H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

pongobongo 06/21/2010 7:30am

We can help the Haitians but can’t help our own. If this bill does not get passed, the senators who voted against it should be thrown out of office. It is obvious they have no idea what it is like out here. NO JOBS!!!!! Can they offer to assist us in finding jobs. If there are jobs out there…where are they? Can they let me know. I am a licensed plumber from Massachusetts. Can’t find a job anywhere. Even trying to find a job in my old trade that doesn’t pay as well…a machinist. NO JOBS there either. If they do not pass this bill soon more people are going to be losing their homes. I hope I will not be one of them. WAKE UP SENATORS. WE VOTED YOU IN. WE CAN VOTE YOU OUT!!!

TCBlackcat 05/26/2010 11:02pm
in reply to cheralike66 May 25, 2010 6:42pm

FL -I can’t agree with you enough. While looking for work, I was called for an interview, but they only wanted a bi-lingual person. It’s starting to look like it is more important to learn a foreign language than to get a higher education. I guess French will be next. Where do we go from here?

cheralike66 05/25/2010 6:42pm

I was born in this country, pay taxes in this country, my father served this country, I read and write English, and I can’t find a job, WHY? Because I am not Bilingual. I see jobs posted online ALL the time in my profession that I should be able to apply for though I CAN’T in today’s world I do not speak Spanish. What happen to this country!! Our jobs are outsourced to those that can barely speak English!!! WHY? Because of GREED! Wake up folks you can’t take the monies to your grave… I am Tired of not working, I am tired of being broke; I can’t find full time work. HELP HARD WORKING AMERICANS UNTIL WE CAN FIND FULL TIME WORK.
The solution to getting unemployed Americans back to work is to create jobs.

Dear politicians you do not care about the middleclass unemployed Americans! Who lost their jobs during this recession and need help to survive.

TCBlackcat 05/20/2010 9:53pm

FL -Bah Humbug! Yes, another misleading attempt to get our hopes up for the long-term unemployed. Only EB available for those who’s benefits have not expired. This makes me so tired, while watching tons of money being spent for everything under the sun, while the long-term unemployed are again left behind. And now I hear that Congress is again on vacation. Enjoy! We are not lazy, we are actively seeking work opportunities, and are legitimately eligible for these benefits. What’s wrong with this picture? Finally had to file for food stamps and Medicaid.

TCBlackcat 05/17/2010 4:58pm

FL -May 17 2010 (Thank You Governor Crist, Congress and President Obama)

TALLAHASSEE – Governor Charlie Crist today signed Senate Bill (SB) 1736, extending eligibility dates for the Extended Benefits (EB) program. The EB program provides unemployment compensation to job seekers who have exhausted all other available benefits and meet all requirements. Governor Crist announced that the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation will begin accepting EB applications at its Web site www.floridajobs.org, on Wednesday, May 19, 2010.

TCBlackcat 05/12/2010 2:45am

Florida -FYI

Contact:

GOVERNOR’S PRESS OFFICE
(850) 488-5394

MEMORANDUM

TO: Interested Media
FROM: Sterling Ivey, Governor’s Press Secretary
RE: Governor Crist’s Bill Actions Today, May 11, 2010

Governor Charlie Crist received the following bills today, May 11, 2010:

CS/CS SB 1736 Unemployment Compensation
SB 2284 Legislature

The Governor has until May 26, 2010, to act on these bills.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Governor Crist’s press office at (850) 488-5394.

Illinois101 05/10/2010 3:52am

To everyone who is fighting for additional weeks/Tier 5, please call Congress today and ask if they will be adding additional weeks to HR 4213 (the bill that extends the filing dates until the end of the year).

TCBlackcat 05/05/2010 8:06pm
in reply to ssari30 May 05, 2010 11:51am

Keep in mind that this may be for selected states that approve for EB benefit extension. Seems as though the Governor has yet to sign the bill.

ssari30 05/05/2010 11:51am

FYI TCBlackcat, what site did you get your info from?? I live in Maryland and my benefits ended back in January 2010. I have looked all over the internet and found nothing that pretains to what you are stating. Can you please elabrate more…. Thank You!

TCBlackcat 05/01/2010 2:47am

FL -FYI for those that don’t know ……. new UC website posting that EB payment opportunity just approved by Senate for payments thru June 5th, and waiting for final approval to be signed. Need to check UC website for details and they say to view often for updates. This one will provide money for those that have exhausted everything, depending on when your EUC expired, as well as for others. I was surprised to see it based on what has been going on nationwide with all the delays. This may be limited to individual states; don’t know because it’s all so new. Praying that I fall within the benefit deadline of the EUC. Blessings to you all for ongoing benefits so that we can survive and get re-employed!

spamom 04/28/2010 7:13pm

Does anyone have an indication when the dates will be pushed back further for tier extensions? If not soon, I’m screwed too. My current Tier 1 expires June 5th:(

CSIII 04/23/2010 5:49am

There is a bill in the Ways and Means Committee. HR4707 would extend the unemployment benefits until the end of the year. This would be Tier 5.

