H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

• Sher1 09/20/2011 8:07am

I must disagree about “Neither side helped us”. It is a broken record but the Democrats and Independents DID help the unemployed during the fight for extension of UI benefits HR 3548 with Tier 6 in most states. There were thousands of people who fought this battle, we met and still keep in touch with many of them. The Republicans blocked repeatedly these extensions and with the Stimulus package that had ARRA for college, for 59+ weeks of UI benefits, it had Millions of dollars for states to increase the social programs because of the crisis. HR 4213 was blocked once again by the Republicans and Conservative richer than rich A’s ass we all know but I didn’t see the same fire fought as was the case with HR 3548 even when we found out the 99ers were included but then the businesses told the Senate NO! to the 99ers being included and nelp.org kept it under wraps until the word got out. The fight I don’t see and the fire and pure rage I don’t see,just rhetoric.

• Sher1 09/20/2011 8:17am

Now the media exposed the fact that the Super-Committee who hold the reigns on the lives of so many of us, have been well compensated by lobbyists pipe-lining $$$ to their re-election committess and pet projects for them to do the right thing??? Which means we are screwed unless America catches fire and tell their Reps in both houses to stops these proposed CUTS that are coming. We need to continue to contact our reps in both houses for HR 589 or provisions included in President Obama’s provisions to coming out. The 99ers need programs paid for that will be a step-up to employment, many of these programs have already been cuts. ACTION speaks LOUDER than words! I compliment those who ARE attempting to do this, the movement is growing. I read that people are fighting to STOP their homes from being foreclosed and these are homes they own. We have been victims of “The Pied Piper” for too long, my family included but we have no intentions of being led to the river any longer.

• Sher1 09/20/2011 8:25am

I know this doesn’t affect the 99ers but its just a reminder of what THEY went through with the Republicans and HR 3548 (Politics). White House “Jobs Bill Would Save Unemployment Benefits For 6 Million Next Year” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…loyment-benefits_n_970377.html

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Gonefishing 09/21/2011 9:02pm

Please phone the Obama Whitehouse imagination labroratory where they seem to be busy distilling Euphoria (the Obama version that is)…and tell them just as “Arithmatic is NOT an opinion”… “the ECONOMY IS NOT PSYCHOLOGY”.. CREATE JOBS, don’t buy votes with the proposed 400 billion dollars phony jobs package……? does he just think the public is stupid or what??? As we have seen his version of PROGRESS is actually DISTRUCTIVE of the constitution. He needs to find the criteria by which progress really is progress…..without respect for the spirit of the constitution he has become a destroyer…..

WasMiddleClass 09/21/2011 10:56pm

How many of our so called “elected leaders” on both sides of that same old dirty coin have no respect for the actual words of the constitution now, never mind the spirit of it….

WasMiddleClass 09/21/2011 10:57pm

Oh…and good luck fishing :)

• WasMiddleClass 09/21/2011 11:23pm

I was waiting to see if any of the others here brought this up…

Occupy Wall Street Enters Its Fourth Day, Tensions Rise (VIDEO)

…While the protest’s organizers had stressed that they wanted this to be a peaceful occupation, tensions have flared between the occupation and the cops assigned to keep order downtown. The group Anonymous claimed that cops have increased their presence and stolen recording equipment from some of the protesters.

You can see from this video that things are getting a little rough, as cops and protesters seem to be filming each other, waiting for each to make one false move…

And so it begins………………………………………………

• WasMiddleClass 09/21/2011 11:42pm

Be careful what you wish for….

Mayor Bloomberg warned Friday there would be riots in the streets if Washington doesn’t get serious about generating jobs.

“We have a lot of kids graduating college, can’t find jobs,” Bloomberg said on his weekly WOR radio show.

“That’s what happened in Cairo. That’s what happened in Madrid. You don’t want those kinds of riots here.”

• Sher1 09/22/2011 12:27pm

Criticize President Obama and let the bullS continue from Boehner and the tea party members who are pulling the strings on him & Cantor big time. President Obama ran into a buzz saw from the day he was sworn in from the GOP/TPers. Any American that can vote republican after their party affiliates stood in front of the media and said “If JOBS are gone then so be it” “We want this President to be a 1 TERM President and thats my job” At a time when this country is in a recession and economic Tsunami that happened on THEIR watch, then do so. It has been said and I agree 200% that the alternative is not an option. President Obama tried bipartisan and was met with resistance, he inherited a $12 Trillion national debt plus 2 wars and some actually believed he would eliminate all of Bush’s leftover spending spree poo in 2-3-4 years. We have a Congress that has not introduce ONE piece of legislation to jump start this economy and yet the same old polical agenda bloggers are at it again. YAWN!

WasMiddleClass 09/23/2011 10:17pm

Tell me then exactly what this president (and most Dems) has done to help the 99ers.

I was one of the first wave that ran out of help in the spring of 2010.

Since then I have watched Obama say how he wants to cut my heating assistance by over 50%, but NEVER ONCE even acknowledged that I (99ers) existed.

