H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

dartcanyon 03/25/2010 7:47am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

Anyone watching the news this morning should have seen the report on the fact that Obama is going to ask for 1 TRILLION dollars for Haiti. Now that is laughable!! Why not ask for that money for Real Americans who need it because Washington coat us our jobs. If Washington can come up with that money, and they will, where the hell does that come from but they say there is no money to add Tiers to help the long term unemployed?? People are rising up against the healthcare nonsense and if they think all of us will sit back and let them kick us under the bus much longer they better think again. There is NO discussion at all about added Tiers. I have searched every government site and none of them are working on anything for us but let a foreign country come along and need and boom…..they have their wishes granted. I am appalled more every day by what I see this government doing to the common people.

AnnetteNuck1 03/25/2010 4:45am

Additionally sir, your stimulus for infra structure is a joke. You cant touch the stimulus money until after you finance the infra structure for the project. The banks are not lending therefore your stimulus money sits not doing anyone any good. How are busines suppose to put u back to work if th banks dont finance the beginning of the project. Gee, I thought as smart as you are there would have been a stipulation to these bank bail outs to cooperate with your stimulus plan monies. Guess you are not as intelligent as you thought huh? Get real sir. Your descisions are driving people like me who use to have a nice home and decent life into poverty. You suck.

AnnetteNuck1 03/25/2010 4:39am

Thank you Mr. President. I really appreciate the fact that 12 days after you were elected I got laid off. Thank you for placing a Health Care Bill before extension of my unemployment. My children will be estatic when our lights are turned off. After having the same job and providing my own Health Care for my family for eight years I really appreciate the fact that due to others failings I find myself on food stamps and have 800 in unemployment to look forward to. Thank you for deciding for me that Health Care is so much more important than housing my children. Thank you republicans for not giving up. I don’t need to be controlled by the Dumbocrats. What I need is to get back to work. I did not vote for you Mr. President because I was afraid of your lack of experience. I can see that I was right. You want to send more money to Haiti. I understand that there are over 400,000 homeless there. Do you sir understand that that number will double here without the extension?

USCITIZEN10 03/24/2010 2:11pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 22, 2010 7:28am

YES, BUT IN THE MEANTIME,WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET MONEY TO PAY OUR MORTGAGES, RENT,BUY FOOD,UTILITIES,CARS, AUTO INSURANCE,ETC,ETC AMONG OF OTHERS THINGS?
THEY SAY THAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE MONEY OR WORK TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE,YOU HAVE TO APPLY TO MEDICAID…..JA,JA,JA, THEY DON’T EVEN WANTS TO GIVE US A MEDICAL BECAUSE YOU ARE A SINGLE PERSON WITH NO KIDS, OR YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE BUT NOW YOU ARE DIVORCE SO YOU DON’T QUALIFY FOR THAT.IS THE CONGRESS THINKING HOW TO PROTECT AMERICANS? OR HOW TO F…..THEM ALL?

dartcanyon 03/22/2010 7:28am

Now that Washington has screwed millions with their health bill when are they going to work on “Helping” the long term unemployed by adding more Tiers for the remainder of 2010? LOL. Everyone has to have health insurance now so what happens when we are still unemployed because of Washington and we can’t afford to buy health insurance?? You will be fined for not having it. Does not make sense but then again it is all a political ploy in an election year. Let’s see how much longer they make us suffer while they play their political games.

dartcanyon 03/20/2010 11:10am

There is a “DEEM and Pass” procedure in the Senate/House that alloows a bill to be passed without an up/down vote. Why don’t they use this to add Tiers to unemployment benefits. Neither 4851 nor 4213 will add Tiers so after Tier 4 we are done….down and out for the count.

dartcanyon 03/19/2010 9:05am

This will help those who still have Tiers left but it does nothing for those of us who have run out of Tier 4. Bill 4213 is the same. Unless a bill is introduced that specifically adds Tiers for the remainder of the year then the rest of us are doomed. There isn’t even any talk about another Tier. Washington is too damn busy BSing people about the healthcare bill that will do nothing to ensure good/better care for Seniors and on debating and spending money on a bill called Potty Parity which gives an equal amount of bathrooms for everybody who works in Federal buildings throughout the US. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and they have the nerve to say unemployment is down and the economy is better. They must really think we are a bunch of dumb nitwits.

USCITIZEN10 03/19/2010 8:18am

HOPE THIS BILL HELP ALL THE PEOPLE WICH 4TH EXTENSIONS WILL END ON 4/1/10 AND CAN KEEP DOING THEIR LIVES NORMALLY UNTIL THEY GET A JOB.