
To improve the energy efficiency of the United States. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Energy For Our Future Act as introduced.
- Official: To improve the energy efficiency of the United States. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 1
- All-Time: 434
Official SummaryEnergy For Our Future Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, relating to alternative motor vehicle credit, to: (1) repeal the limitation on the number of new qualified hybrid and advanced lean-burn technology vehicles eligible for the credit; and (2) allow a composite energy effici
Official SummaryEnergy For Our Future Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, relating to alternative motor vehicle credit, to:
(1) repeal the limitation on the number of new qualified hybrid and advanced lean-burn technology vehicles eligible for the credit; and
(2) allow a composite energy efficient motor vehicle manufacturing tax credit consisting of an initial investment credit, a fuel economy achievement credit, and an eligible components research and development credit. Instructs the Secretary of Transportation to:
(1) designate transit-oriented development corridors in urban areas; and
(2) award grants to a state or local governments to construct or improve transit facilities, bicycle transportation facilities, and pedestrian walkways in such a corridor. Amends federal transportation law to prescribe phased increases in automobile fuel economy standards. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to subject sports utility vehicles (SUVs) to the limitation on the depreciation of certain luxury automobiles. Instructs the Secretary of Transportation to implement a national passenger car and light truck tire efficiency program. Amends the Energy Conservation and Production Act to double the appropriations authorized for weatherization assistance. Authorizes appropriations for the Energy Star program. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to extend the credit for:
(1) renewable electricity production; and
(2) residential energy efficient property. Amends the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to prescribe:
(1) efficiency resource standards for retail electricity and natural gas suppliers;
(2) federal renewable portfolio standards; and
(3) a revised standard for net metering. Amends the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to repeal requirements for:
(1) oil and gas royalties in-kind;
(2) marginal property production incentives;
(3) incentives for natural gas production from deep wells in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico;
(4) royalty relief for deep water production;
(5) comprehensive inventory of OCS oil and natural gas resources;
(6) ultra-deepwater and unconventional natural gas and other petroleum resources; and
(7) specified tax incentives. Repeals the Alaska Offshore Royalty suspension. Amends the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to declare certain preemptions of state law inapplicable to state regulation of energy consumption or water use during a specified time period. Amends the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 to restore the former procedure for appeals from consistency determinations revised by the Energy Policy Act of 2005. Amends the Federal Power Act to repeal provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005 governing the siting of interstate electric transmission facilities. Amends the Natural Gas Act to repeal the authority of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission under the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to coordinate federal permits and other authorizations and compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969. Amends federal transportation law to repeal the preemption of state law relating to automobile fuel economy standards.
...Read the Rest