H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

sbrawsm 04/19/2010 12:05am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 19, 2010 12:02am

I meant 99 WEEKS, not days.
I better be getting it because I will be screwed otherwise.
They keep coming up with these job-killing new laws and policies.

MrsDee 04/19/2010 5:44am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Apr 18, 2010 7:33am

Honey I’m informed…Coburn did block it. You are lucky you are near retirement, most of us will never be able to afford to retire.

shelby881 04/19/2010 7:23am
in reply to USCITIZEN10 Mar 19, 2010 8:18am

FYI Floridians on umemployment this IS the end for all of us on Tier 4 there is no Tier 5. I called umemployment today and Tier 4 is the end which includes me. God Bless us all who have used up all of Tier 4 and still have not found jobs. Great, wonderful, Grand. I’m glad the new bill has helped those in need but it didn’t help us who have used up our Tier 4 and still have no job.

lpmichalski 04/19/2010 8:31am

Why do we have to lose EVERYTHING for something that isnt our fault. Other countries get millions of dollars from us, but the Americans, we the people who worked hard for many many years have to sit and watch our dreams get taken away.

I have contacted the president, my states representatives, signed the petition

We need help! So HELP US!

MadPenguin 04/19/2010 12:08pm

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!..http://www.slate.com/id/2250999/?yahoo=y
it’s an article all about how much better EX-President Bush’s,(the one who got us all in this awful mess)home state of Texas,is doing in it’s economy than ANY and EVERY OTHER state in the country,..COINCIDENCE???….I THINK NOT!!!

USCITIZEN10 04/19/2010 4:24pm
in reply to lpmichalski Apr 19, 2010 8:31am

YES, I’M ALSO CONFUSED AND THE FUC….EDD DIDN’T UPDATE THE WEB PAGE AND ALSO THEY DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE. I SENT AN EMAIL TO THEM AND IS GOING TOBE A MONTH AND THEY DIDN’T REPLY TO ME, AND THEN THEY SAY THAT EMAIL IS THE FASTER WAY TO COMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE.

USCITIZEN10 04/19/2010 4:30pm
in reply to TCBlackcat Apr 17, 2010 12:59am

I GUESS DOESN’T INCLUDE THE LONG TERM OR 99ERS. WE ARE OUT!!!!!!

Abaratarrr 04/19/2010 7:46pm
in reply to MrsDee Apr 19, 2010 5:44am

Really, what was the date that coburn blocked the bill? A vote would have to have been scheduled first. He never blocked it, he threatened to, but never got the chance because reid never scheduled a unanimous consent vote. Never scheduled a vote period until it was to late.

Abaratarrr 04/19/2010 7:50pm
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 19, 2010 12:06am

No, this bill simply extends the deadline to sign up for the existing tiers of benefits, There are no additional weeks of benefits for those that have used up the 73-99 weeks of current benefits.

purplelilac3084 04/20/2010 5:30am

I am for extending unemployment since the government is not passing bills to create jobs! Every jobs bill they pass relates to unions, not the person who is looking desperately to find a job!
What really makes me angry about this bill is that it has flood insurance, doctor payments, backpay for federal highway workers! Why should they get backpay? Shouldn’t they be collecting unemployment like the average american has to? These democrats are wasting our money, and don’t even blink an eye as to spend, spend, spend! 17 Billion dollars of stimulus so far, has been pork projects that are absolutely ridiculous! Senator Schumer of NY has been on television saying WE DO NOT care about pork! Well, he is definately wrong, and I will NOT vote for any democrat come November. I am sick and tired of the Socialist agenda that is destroying our FREEDOM and country!

Spam Comment

Lynette1015 04/20/2010 8:16am

Whoopie!!!! They passed the bill but there is no money to go along with it,,,, how much loonger do we have to wait to get our tiers paid? Hell they are soo worried about the Health Care Bill problems that by the time we get paid for being unemployed we will have to pay the Goverment for fines for not paying for our Health Care. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!!! I need funds for a 4th tier so I can continue to LIVE… Wake up Washington and help the people who need it NOW>>>>>>>>>

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:49am
in reply to thyckmadame Apr 16, 2010 10:26am

I am so sick of Dems blaming the economic crisis on Bush.
The truth is, the Dems were in power in the house and senate MOST of the Bush years.

The same cronies that are making our laws now were making them then.
They just did not have a far-left president to help push bills into laws.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:00am
in reply to thecoinbox Apr 16, 2010 3:31pm

The exact thing happened to me – two weeks ago.
If I had known, maybe I could have done something different.

the truth is, we were told congress had an extension for us….

we were told this bill made unemployment payable up to 99 weeks!

