H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 10:57am
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 14, 2011 10:57am

That is what I posted puppet.

WasMiddleClass 12/30/2011 11:00pm

Even if things don’t change in my lifetime I would much rather leave this life knowing I tried to help change things, than knowing I laid down and gave up while so many others were still fighting.

Maybe we can’t elect anyone good in 2012, but we sure as hell can shine a big spotlight on the corruption in DC now, and wake more people up to the truth.

Everywhere I travel on the web these days I find people that are hurting, and sick of Washingtons games. Usually there are some from the “take a bath and get a job” “welfare (unemployment benefits) is the problem” crowd trying to kick them in the teeth when they are down with multiple insulting posts full of BS.

I have seen far more times than I can count when my friends and I stopped by and kicked the big mouths ass with facts they never have a answer to, that we heard “THANK YOU!”, “God bless you!”, “I don’t feel alone now”…

That alone makes it worth it!

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:02pm
in reply to fakk2 Feb 14, 2011 12:37pm

Then you do not even know what the official definition of “unemployed” is.

It is determined by questions asked in a phone survey.

BPennett 05/17/2011 11:10am

Cannot access ACTIONS tab info here……does anyone what in the world is going on with that?

WasMiddleClass 12/25/2011 1:54pm

That last story shows the real meaning of Christmas. All the good people out there that step up to help those in need.

As all our elected representatives enjoy their champagne and caviar and forget them.

This part says it all

While Tchouaffe looks for work, she doesn’t understand why the only time she’s ever asked government agencies for help, the only help they’ve offered is to tell her they will split up her family, and send her son to DFCS.

“‘And you sleep in the car,’” she said they told her. “And I say, ‘No, it cannot work that way. I’ve been a very good mother to this boy and to the girls. I don’t want my children to be taken away from me.’”

Thanks to the generosity of 11Alive viewers there is hope. They have food, shelter for the coming month and some money to tide them over until Anna Marie finds a job and can start looking for a home in the Alpharetta area that has handicap accessibility.

WasMiddleClass 10/06/2011 10:53pm
in reply to nancym Oct 06, 2011 7:22am

I know,

I thought the same thing.

But how else can you stop billionaires from funding everything too?

At least then the voters would know a candidate was rich, and that is the only why the could advertise so much.

What was the number?….94% I believe, who get elected because they had the most money………………………….

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 10:48am
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 14, 2011 10:47am

THAT is NOT what I posted!

WasMiddleClass 11/21/2011 6:43pm

Just for comparison, on site I frequent we have tens of thousands of views every day now, with only about 20 regular posters.

You can find similar things on most sites when you compare views per posters. Except of course when you get those paid posters with a political objective using multiple sock-puppets in certain places…

WasMiddleClass 12/30/2011 11:00pm

Occupy the Rose Parade’s Octopus Float Is 70 Feet of Awesome (PHOTOS)

Pasadena’s annual Rose Parade is on Monday! To pre-party, we were totally planning to write about the Natural History Museum’s first-ever dinosaur float, a gorgeous menagerie of T-Rexes and long-necks. Then we got a glimpse of a beast that could swallow those wimp-osauruses whole.
We’re talking about Occupy Octopus (yes, that’s his name; yes, he’d make an amazing beanie baby), a 70-foot-long crowd puppet made entirely of recycled plastic bags. The giant sea creature will hover over a band of occupiers for their Occupy the Rose Parade march this coming Monday.

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 12:14pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 15, 2011 12:14pm

“The site and forum of Unemployed-Friends is now closed”

“there are several members that have recently fabricated stories about us(the admins) of this board and its members. More of this is coming to light and to our attention…with that, we now know the intent was to close this board by a select group of our very own members. The rumors they created and accusations are libelous, insidious and vile. Not only have they hurt us, they are also still hurting members of this board due to their destructive and vindictive behavior. This is not the first time this has happened, but the extent to which it has occurred crossed the line and ultimately, we did not want to deal with it anymore.

That being said, we will not allow them to dissuade our own advocacy for the unemployed, nor should they yours. The Unemployed of this country need your help and you need to continue in that fight.”

fakk2 02/15/2011 9:20am

Here’s a question for everyone out there, and honest answers please just to see if this would be an option we could write our senators:

If instead of a Tier 5 unemployment, let’s say Congress completely cut $800 billion out of the defense budget (I know it’d never happen, but it’s something easy for the example) and created a program building bridges, roads, sewers, rail lines, power stations, etc. (infrastructure in general), and offered it to (although it’s not actually this high) a full 16 million unemployed people, paying minimum wage (which would last for just over 3 years at $800 billion), would you take it until the economy turned around and you could find something else?

