H.R.4853 - Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the funding and expenditure authority of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, to amend title 49, United States Code, to extend authorizations for the airport improvement program, and for other purposes. view all titles (9)

• Short: Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Surface Transportation Extension Modification Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the funding and expenditure authority of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, to amend title 49, United States Code, to extend authorizations for the airport improvement program, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Surface Transportation Extension Modification Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2010, Part III as passed senate.
  • Popular: Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 as enacted.

• canalguyopen 12/10/2010 5:32am

Without including additional weeks for the 99ers this bill is worthless.

satdog50 12/13/2010 1:31pm

It is an absolute shame that millions and millions under this economy for months now have exhausted all their lifeline and the politicians are say they are included as unemployed. This is a lie: this bill includes the new about to run out of benefits. The economy for the unemployed has not gotten better this is false or we would not need this so called stimulus Bill. Where is the help for the totally exhausted 99ers, 79ers etc. They have mislead people for months assuming they were being helped and only the new was provided a lifeline. Now they want tax breaks for the wealthy and other items for them. This is wrong unless we help my friends who can not even afford to feed themselves and the other exhausted no deal on tax breaks for rich. Ened of story!

lramirez1963 12/17/2010 3:56pm

I agree with you! I am a 99er who has applied to 3000 jobs, was recently told by a democrat that the doors of opportunity (jobs) are closed for me until I join the party, and was even threatened in 2004 that I would go too jail if I did not join the party. I went to jail within hours of refusal for a wrongful conviction with 100 false witnesses. I am a nonpartisan who votes 90% democrat for 30 years now, 9% for republicans, and 1% all other. I voted for Obama, Jerry Brown, Boxer, Fienstein, Capps in their last runs. I am a honor student in a Masters program, homeless, and have no access to non-profits, one-stop, EDD,and social services. Can no longer afford to eat everyday. I will never vote again. California sucks! I can finish my education overseas. Yesterday proves I will always be kept out of the system more than illegal aliens who can get everything I am denied. The pursuit of happiness is impossible to achieve in the US. I will move to Europe to looking for the real melting pot.

lramirez1963 12/17/2010 3:56pm

lramirez1963 12/17/2010 3:56pm

satdog50 12/13/2010 1:37pm

This bill this time should include the totally exhausted with the new unemployed additional 13 months. This is wrong to hide the truth about the unemployed it has been going on for months shoveling this under a bus to think it will go away. If the president and his democrats are true to the unemployed they will not go home until this is in the Bill for ALL UNEMPLOYED not just the new unemployed or about to run out! They have lied on this Bill making it look like they really want to help ALL Unemployed but it is only for a few!

satdog50 12/14/2010 4:35am

It is a shame that they bring a tax bill just to help a few of unemployed that just got on the system and not ALL Unemployed 79er’s , 99er’s , exhausted etc. They have been doing this for months now. They know there is problem of living jobs but they are playing politics on the UNEMPLOYED. If they cared they would implement ALL Unemployed in the TAX HR. 4853 Bill. They should be a shamed of themselves. They should not vote on this until these people are in with the new about to exhaust their benefits. The congress should stay and not have reccess or else. Holding this over the heads of the ALL Unemployed is dirty. They have introduced this Bill HR 4853 as if it is helping ALL Unemployed and it only helps the new that is soon to run out! If these people could find work why do we have a Bill for jobs? Stop the games these people need help!

jmax929 12/17/2010 6:58am

I agree satdog50. I keep hearing terminology on the news about the Longterm Unemployed,but this bill does not apply to us. I have exhausted my benefits.This bill does absolutely nothing for me and millions of others. Thanks for nothing.

• BenjaWiz 12/10/2010 3:34pm

Exactly NO DEAL! Unless 99er’s are included kill the bill no more social wealth programs for wealthy.

• Abaratarrr 12/12/2010 9:03am

This bill does nothing for the long term unemployed, Obama LIED, this is simply a deadline extension that allows the newly unemployed to receive the current unemployment benefits.

Please contact your representatives and ask that a fifth tier of unemployment benefits be added, tell them that all unemployed people that lost their jobs due to no fault of their own need help.

Ask that senate bill 3706 (adds 20 weeks of benefots for the long term unemployed) be added to the tax cut bill.

