H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• USCITIZEN10 03/19/2010 8:18am

HOPE THIS BILL HELP ALL THE PEOPLE WICH 4TH EXTENSIONS WILL END ON 4/1/10 AND CAN KEEP DOING THEIR LIVES NORMALLY UNTIL THEY GET A JOB.

• Spam Comment

Drunkin 04/14/2010 5:24pm

I was supposed to close tomorrow the 15th, and for this exact reason I cannot. Seeing my dreams of owning a home tangled with the mess that is this bill makes me sad and frustrated. Maybe next week…

Thank you Dems for trying to destroy my dreams. I look forward to participating in your removal this November.

thecoinbox 04/16/2010 3:31pm

Can’t say I’m overly pleased with the outcome of this bill. My Tier IV ran out 2 weeks ago. I don’t hold the government responsible to keep a roof over my head and sending checks coming until I get back to work but it sure would help.

God help those who follow me.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:00am

The exact thing happened to me – two weeks ago.
    If I had known, maybe I could have done something different.

the truth is, we were told congress had an extension for us….

we were told this bill made unemployment payable up to 99 weeks!

I am 10 weeks shy of that.

The American people think we got that extension.
    Besides, when you worked, you PAID for this insurance. It came out of your check. Your employer paid for it too!

shelby881 04/19/2010 7:23am

FYI Floridians on umemployment this IS the end for all of us on Tier 4 there is no Tier 5. I called umemployment today and Tier 4 is the end which includes me. God Bless us all who have used up all of Tier 4 and still have not found jobs. Great, wonderful, Grand. I’m glad the new bill has helped those in need but it didn’t help us who have used up our Tier 4 and still have no job.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:02am

Shelby….reapply online. I did.
    I may not get benefits, but at least they will know we still don’t have work.

It only took five minutes. I live in Florida too.

Go to “continue benefits”.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:57am

OK EVERYONE. WE CANNOT SIT QUIETLY AND WATCH WHAT WE WORKED SO HARD FOR GO DOWN THE TOILET.

THE FACT IS, THE WHITE HOUSE MUST HAVE GIVEN THE PRESS INFO ABOUT THE SIGNING OF THIS BILL. I BELIEVE EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE THOUGHT THEY WERE SIGNING ANOTHER, TYPICAL EXTENSION.

ACCORDING TO EVERY NEWS PROGRAM AND NEWS ARTICLE, THIS BILL WAS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT.

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS LIE KNOWN!!!!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

AT THE VERY LEAST, SEND AN EMAIL TO NEWS SOURCES THAT ACTUALLY MIGHT REPORT THIS FARCE.

HERE ARE SOME EMAIL ADDRESSES. LETS FLOOD THEIR BOXES WITH THE STORIES YOU HAVE TYPED HERE!

KELLY@FOXNEWS.COM

oreilly@foxnews.com

THEN FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HERE ON OPEN CONGRESS AND CONTACT THEM.
    THE GOVERNMENT IS WASTING MONEY ON RIDICULOUS PET PROJECTS LIKE BIKE TRAILS AND SUCH.

THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BILL CONTAINS THE DOC FIX FROM THE HC BILL!!!!
    LET IT BE DOWN. SHOUT FROM TE RAFTERS! WE WERE LIED TO!

• dartcanyon 03/19/2010 9:05am

This will help those who still have Tiers left but it does nothing for those of us who have run out of Tier 4. Bill 4213 is the same. Unless a bill is introduced that specifically adds Tiers for the remainder of the year then the rest of us are doomed. There isn’t even any talk about another Tier. Washington is too damn busy BSing people about the healthcare bill that will do nothing to ensure good/better care for Seniors and on debating and spending money on a bill called Potty Parity which gives an equal amount of bathrooms for everybody who works in Federal buildings throughout the US. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and they have the nerve to say unemployment is down and the economy is better. They must really think we are a bunch of dumb nitwits.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:16pm

THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BILL CONTAINS THE DOC FIX FROM THE HC BILL!!!!
    LET IT BE KNOWN. SHOUT FROM TE RAFTERS! WE WERE LIED TO!

It is not just for me, it is for all of you who OBVIOUSLY have worked your whole adult life.

Don’t just sit there and accept this, write your representative…now!

sbrawsm 04/21/2010 4:42pm

Why do people with tiers left need help>??

That just does not make any sense.

What am I missing here?

I keep reading that this only helps people who still have benefits coming.
    That doesn’t make ANY sense!

So why did I hear on CNN and Fox that this bill was for all the people who recently “exhausted all tiers of unemployment”"

Why did I hear benefits would be given up to 99 weeks?

Where did all of that come from?

Surely two news channels did not make the exact same mistake!
    What did they do, just make up that 99 week provision?

I am VERY angry because the DOC Fix is in the bill.
    So the dems were sneaky, not including the doc fix in the health care bill (where it belongs).

