H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

Sher1 06/03/2011 8:24am

As long as there is a TWO-PARTY system, “LESSER OF TWO EVILS = THE DEMOCRATS” US Rep Lee was on C-SPAN yesterday with discussion on HR 589 and the LONG-TERM unemployed called 99ers. Continue EMAILING – TWEETS – FAXING – CALLING for HR 589!

Sher1 06/28/2011 10:10pm

President Obama has scheduled NEWS CONFERENCE tomorrow morning 11:30am with BREAKING NEWS! The party of NO is being given a ONE-WAY ticket to IRAN.

Sher1 02/25/2011 2:36pm

UNEMPLOYED UNITE LETS JOIN THIS RALLY TO GET THE WORD OUT ON HR 589
AND THE BLIGHT OF THE UNEMPLOYED AS A WHOLE!!!

For two straight weeks, union members and supporters have held a vigil in the Wis state capitol protesting a union-busting budget bill that threatens the bargaining rights of public employees. Across the nation, the showing of solidarity has been overwhelming.

On Saturday, there are 2 ways to show your solidarity:

1. Come to a solidarity rally in Chicago:

Solidarity rally in Chicago at the Thompson Center.

Rally information

Thompson Center, 100 W. Randolph

12–3 p.m.

RSVP

2. Come stand with Wisconsin. On Saturday, Feb. 26, tens of thousands of working families and community members will gather in Madison at the Capitol building to demand an end to Gov. Scott Walker’s attacks on the middle class. Come be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime, on-the-ground energy as Wisconsinites take ownership of their democracy

where 04/26/2011 11:02pm

Did we add a cut and paste option for Sher1? How about a lesser of two evil option?

WasMiddleClass 02/18/2011 9:40am
in reply to wstaff Feb 18, 2011 6:13am

How about that new deal I heard about. They work two weeks and get one week off in the House now? I heard that and thought are you frigging kidding me.

nancym 11/16/2011 7:22pm
Anne2012 06/25/2011 12:27am

@ where

same at here

go join your mother

WasMiddleClass 12/07/2011 9:20pm

There are so many realities today in peoples minds that it reminds me of the Matrix movies…

For those that walk on the dark side at times, I ran across this today,

But then again there is light and dark all over…

Light displaces darkness.

The army of light will prevail…

nancym 11/07/2011 11:05am

I’d really like to know why this story never reached network news this weekend:

Kayvan Sabeghi Injured: Second Iraq War Vet Hurt During Oakland Clash With Police

I know this is from HuffPost, but it’s still just online. Anybody see this on any of the big cable shows?

Anne2012 06/25/2011 12:31am

@ where

hope your siblings clean you out

WasMiddleClass 10/02/2011 12:05am

A large march by Occupy Wall Street protesters Saturday ended partway across the Brooklyn Bridge with the NYPD intervening and arresting hundreds of demonstrators.

I was with the marchers — an estimated few thousand people…

WasMiddleClass 11/08/2011 9:03pm
in reply to nancym Nov 07, 2011 11:05am

It was noticed…in many places. Google news it…

I found this article…sort of funny,

I was on a site the other day where vets were saying who the hell are these guys (OccupyOMC), they act like black ops. I agree, and welcome support from all…

99Survivor 04/11/2011 12:26pm
in reply to MrsChang Apr 11, 2011 9:40am

@MrsChang..

The Nolo book is excellent. I recommend it to those contemplating preparing their own BK.

WasMiddleClass 06/06/2011 7:52pm

@where

And I love you too funny face :)

Now to be a little more serious…

I’m not bothering to post all the inaccurate crap I heard out of Palins mouth over the years, but here response to people saying she was wrong about Paul Revere was to insist she was right, and that Paul Revere was warning the British that they can not take our guns away! Give me a frigging break! And then Palin supporters tried to rewrite history to match her words on Wikipedia!

You can do better than that funny face :-Þ

MrsChang 04/11/2011 12:55pm
in reply to 99Survivor Apr 11, 2011 12:26pm

@99Survivor—

Agree 100%.

BPennett 04/10/2011 1:49am

You know the way we are spoken about as the “average Joe”…..or the "common man’……or the “nobodies”……

This is the real attitude and don’t kid yourself….politics is just their chosen profession……don’t kid yourself….

Most importantly, instead of elevating and advancing the American Dream……..a generation ago, if things were handled with the brinksmanship as they are today…..our citizenry would be outraged…

THE WAY THEY HANDLE THINGS IS >>>>>>>>>>>>>> EMBARASSING!!!!!!!!!!!

WasMiddleClass 06/06/2011 7:58pm

And as Sher1 mentioned, I watched that Katie Couric interview too, and remember clear as a bell thinking, ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME? SHE WANTS TO BE VICE PRESIDENT?!!!

I can be nice to Sher1 sometimes too 0.o

Legion1 03/07/2011 12:58pm
in reply to Legion1 Mar 07, 2011 12:49pm

As “Was” posted on the previous page: “I think the no-vote group will be a lot bigger for 2012…”

We need to take advantage of our numbers. Getting us all together to protest is a problem, this would not be the same, this can be easily done & if enough participate maybe it will shake them. Until now we been pretty much begging for help to no avail. If it takes threats to wake them up, so be it.

BPennett 05/17/2011 11:42am

Please debug our main tabs…….I cannot access the actions tab??? Thank you

99Survivor 04/11/2011 6:17am
in reply to vinmarly Apr 11, 2011 4:33am

Medical bills are dischargeable in a bankruptcy.

WasMiddleClass 04/10/2011 6:32pm

Ok everyone, lets have a big group hug now :)

Goodnight people…

BPennett 06/08/2011 1:23pm

Pah Lease spare me……..more fear mongering……..this Fin country is 14 TRILLION dollars in debt and you’re saying a person is imprisoned / debtors prison…..of some sort………this is not immoral it is flat out Amoral…

I’ve never heard anything so rediculous in my life, of course other than it gives lawyers a way of justifying their existence…..

where 02/23/2011 2:09am

Im curious, Is it possible that these protests are the spark that starts the fire?

99Survivor 02/18/2011 6:28am

where 09/07/2011 11:44am
in reply to FLarlene Sep 02, 2011 10:24am

WasMiddleClass appears to be MIA, Please post if your still out there Was, Im very concerned for you.

Obamas Jobs speech tomorrow I fear will just be a mere Campaign speech with no real conviction to do any good for America, Oh sure he will say promising things but that will be it, All talk and not a hint of real action.

I am curious tho If he will mention us in his speech, Or are we dead to him?

WasMiddleClass 11/17/2011 11:47pm

Now some out there may ask why Herman Cain should get taxpayer funded Secret Service protection while you or I would not if we decided to run for President…

The answer is it depends on how much MONEY you have…

Imagine that!

WasMiddleClass 02/23/2011 4:32am

Is this like a time-space continuum here now?

How does someone reply to my post from 9:15am at 6:27am?

0.o
WasMiddleClass 02/22/2011 2:11pm
in reply to Marcy Feb 22, 2011 2:05pm

I didn’t mean to give you a headache my dear…..;)

nancym 10/01/2011 10:12pm

Ew, gawd, Was, did you have to tell where to change his picture? Now look what we have to endure! lol!

WasMiddleClass 02/22/2011 2:50pm