H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 11:10am

Smoking is bad for you bud ;)

postime 02/27/2011 11:13am

But I didn’t inhale….☺

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 11:19am

I bet :)

What brings you to this side of the pond?

postime 02/27/2011 11:42am

Rumor had it the water was crisp and clean…:)

That and I was wondering what all the fuss was about..

I’m trying to find something…..I’ll get back to ya if I track it down..Got some news too….I’ll share that later in the alternate universe…..☺

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 1:10pm

Sorry…but the waters are too polluted there now to be enjoyable.

99Survivor 02/27/2011 1:56pm

Ditto on that. Why do you think I havent been posting there. You have a dense, misguided person fanning the flames, over yonder.

where 02/27/2011 1:59pm

Vote this up if Sher1 is the problem here on OC

Sher1 02/27/2011 2:32pm

Nice try but no go! You folks are just making my Oscar night more entertaining! Hope you enjoy The Onion Network Video! LOL LOL.

• Sher1 02/27/2011 10:44am

This is about a MOVEMENT happening now! Join the fight for the rights of ALL Americans including the unemployed and the 99ers. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/33797

• Sher1 02/27/2011 10:46am

@Legion1; “YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED” Oh thank-you thank-you thank-you, I will stay clear of that person! LOL LOL.

• Sher1 02/27/2011 10:55am

Rand Paul and other new Republicans are not presenting a reformed Republican image, they’re reselling & repackaging the old one. http://mensnewsdaily.com/2011/02/27/rand-paul-is-a-rino/

• WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 11:06am

I have about had it with a certain person here that posted many slanderous comments on multiple sites claiming that many people posting here, and in other places are all me with different IP’s.

It is time to end this now.

I will flag my own post so it gets read by the admins here.

I offer to give my home phone number to Open Congress to call me to verify who I am and where I live. I will be doing the same with Admins of other sites too.

I suggest anyone else who wants to prove they are not me, after being accused of it by this person, do the same.

Send me an email with a published OC email account and I will send my phone number.

• Legion1 02/27/2011 11:41am

postime: If the unions get broke we are all toast.

That may be what’s really needed to wake up the deadheads that vote GOTP republicans into office to do the bidding of the mega-corporations.

President Dwight Eisenhower, a Republican, uttered these words on November 8, 1954:

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.

The “tiny” splinter group is no more. This warning was not heeded, instead, it was embraced and has today, become the SOP of the GOTP and the mega-corporations.

postime 02/27/2011 12:06pm

It’s entirely possible you’ve made a valid point. Personally I’m of the opinion a lot of folks really didn’t understand who and what they voted for…..The world wasn’t fixed fast enough for ‘em……But they’re about to find out that’s for sure….:)

postime 02/27/2011 12:53pm

Quick Salad Bar on the sublect……

President Ike also warned us of the military industrial complex…..That didn’t sink in either…….Just sayin’…..

Legion1 02/27/2011 8:20pm

I know and did you mean “sidebar”? lol

• Sher1 02/27/2011 11:43am

MMMMMM Can’t stand the heat then get OUT of the kitchen before you start a fire.

Sher1 02/27/2011 11:46am

P.S. Don’t worry pete, promise will be kept!

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 11:57am

He posted some ridiculous false verbiage on OC early this AM

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 11:58am

That is what you posted about me on Washington Watch today.

WHERE IS IT!

I was not even online!

Sher1 02/27/2011 12:11pm

@Patriots AND now YOU know how it feels to be accused of something, gets the blood boiling doesn’t it! You don’t scare me or intimidate me so continue with your silly games because its good for a laugh. Thank-you! You can have YOUR OC. LOL LOL!

• Sher1 02/27/2011 11:44am

Humor at its best from “The Onion Network” and its not far from the truth either. ENJOY!!!!

“Congress Forgets How To Pass A Law”

• Sher1 02/27/2011 11:52am
    Gov Walker asked to leave a local restaurant. http://mymindstain.blogspot.com/2011/02/scott-walker-asked-to-leave-local.html
  • Sher1 02/27/2011 11:57am

Chop em off at the knees! “Bill cutting unemployment benefits to 20 weeks advances” http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/careers/ask-marcia/sfl-unemployment-benefits-bill-adances,0,1010822.story

• Sher1 02/27/2011 11:59am

Florida reducing UI benefits and soon OTHER states will follow suit is that legislation passes. Watch out America!!!

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 12:02pm

“He posted some ridiculous false verbiage on OC early this AM. Thats your buddy not mine but something in his psyche is off-kilter”

That is what you posted about me on Washington Watch today.

WHERE IS IT!

I was not even online!

• Sher1 02/27/2011 12:12pm

Howdy boys!!! Ya have fun now YA HERE! LOL LOL LOL. Have a good evening too.

WasMiddleClass 02/27/2011 12:13pm

I have contacted law enforcement Sher1. Your slander of myself and others will end.

• Sher1 02/27/2011 1:42pm

AND THE WINNER IS: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. “Wisconsin Protesters Resist Police Orders to Leave The Capital” MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Union leaders and other protesters say they plan to make a peaceful stand when police begin clearing out the state Capitol nearly two weeks after demonstrators first occupied the building.

• Sher1 02/27/2011 1:43pm

Police have said they will arrest anyone who refuses to clear out at 4 p.m. Sunday.

Protesters have been camping out in the building since Feb. 15 to speak out against a sweeping anti-union bill put forth by Republican Gov. Scott Walker.