I am 10 weeks shy of that.

The American people think we got that extension.
Besides, when you worked, you PAID for this insurance. It came out of your check. Your employer paid for it too!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:45am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

I am in the same boat as everyone here. It sure sounded like we would be getting an extension if you listened to the news or read the newspapers.
This was a HUGE LIE!

I went online a re-applied for benefits. Everyone here…please do the same.
The unemployment percentage is going to drop. Unless we make a lot of noise, the employed Americans will think we got that extension!

Please re-apply….everyone.
WHen I did, they told me to claim my weeks on 5/3.

Just DO IT

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:57am
in reply to USCITIZEN10 Mar 19, 2010 8:18am

OK EVERYONE. WE CANNOT SIT QUIETLY AND WATCH WHAT WE WORKED SO HARD FOR GO DOWN THE TOILET.

THE FACT IS, THE WHITE HOUSE MUST HAVE GIVEN THE PRESS INFO ABOUT THE SIGNING OF THIS BILL. I BELIEVE EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE THOUGHT THEY WERE SIGNING ANOTHER, TYPICAL EXTENSION.

ACCORDING TO EVERY NEWS PROGRAM AND NEWS ARTICLE, THIS BILL WAS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT.

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS LIE KNOWN!!!!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

AT THE VERY LEAST, SEND AN EMAIL TO NEWS SOURCES THAT ACTUALLY MIGHT REPORT THIS FARCE.

HERE ARE SOME EMAIL ADDRESSES. LETS FLOOD THEIR BOXES WITH THE STORIES YOU HAVE TYPED HERE!

KELLY@FOXNEWS.COM

oreilly@foxnews.com

THEN FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HERE ON OPEN CONGRESS AND CONTACT THEM.
THE GOVERNMENT IS WASTING MONEY ON RIDICULOUS PET PROJECTS LIKE BIKE TRAILS AND SUCH.

THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BILL CONTAINS THE DOC FIX FROM THE HC BILL!!!!
LET IT BE DOWN. SHOUT FROM TE RAFTERS! WE WERE LIED TO!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:02am
in reply to shelby881 Apr 19, 2010 7:23am

Shelby….reapply online. I did.
I may not get benefits, but at least they will know we still don’t have work.

It only took five minutes. I live in Florida too.

Go to “continue benefits”.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:03am
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 22, 2010 7:28am

Makes no sense at all.

Please reapply for benefits so we will be counted!

dartcanyon 03/19/2010 9:05am

This will help those who still have Tiers left but it does nothing for those of us who have run out of Tier 4. Bill 4213 is the same. Unless a bill is introduced that specifically adds Tiers for the remainder of the year then the rest of us are doomed. There isn’t even any talk about another Tier. Washington is too damn busy BSing people about the healthcare bill that will do nothing to ensure good/better care for Seniors and on debating and spending money on a bill called Potty Parity which gives an equal amount of bathrooms for everybody who works in Federal buildings throughout the US. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and they have the nerve to say unemployment is down and the economy is better. They must really think we are a bunch of dumb nitwits.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:18pm
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 20, 2010 10:03am

I am in the same boat.
Typing here will not do anything, but you can type your representative.

Better yet, lets contact the media…the media who may expose this lie!

I HEARD SEVERAL TIMES ON CNN THAT THIS BILL IS FOR PEOPLE WHO “EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT”.

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS LIE KNOWN!!!!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

KELLY@FOXNEWS.COM

oreilly@foxnews.com

PLEASE DON’T JUST ACCEPT THIS.

AnnetteNuck1 04/18/2010 7:33am
in reply to Abaratarrr Apr 17, 2010 5:05pm

Thank you Abaratarr for clearing things up for MrsDee. She obviously is not informed. And you MrsDee, FYI my project would have taken me into retirement if the president during his bailout to the banks would have had lending stimpulations to work hand in hand with the very worthless Infra Structure Stimulas Packages he put together. If he would have 100’s of thousands of people in the Building and Land Development industry would be back to work. And no I did not vote for the inexperienced public servant.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:20pm
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

Annette
Your post here moved me to tears and then anger.
I hope you do not mind if I use this to contact my representative and the media.
I think they need to hear this from someone like you.

AnnetteNuck1 04/21/2010 4:55am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 20, 2010 12:20pm

sbrasm,
Feel free to utilize my posts. I have e-mailed my representative without even as much as a comfirmation return e-mail in response. My State Employment Commission (VA) hasn’t even posted anytype of information on Federal Extension 4851. I have been told by them to wait…they would send me a letter in the mail. Meanwhile, project hold ups stager the development & building industry. Forclosure rates continue to soar. I continue to look for work not only in my field but out.