• codemoney 12/13/2010 5:52am

Here are the realities as I see them:
    1) No kind of unemployment tiers will pass without the tax cuts for the rich.
    2) If this passes, there will be no more tiers added.
    3) If this doesn’t pass, there will be no more unemployment for anyone. Congress will ajourn and the next Congress won’t give a squat about anyone.

• RubberBoots 12/13/2010 6:27am

17 out of 29 support this bill yet only 4 comments on this subject.

• Abaratarrr 12/13/2010 8:33am

Contact Nancy Pelosi today (202) 225-4965 more benefits for the long term unemployed is entirely up to her at this point

• 321 12/14/2010 6:19am

If anyone here is a 99ers, we need to flood the House not the Senate with e-mails to add more weeks of benefits. The House is looking for ways to add to this bill!!! We need to get our Reps in the HOUSE to join Jackson-Lee with her fight to add more weeks for us. The house is the only and last chance we have. The Senate is not going to do anything. E-mail your reps TODAY it may go to the House Tomarrow!!!!!

grant3719 12/16/2010 4:19am

I’m a 99’er, I don’t want another DAM unemployment check! I want a DAM JOB. I’ve been out of work for 3 years 2 months. I don’t need a handout. I need to go to work. I got a degree sence I got laid off, that has’nt helped.
    Taxes for the rich have to be lowered, Money must be made avalable to new business, and the dam Government has to get the F@#K out the DAM way, let Americans do what we do, Make Shit, Grow Shit and Sell Shit.

• coolsilver 12/15/2010 7:45am

I oppose this amended bill. I agree with extending the tax cuts to help the economy and families. However, I do not feel unemployment should be extended past the current limits.

Many states, including my own, have been borrowing from the federal government to continue unemployment. Unemployment is funded through business taxes. As these benefits are extended the amount a business must pay increases over time. This money currently being paid, once expired can be used for new jobs, development of new products which can bring jobs to the unemployed.

I feel it is necessary to drive businesses into new jobs by giving them the extra resources to pay for these jobs. As jobs were cut businesses have become more efficient as well. Efficient businesses adding new employees can also gain far more with the new drive and focus the previous job cuts inspired.

How is this bill going to “drive businesses into new jobs”? Has this worked before? Since these tax cuts have existed all along during the creation of this recession, how is continuing it going to get us OUT of it???

Clue: It’s not!

This is simply more Republican/Democrat corporate boot licking which will drive more and more dollars and jobs OUT of the U.S. Economy, overseas.

Abaratarrr 12/15/2010 2:02pm

the unemployment extension in this bill is not paid for by state unemployment funds they are paid for entirely buy the federal government.

This bill also does not extend unemployment benefots it just extends the deadline so that recently unemployed people can recieve the current unemplyment benefits. this bill does not add any additional weeks.

dls52174 12/16/2010 5:03am

Why should some get 99 weeks & others not? I have searched for a job every day since I was laid off in January 2010I have been continuously employed for 23 years. I support my family, own a home, don’t have credit cards, don’t spend foolishly, & have always paid my bills. My unemployment ran out this past Friday. I received less than half the 99 weeks that some have received. I am in an area that has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. What do you propose I do until I find a job? Please be assured, I’m not enjoying collecting unemployment, but I have earned the right to do so. I would much rather have a job & health insurance for my family. Your solution is to not allow millions to receive equal benefits? Is cutting taxes going to help me if I have no income to be taxed & no $$ to spend? I have gone through my savings. I have $100 left & 3-4 days worth of food left. I’ve applied for ALL jobs (PT/FT, min. wage) & I’m a college grad currently pursuing my Masters.

• Kickthebumsout 12/15/2010 7:49am

so how is this repuk bill gonna balance the budget. hold on too your cigs. and booze..you can trade them for stuff when the dollar goes down the tubes

• This bill is Brave New World double-speak: “Middle Class Tax Relief Act”! Ha!
    What it’s really about is helping the super rich stay super rich and ship more money and jobs out of our country, while systematically destroying the middle class!

With 5 million 99ers already without jobs nor income this economy will grind to a halt, but with millions more added in 2011 as more and more unemployed fall off the UI rolls without being able to find a job in this emergency of job shortages, we’ll end up with 7-10 million in abject poverty who were formerly middle class.