They are more concerned about hiding the spending they lied about when they lied about the cost of the HC bill.

If we don’t make this known, everyone will assume we got extensions. The unemployment rate will APPEAR to go down.

AnnetteNuck1 04/22/2010 4:41am

Dartcanyon,
    The teir thing is a bit confusing. I lost benefits once teir II ran out because of the extension date I did not meet. The extension date has now been moved )VIA HR4851)therefore I am now qualified to collect the final tier in VA teir III. I was made aware this morning that VA has approved people who have exhausted teir II to move into Teir III and that monetary decisions are being mailed out today. Thats all I know at this point. I have a job interview on Friday. This will be my third in 14 months. Pray for me…car needs brakes, kids need summer clothing, never mind the everyday expenses..I feel for people that are worst off than me and I will be praying and wishing good things for all of you…..

colleengard 04/22/2010 6:25pm

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR INTERVIEW, AND ALL WHO DESIRE WORK ARE IN MY PRAYERS! I HOPE AFTER ALL THE RESUMES I SEND OUT I TOO WILL SOON HAVE A INTERVIEW SOON.NO JOBS HERE IN PHILADELPHIA AND I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE AND I AM A CERTIFIED BILLIIND AND CODING SPECIALIST,PLEASE GOD HELP US ALL!

• dartcanyon 03/20/2010 11:10am

There is a “DEEM and Pass” procedure in the Senate/House that alloows a bill to be passed without an up/down vote. Why don’t they use this to add Tiers to unemployment benefits. Neither 4851 nor 4213 will add Tiers so after Tier 4 we are done….down and out for the count.

• dartcanyon 03/22/2010 7:28am

Now that Washington has screwed millions with their health bill when are they going to work on “Helping” the long term unemployed by adding more Tiers for the remainder of 2010? LOL. Everyone has to have health insurance now so what happens when we are still unemployed because of Washington and we can’t afford to buy health insurance?? You will be fined for not having it. Does not make sense but then again it is all a political ploy in an election year. Let’s see how much longer they make us suffer while they play their political games.

USCITIZEN10 03/24/2010 2:11pm

YES, BUT IN THE MEANTIME,WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET MONEY TO PAY OUR MORTGAGES, RENT,BUY FOOD,UTILITIES,CARS, AUTO INSURANCE,ETC,ETC AMONG OF OTHERS THINGS?
    THEY SAY THAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE MONEY OR WORK TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE,YOU HAVE TO APPLY TO MEDICAID…..JA,JA,JA, THEY DON’T EVEN WANTS TO GIVE US A MEDICAL BECAUSE YOU ARE A SINGLE PERSON WITH NO KIDS, OR YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE BUT NOW YOU ARE DIVORCE SO YOU DON’T QUALIFY FOR THAT.IS THE CONGRESS THINKING HOW TO PROTECT AMERICANS? OR HOW TO F…..THEM ALL?

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:03am

Makes no sense at all.

Please reapply for benefits so we will be counted!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:18pm

I am in the same boat.
    Typing here will not do anything, but you can type your representative.

Better yet, lets contact the media…the media who may expose this lie!

I HEARD SEVERAL TIMES ON CNN THAT THIS BILL IS FOR PEOPLE WHO “EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT”.

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS LIE KNOWN!!!!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

KELLY@FOXNEWS.COM

oreilly@foxnews.com

PLEASE DON’T JUST ACCEPT THIS.

• AnnetteNuck1 03/25/2010 4:39am

Thank you Mr. President. I really appreciate the fact that 12 days after you were elected I got laid off. Thank you for placing a Health Care Bill before extension of my unemployment. My children will be estatic when our lights are turned off. After having the same job and providing my own Health Care for my family for eight years I really appreciate the fact that due to others failings I find myself on food stamps and have 800 in unemployment to look forward to. Thank you for deciding for me that Health Care is so much more important than housing my children. Thank you republicans for not giving up. I don’t need to be controlled by the Dumbocrats. What I need is to get back to work. I did not vote for you Mr. President because I was afraid of your lack of experience. I can see that I was right. You want to send more money to Haiti. I understand that there are over 400,000 homeless there. Do you sir understand that that number will double here without the extension?

dartcanyon 03/25/2010 7:47am

Anyone watching the news this morning should have seen the report on the fact that Obama is going to ask for 1 TRILLION dollars for Haiti. Now that is laughable!! Why not ask for that money for Real Americans who need it because Washington coat us our jobs. If Washington can come up with that money, and they will, where the hell does that come from but they say there is no money to add Tiers to help the long term unemployed?? People are rising up against the healthcare nonsense and if they think all of us will sit back and let them kick us under the bus much longer they better think again. There is NO discussion at all about added Tiers. I have searched every government site and none of them are working on anything for us but let a foreign country come along and need and boom…..they have their wishes granted. I am appalled more every day by what I see this government doing to the common people.