Abaratarrr 04/17/2010 5:05pm
in reply to MrsDee Apr 17, 2010 11:00am

Actualy Coburn(“that idiot from Oklahoma”" never held up anything rid never brought the bill up for a unanimous concent vote so coburn never got the opportunity to block it, also the week they left for easter, twice in the senate the democrats blocked deadline extenions for the unemployed and once they came to an agreement in the senate on a bill pelosi blocked the unemployment extension in the house. A vote had been scheduled to pass this extension on the saterday a week before easter but reid and every democrat voted to go on vacation while all 39 republicans voted to continue working through saterday so the unemployment bill could be completed, The democrats blocked the passage of that bill on at least four occasions so they could make the republicans look bad because one threatened to vote against it.

jmax929 04/21/2010 7:14am
in reply to thyckmadame Apr 16, 2010 10:26am

I agree with you thyckmadame. Everything was messed up when the president took over. It had been messed up for 8yrs. He is trying,and everything takes time. I am unemployed and I have exhausted Tier 3. I live in Texas,and according to statistics our unemployment rate is 8.2%,so we are not at 8.5%,which would allow us to recieve Tier 4. However,that does not help me…I feel that they need to something else.

dant 04/21/2010 4:14pm
Tier v people, Remember NELP. They have been silent and invisible on TIER V as each day week month goes by where we cant pay our rent buy groceries pay basic bills lose our houses our hope our dignity. When i went to the UNEMPLOYED FRIENDS websight and posted my thoughts on NELP I was immediately banned from the sight? WTF with unemployed friends like that who needs enemies? Tier V people do you notice that we seem to be coming up with our own ideas- march on washington petitions calling and emailing president press congress? We are fighting this alone from square one when an organization has all the tools and options and contacts with press and Washington like NELP. This is wrong. I get the impression that NELP thinks we should have found a job by now When jobs have never been more scarce!!!
dant 04/21/2010 4:27pm
Keep calling and emailing the president and congress and the press!!! Fight the good fight do not go gently into that good night. Feel free to post my letter anywhere you think it might help. post it to unemployed friends and see what happens!!!! Dear Congress, Has your staff told you or showed you the thousands upon thousands of calls and letters in regards to TIER V UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSIONS for the 2 million who have used 99 weeks and need a lifeline emergency extension? All house and senate are getting them in volume. Democrats and republicans. But the silence on TIER V is amazing!!! It seems to be falling upon deaf ears in congress!! A march on Washington is being planned now. Lives are in the balance on this!!! These Americans by no fault of their own Cannot find work after nearly two years!!! We are in an economic depression not seen since the 1930’s.
dant 04/21/2010 4:29pm
An economic tsunami is coming to every shore in America soon. Economist will call it a double dip recession That was unexpected. I will call it a part 2 depression. The jobs that were added in March were federal census jobs that last only a few weeks so please for your own credibility do not play that card. This economic crisis was caused by the republicans and some democrats as well. Also the banks wall street and the rich are to blame. Then they were to big to fail and we bailed then out insteads of the working class and unemployed! shame shame shame. Please inform your fellow congressmen on both sides this TIER V greater than 99 weeks unemployment extension issue WILL cost them the election. Not health care not the rest. This TIER V will. do you have hearts?. Pay for this anyway you have to but pass it now. PLease wake your friends in WAshington. This is the worst job market in history!!!!!
sbrawsm 04/21/2010 4:42pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 19, 2010 9:05am

Why do people with tiers left need help>??

That just does not make any sense.

What am I missing here?

I keep reading that this only helps people who still have benefits coming.
That doesn’t make ANY sense!

So why did I hear on CNN and Fox that this bill was for all the people who recently “exhausted all tiers of unemployment”"

Why did I hear benefits would be given up to 99 weeks?

Where did all of that come from?

Surely two news channels did not make the exact same mistake!
What did they do, just make up that 99 week provision?

I am VERY angry because the DOC Fix is in the bill.
So the dems were sneaky, not including the doc fix in the health care bill (where it belongs).

They are more concerned about hiding the spending they lied about when they lied about the cost of the HC bill.

If we don’t make this known, everyone will assume we got extensions. The unemployment rate will APPEAR to go down.

sbrawsm 04/21/2010 4:45pm
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Apr 16, 2010 11:29am

I lame the dems for putting the DOC FIX in the UNEMPLOYMENT BILL!!!
Why is it in the unemployment bill????

Because they want
to hide the fact that the HC law is not fiscally responsible.

They are spending $18 Billion on this bill and I was told by my unemployment office that no money was given for benefits.

It went for the flood insurance and it went for the Doc Fix.