This is the systematic destruction of the middle class! They should change the name of this bill to “Middle Class Destruction Bill of 2010”.

UnemployedWorkersActionGroup 12/15/2010 8:49am

We middle class are at war, fighting for our lives. 99ers are being abandoned for a purpose: tinyurl.com/2vque8j

satdog50 12/15/2010 11:21am

We abandoned the long term exhausted that ALL could not find work but the new about to run out we extend UI. It is absolutly wrong to extend unemployment to a few unemployed in an economy such as this one with high unemployment numbers. ALL unemployed watever you call them 99er’s , 79er’s exhausted etc. should get a lifeline until the normal unemployed numbers come back. Stop the games by the people employed, elected officials, media calling them lazy etc. No wonder we are a weak country we can not think for ourselves or have enough decentcy to help the less fortunate. This Bill does NOT need to provide more money to the wealthy etc. Where’s the good living jobs? Stop the Bill and do something right for Christmas for these people!

• Abaratarrr 12/17/2010 9:22am

Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi could have given us a tier 5 at anytime, they still could if they wanted to, all they have to do is attach a 3706 to the continuing resolution or the defense bill, it would guarantee passage, they refuse to help us.

Thia is the only president and only congress in US history not to extend unemployment when the unemployment rate has been at 7.2% or higher.

We are suffering more and longer under worse conditions than anytime in US history, This administration and leadership has the WORST RECORD IN US HISTORY when it comes to helping the unemployed.

why didn’t they attach a tier five to the tax cuts, it is mind boggling.

• Abaratarrr 12/17/2010 9:46pm

“Before extended benefits expired on Nov. 30, just 24 states and Washington D.C. offered the full 99 weeks. Six states offered benefits for 93 weeks, five had them for 86 weeks, nine allowed 73 weeks, and five states were at 60. Mississippi was alone in offering 79 weeks.”

• Lori99er 12/18/2010 11:44am

We the 99ers have been abandoned, the long term unemployed who have exhausted all our benefits and still cannot find work! It is absolutley wrong to not provide an additional Tier 5 in an economy such as this one with high unemployment numbers. We have to certify our job seeking efforts – we are NOT sitting on our butts collecting the big $$$ and watching tv! So offensive! We are growing in number daily, and maybe when the economy “feels” our lack of contributing to it, and our adding to the number of foreclosures because we’re unable to keep our homes, and our adding to the number of bankruptcies because we can’t afford medical insurance or paying our bills, MAYBE then we’ll be recognized. We need help NOW Congress!!!! You get to go home and enjoy your holidays, but we can’t provide a simple holiday for our families – you are clueless.

• BenjaWiz 12/22/2010 11:55pm

Everyone needs to start looking for a job instead of a hand out stop complaining we’re lucky we got anything at all..

• BenjaWiz 12/22/2010 11:57pm

The Governments job is not to provide long term unemployment until you think you’ve found the job you like stop being picky take whatever is out there I have damn.

• shockwave 12/23/2010 10:40am

I am getting sick and tired of hearing “You people need to shut up and get a job!” No, you shut up! We are looking for work but there is one minor problem, there is 15 to 20 people for one job. Even flipping burgers, its the same damn thing. So tell me, how is a 20 hour a week minimum wage burger joint job going to pay the monthly $1,100 bills? It is easy to sit back and chastise us 99’ers when you are making six figures a year or something close to it. I still want to know how giving the breaks to the filthy rich will solve the damn problem. Create jobs you idiots! Not more tax cuts for the wealthy. Stop outsourcing our jobs to other countries. Tariff the crap out of goods brought back here from overseas. We want to work! Not live on a lousy fixed income and scraping by. I’m currently in college to earn a degree in computer networking. So stop calling us lazy bums wanting handouts. I extend my middle finger to those that do.

• shockwave 12/23/2010 10:45am

In addition to my last post, the prices for gasoline continue to rise in spite of high unemployment so people can not put gas in their cars to even try to find work. The utility companies continue to jack their prices up as well. How about stopping that shit? Hey why not kick people when they are down and gauge them out of their last pennies right? Tax cuts for the wealthy so they can continue the gauging.