This bill only makes the Tiers, up to Tier 4 available for those whose time would have run out. If you exhausted Tier 3 (or Tier 4 if you state had very high unemployment), then this bill isn’t for you. You should look at HR4707.

colleengard 04/22/2010 6:34pm
in reply to dant Apr 21, 2010 4:27pm

I AGREE KEEP CALLING, WRITING, SENDING EMAILS, ETC, TO ALL YOUR REPRESENATIVES AND SENATORS DAILY I HAVE BEEN, TOGETHER WE ARE ALL ONE LOUD VOICE THAT DESERVES TO BE HEARD, WE NEED A HELPING HELP, WE PAID INTO THE UNEMPLOYMENT FOR YEARS, AND YEARS WE NEED A TIER 5 AND NOT JUST FOR A MONTH OR TWO DOES THE PHRASE “BROTHER CAN YOU SPARE A DIME” SOUND FAMILIAR AND SCARY!

colleengard 04/22/2010 6:25pm
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Apr 22, 2010 4:41am

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR INTERVIEW, AND ALL WHO DESIRE WORK ARE IN MY PRAYERS! I HOPE AFTER ALL THE RESUMES I SEND OUT I TOO WILL SOON HAVE A INTERVIEW SOON.NO JOBS HERE IN PHILADELPHIA AND I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE AND I AM A CERTIFIED BILLIIND AND CODING SPECIALIST,PLEASE GOD HELP US ALL!

AnnetteNuck1 04/22/2010 4:41am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 21, 2010 4:42pm

Dartcanyon,
The teir thing is a bit confusing. I lost benefits once teir II ran out because of the extension date I did not meet. The extension date has now been moved )VIA HR4851)therefore I am now qualified to collect the final tier in VA teir III. I was made aware this morning that VA has approved people who have exhausted teir II to move into Teir III and that monetary decisions are being mailed out today. Thats all I know at this point. I have a job interview on Friday. This will be my third in 14 months. Pray for me…car needs brakes, kids need summer clothing, never mind the everyday expenses..I feel for people that are worst off than me and I will be praying and wishing good things for all of you…..

sbrawsm 04/21/2010 4:45pm
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Apr 16, 2010 11:29am

I lame the dems for putting the DOC FIX in the UNEMPLOYMENT BILL!!!
Why is it in the unemployment bill????

Because they want
to hide the fact that the HC law is not fiscally responsible.

They are spending $18 Billion on this bill and I was told by my unemployment office that no money was given for benefits.

It went for the flood insurance and it went for the Doc Fix.

sbrawsm 04/21/2010 4:42pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 19, 2010 9:05am

Why do people with tiers left need help>??

That just does not make any sense.

What am I missing here?

I keep reading that this only helps people who still have benefits coming.
That doesn’t make ANY sense!

So why did I hear on CNN and Fox that this bill was for all the people who recently “exhausted all tiers of unemployment”"

Why did I hear benefits would be given up to 99 weeks?

Where did all of that come from?

Surely two news channels did not make the exact same mistake!
What did they do, just make up that 99 week provision?

I am VERY angry because the DOC Fix is in the bill.
So the dems were sneaky, not including the doc fix in the health care bill (where it belongs).

They are more concerned about hiding the spending they lied about when they lied about the cost of the HC bill.

If we don’t make this known, everyone will assume we got extensions. The unemployment rate will APPEAR to go down.

dant 04/21/2010 4:29pm
An economic tsunami is coming to every shore in America soon. Economist will call it a double dip recession That was unexpected. I will call it a part 2 depression. The jobs that were added in March were federal census jobs that last only a few weeks so please for your own credibility do not play that card. This economic crisis was caused by the republicans and some democrats as well. Also the banks wall street and the rich are to blame. Then they were to big to fail and we bailed then out insteads of the working class and unemployed! shame shame shame. Please inform your fellow congressmen on both sides this TIER V greater than 99 weeks unemployment extension issue WILL cost them the election. Not health care not the rest. This TIER V will. do you have hearts?. Pay for this anyway you have to but pass it now. PLease wake your friends in WAshington. This is the worst job market in history!!!!!
dant 04/21/2010 4:27pm
Keep calling and emailing the president and congress and the press!!! Fight the good fight do not go gently into that good night. Feel free to post my letter anywhere you think it might help. post it to unemployed friends and see what happens!!!! Dear Congress, Has your staff told you or showed you the thousands upon thousands of calls and letters in regards to TIER V UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSIONS for the 2 million who have used 99 weeks and need a lifeline emergency extension? All house and senate are getting them in volume. Democrats and republicans. But the silence on TIER V is amazing!!! It seems to be falling upon deaf ears in congress!! A march on Washington is being planned now. Lives are in the balance on this!!! These Americans by no fault of their own Cannot find work after nearly two years!!! We are in an economic depression not seen since the 1930’s.
dant 04/21/2010 4:14pm
Tier v people, Remember NELP. They have been silent and invisible on TIER V as each day week month goes by where we cant pay our rent buy groceries pay basic bills lose our houses our hope our dignity. When i went to the UNEMPLOYED FRIENDS websight and posted my thoughts on NELP I was immediately banned from the sight? WTF with unemployed friends like that who needs enemies? Tier V people do you notice that we seem to be coming up with our own ideas- march on washington petitions calling and emailing president press congress? We are fighting this alone from square one when an organization has all the tools and options and contacts with press and Washington like NELP. This is wrong. I get the impression that NELP thinks we should have found a job by now When jobs have never been more scarce!!!
jmax929 04/21/2010 7:14am
in reply to thyckmadame Apr 16, 2010 10:26am