You have posted your disdain for I, and the NOVO’s in many places…

We are not, and did not vote for the Republicans.

We did lay down the law though, and even as Ed Shultz said many times, if you don’t acknowledge us, and help us survive we are turning our backs on you.

One would think they got the message in the midterms, but apparently they did not…

So be it. They made the choice.

We don’t vote for ANY evil!

Sher1 09/24/2011 9:26pm

I refuse to play your silly games with rhetorical questions. You have your agenda so play with it. OBAMA/BIDEN 2012

Sher1 09/24/2011 9:50pm

@WMC. YOU were not one of the first but one of MANY that exhausted UI extension of benefits that we all got via the ARRA of the Stimulus package in addition to legislation passed in those states compassion enough to extend it even further, something that never would have happened under the majority republican or tea party. I have no disdain for you, but do have disdain for your mean-spirited way of blogging & revealing other bloggers information when they piss you off on this site as well as other sites. You can use the NOVO crap as a excuse if you want to but it has nothing to do with that. You called one commenter a Bitch because she criticized you. Nice guy!. You GUESS posters name as if you were some God of the Internet and its mean and cruel. Disdain = NOVO?? Get real and put your phoniness back in your pocket, I posted about NOVO because the style of blogging was changing in GENERAL as it did prior to the Nov 2010 elections so don’t flatter yourself.

WasMiddleClass 09/25/2011 9:30pm

@ I have no disdain for you, but do have disdain for your mean-spirited way of blogging & revealing other bloggers information when they piss you off on this site as well as other sites.

WTF are you talking about? Because I posted another screen name of yours? Why play multiple names? I made it clear hear and there of what my names are.

@You called one commenter a Bitch because she criticized you.

The ONLY one I EVER called that was you because you posted lies about me MANY times in many places. You also lied to several webmasters about me.

And just in case you forgot, if you type “hackers” into the search box at the top of the page you will see what YOU had to say so many times about one of the main forces behind Occupy Wall Street.

Sher1 09/26/2011 8:43am

@wmc: The poster you called a Bitch for posting critical remarks against you, was not me and you know it because I in turn posted a remark to you about how childish you were to call her that, so you are a LIAR. You as I said are not ethnical in your posts and will stoop to any level to “HIT BACK” at someone who questions or criticizes you as we have seen on OC and other sites. That poster posted several times thereafter and stopped no thanks to you. Continue on with your egostical verbiage that amuses you but draws no attention and will fade just as your fight for the homeless faded. I do believe they have plenty of PHDs in your state so check them out because you are paranoid, once again I have said nothing to any webmaster about you or anyone else and you have NO proof that I did. Get some help, please.

• Spam Comment

WasMiddleClass 09/26/2011 11:09pm

" I have said nothing to any webmaster about you or anyone else and you have NO proof that I did."

Want to put your money where your mouth is on that?

WasMiddleClass 09/26/2011 11:11pm

“@wmc: The poster you called a Bitch for posting critical remarks against you, was not me and you know it because I in turn posted a remark to you about how childish you were to call her that, so you are a LIAR. You as I said are not ethnical in your posts and will stoop to any level to “HIT BACK” at someone who questions or criticizes you as we have seen on OC and other sites”

PROVE IT!

And don’t try to play one of your other names as not you!

WasMiddleClass 09/27/2011 12:32am

To quote you: “draws no attention and will fade just as your fight for the homeless faded”

SO why don’t you explain to the viewers here what YOUR position is on all the new homeless now, including MANY 99ers!

WasMiddleClass 09/25/2011 9:55pm

So in reply to my post that contained only political opinions you reply with multiple personal attacks on me?

Hmmm…..

• Sher1 09/22/2011 12:29pm

Republican Rep Accidentally Admits The GOP Has No Interest In Creating Jobs ~ http://www.politicususa.com/en/gop-no-jobs

• ssari30 09/22/2011 2:20pm

It’s okay to help out other countries with money we don’t have. But yet Congress is refusing to help out it’s own people? I don’t care what anyone says, if they just implicated the 99ers into the last unemployment extension or create some real jobs. Then we wouldn’t be in this horrible mess, period point blank end of my story.

• ssari30 09/22/2011 2:25pm

It’s okay to help out other countries with money we don’t have. But yet Congress is refusing to help out it’s own people? I don’t care what anyone says, if they just implicated the 99ers into the last unemployment extension or create some real jobs. Then we wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place.

• ssari30 09/22/2011 2:26pm

• WasMiddleClass 09/24/2011 1:17am

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.”

John F. Kennedy

• nancym 09/24/2011 4:09pm

For those who are sick of petitions that go nowhere, this is really the only petition that matters. The official White House petition site has a quota of 5000 signatures before any official response. Right now there are only 102 signatures as of 9/24/11. I think we have more than 102 99ers in need of acknowledgment from the President right now, don’t you?

Extend unemployment benefits past 99 weeks for ALL long-term unemployed Americans