USCITIZEN10 03/26/2010 11:43am

I’M 100% WITH YOU. WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND THE CONGRESS STILL DON’T SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT. THE GOOD EXAMPLE STARTS AT HOME, NOT THAT WE DON’T WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN NEED,BUT OBAMA SHOULD START FIRST WITH THE AMERICANS THAT WE ARE SUFFERING FROM THE LACK OF JOBS IN AMERICA.IF WE DON’T GET THE 5TH TIER,IMAGINE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL START GETTING PROBLEMS WITH PAYING OF THEIR RENT, OR MORTGAGES,PAYING THEIR CARS, INSURANCE, BUY FOOD,MEDICINE,ETC,ETC…..THENTHE ECONOMIC CRISIS WILL ENCREASE,SO IS TIME THAT THE GOVERMENT TAKE ACTION.

dartcanyon 03/28/2010 3:03pm

Now they’ve reduced the amount to Haiti or so they say. Good ole media with their BS but even if it is a dollar that is too much to send anywhere as long as America is in such horrible shape.

thyckmadame 04/16/2010 10:26am

How can you possible blame the President for losing your job, when wasn’t even in office two weeks before it happened. Are you really blaming him for something I am sure that your previous employer had in the works months before. Come on and as messed up as the economy was before he took office, did you really think that he had a magic wand and could erase it what it took another administration 8 YEARS to mess up. Oh yeah I forgot, he is Jesus and he has that kind of power, come on. And yes I am one of the unemployed individuals are hoping simply for an extension on the unemployment, but even I know that at some point and time, it to must come to an end. And why wouldn’t a universal health plan be great. Apparently you dont have a job right now and need health insurance. What you should be thanking the Republicans for (and the Democrats) is for allowing our country to get into this situation in the first place. But of course, its all his fault right?

AnnetteNuck1 04/16/2010 11:29am

I dont soley President but listen here. When you pass a bill for healthcare that forces you to join or be fined its unconstitutional. Let me educate you on the fact that the Healthcare bill will not go into affect till his term ends. Isn’t that interesting? Additionally, he has placed such an Healthcare Bill ahead of the shape of the unemployed. Now lets get to the core. A real leader doesn’t cry “boo hoo this was a mess when I got it so don’t look at me to fix it”. The truth my dear is there has been a deficit for this country well before we were born. Another goodie, he bailed out banks, car manufactures & Haiti but was not smart enough to have built in a clause to the banks that they must begin to finance loans for infra structure “probably over your head” so that developers who were awarded Stimulas funds can access monies to place the very people that the banks put out of work. Your right he is no Jesus.

sbrawsm 04/21/2010 4:45pm

I lame the dems for putting the DOC FIX in the UNEMPLOYMENT BILL!!!
    Why is it in the unemployment bill????

Because they want
    to hide the fact that the HC law is not fiscally responsible.

They are spending $18 Billion on this bill and I was told by my unemployment office that no money was given for benefits.

It went for the flood insurance and it went for the Doc Fix.

AnnetteNuck1 04/16/2010 11:34am

Frankly he is one of the biggiest and best bullshitter I have ever had the pleasure to hear speak.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:49am

I am so sick of Dems blaming the economic crisis on Bush.
    The truth is, the Dems were in power in the house and senate MOST of the Bush years.

The same cronies that are making our laws now were making them then.
    They just did not have a far-left president to help push bills into laws.

jmax929 04/21/2010 7:14am

I agree with you thyckmadame. Everything was messed up when the president took over. It had been messed up for 8yrs. He is trying,and everything takes time. I am unemployed and I have exhausted Tier 3. I live in Texas,and according to statistics our unemployment rate is 8.2%,so we are not at 8.5%,which would allow us to recieve Tier 4. However,that does not help me…I feel that they need to something else.

MrsDee 04/17/2010 11:00am

AnnetteNuck1 – you need to do a little reseach and see it was the republicans, namely that idiot from Oklahoma holding this up and last time it was held up was by a republican also. you got laid off because that’s life not because a president you obviously do not support was put into office.

Abaratarrr 04/17/2010 5:05pm

Actualy Coburn(“that idiot from Oklahoma”" never held up anything rid never brought the bill up for a unanimous concent vote so coburn never got the opportunity to block it, also the week they left for easter, twice in the senate the democrats blocked deadline extenions for the unemployed and once they came to an agreement in the senate on a bill pelosi blocked the unemployment extension in the house. A vote had been scheduled to pass this extension on the saterday a week before easter but reid and every democrat voted to go on vacation while all 39 republicans voted to continue working through saterday so the unemployment bill could be completed, The democrats blocked the passage of that bill on at least four occasions so they could make the republicans look bad because one threatened to vote against it.