I agree with you thyckmadame. Everything was messed up when the president took over. It had been messed up for 8yrs. He is trying,and everything takes time. I am unemployed and I have exhausted Tier 3. I live in Texas,and according to statistics our unemployment rate is 8.2%,so we are not at 8.5%,which would allow us to recieve Tier 4. However,that does not help me…I feel that they need to something else.

AnnetteNuck1 04/21/2010 4:55am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 20, 2010 12:20pm

sbrasm,
Feel free to utilize my posts. I have e-mailed my representative without even as much as a comfirmation return e-mail in response. My State Employment Commission (VA) hasn’t even posted anytype of information on Federal Extension 4851. I have been told by them to wait…they would send me a letter in the mail. Meanwhile, project hold ups stager the development & building industry. Forclosure rates continue to soar. I continue to look for work not only in my field but out.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:20pm
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

Annette
Your post here moved me to tears and then anger.
I hope you do not mind if I use this to contact my representative and the media.
I think they need to hear this from someone like you.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:18pm
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 20, 2010 10:03am

I am in the same boat.
Typing here will not do anything, but you can type your representative.

Better yet, lets contact the media…the media who may expose this lie!

I HEARD SEVERAL TIMES ON CNN THAT THIS BILL IS FOR PEOPLE WHO “EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT”.

THE FACT IS, THE WHITE HOUSE MUST HAVE GIVEN THE PRESS INFO ABOUT THE SIGNING OF THIS BILL. I BELIEVE EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE THOUGHT THEY WERE SIGNING ANOTHER, TYPICAL EXTENSION.

ACCORDING TO EVERY NEWS PROGRAM AND NEWS ARTICLE, THIS BILL WAS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT.

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS LIE KNOWN!!!!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

AT THE VERY LEAST, SEND AN EMAIL TO NEWS SOURCES THAT ACTUALLY MIGHT REPORT THIS FARCE.

HERE ARE SOME EMAIL ADDRESSES. LETS FLOOD THEIR BOXES WITH THE STORIES YOU HAVE TYPED HERE!

KELLY@FOXNEWS.COM

oreilly@foxnews.com

PLEASE DON’T JUST ACCEPT THIS.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:16pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 19, 2010 9:05am

THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BILL CONTAINS THE DOC FIX FROM THE HC BILL!!!!
LET IT BE KNOWN. SHOUT FROM TE RAFTERS! WE WERE LIED TO!

It is not just for me, it is for all of you who OBVIOUSLY have worked your whole adult life.

Don’t just sit there and accept this, write your representative…now!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:03am
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 22, 2010 7:28am

Makes no sense at all.

Please reapply for benefits so we will be counted!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:02am
in reply to shelby881 Apr 19, 2010 7:23am

Shelby….reapply online. I did.
I may not get benefits, but at least they will know we still don’t have work.

It only took five minutes. I live in Florida too.

Go to “continue benefits”.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 10:00am
in reply to thecoinbox Apr 16, 2010 3:31pm

The exact thing happened to me – two weeks ago.
If I had known, maybe I could have done something different.

the truth is, we were told congress had an extension for us….

we were told this bill made unemployment payable up to 99 weeks!

I am 10 weeks shy of that.

The American people think we got that extension.
Besides, when you worked, you PAID for this insurance. It came out of your check. Your employer paid for it too!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:57am
in reply to USCITIZEN10 Mar 19, 2010 8:18am

OK EVERYONE. WE CANNOT SIT QUIETLY AND WATCH WHAT WE WORKED SO HARD FOR GO DOWN THE TOILET.

WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS LIE KNOWN!!!!

CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES.

KELLY@FOXNEWS.COM

oreilly@foxnews.com

THEN FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HERE ON OPEN CONGRESS AND CONTACT THEM.
THE GOVERNMENT IS WASTING MONEY ON RIDICULOUS PET PROJECTS LIKE BIKE TRAILS AND SUCH.

THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BILL CONTAINS THE DOC FIX FROM THE HC BILL!!!!
LET IT BE DOWN. SHOUT FROM TE RAFTERS! WE WERE LIED TO!

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:49am
in reply to thyckmadame Apr 16, 2010 10:26am

I am so sick of Dems blaming the economic crisis on Bush.
The truth is, the Dems were in power in the house and senate MOST of the Bush years.

The same cronies that are making our laws now were making them then.
They just did not have a far-left president to help push bills into laws.