Like I said, honest answers please just to see if it’s an option.

*It would be based in your community, no need to move.
*If it’s limited to 6 million instead of 16, then food, shelter, clothing could be provided. Would this be preferrable?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 9:05am
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 14, 2011 9:04am

Here is the data,

fakk2 02/15/2011 11:43am
in reply to sclark113 Feb 15, 2011 11:27am

That’s what I have called it Sclark113. And don’t forget, OpenCongress isn’t here just for 1 side of a viewpoint, but for us to discuss it as Americans, rationally and logically (or not so logically as evidence by some posters on this site). I do respect what you’ve wrote and you’re definitely entitled to your own views, just as I am mine. At least you led me to find WPA which I never had thought of before. Hope you have a good life Sclark113.

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 9:08am

99ers Paid the Highest Taxes and Yet are Disrespected by Washington

So far, the 99ers have had to deal with all kinds of hell, by no fault of their own. Being driven from their comforts by people that seem to care less, as the globalists agenda is deemed more important. Greed seems to dictate the demise of up to 8.5 million who just don’t seem to matter any longer. The people, who will be deciding the fate of 8.5 million less fortunate, have been given opportunities in life that the 99ers will never have. All the 99ers want is respect.

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 4:41am
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 15, 2011 4:41am

I am also sure I will be told that you can just “bunk 3-4 in a room” again. Perhaps this person does not realize that no landlord would allow that because it is illegal. Every dwelling has a legal capacity of people. Once my old landlord was told by a government official that my girlfriend and her two children could not spend the weekends in my one bedroom house because it was only rated for two people, and if he allowed it to happen again he would be fined.

The official “living wage” for a single person renting a room in my area of Ct. is $14.23 per hour. My area is one of the lowest in the state, and they range upwards to $22.75 per hour for a ROOM. They are much higher for a one bedroom apartment.

Minimum wage is HALF what it costs to live in a room.

WasMiddleClass 02/19/2011 3:14pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 19, 2011 3:12pm

I watched the creation of that place, and who went there from here back then…….

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 12:14pm

I am posting this here to make all our viewers aware that there are enemies among us that pretend to be one of us. I have posted warnings here, and other places many times over the years, and I tried to warn some of these folks before. Many of the real unemployed advocates have come under attack by people using professional phsyop tactics, for a long time. Their goal is to disrupt and discredit.

fakk2 02/15/2011 11:39am

I’ve proposed a question about how to help the unemployed, many of you claiming to be unemployed refuse to answer it. That’s fine, no one said you have to. But I am not wasting my time with those whom won’t help themselves.

A WPA program is a good idea in my opinion, since it could provide much needed infrastructure, and help out all the unemployed for 3 years or longer, and possibly even provide food, clothing, and/or housing assistance.

It does sadden me though to see so many blame someone else for their problems instead of take any accountability for their current situation, which includes 1.) Not saving any money while working MUCH better jobs than most people can find over the last 30 or 40 years and 2.) Not being willing to work to find a solution but instead sit around complaining a government check of $14,430 for 26 weeks in CT (at $555/week before reductions) is better than working full-time at minimum wage earning $17,160/yr (at CT’s min wage of 8.25). It’s pathetic truly.

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 12:27pm
in reply to fakk2 Feb 15, 2011 11:39am

A: I don’t not have a bunch of children to collect near that much.

B: I have not recieved an unemployment check in almost a year.

C: I have already posted that the minimum “living wage” required to live in a room is $14.23 per hour, not $8.25.

D: Your posts are flame bait.

E: Goodbye

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 2:33pm

What really makes me mad is the fact that unemployed friends was literally a lifeline for many. Those false flag people there did not even care how much they hurt people that were already on their knees just for a political agenda.

I know someone started a new forum But I am not sure the deal with it yet. The admin posted to me here once. Maybe I’ll check it out.

HopefromCA 02/16/2011 4:07am

The real unemployment rate is not going to go down until the price of housing starts to stabilize. In the immediate future I don’t see it stabilizing as the feds are using quantative easing that will start to trigger higher interest rates. I feel that Congress is aware of this and doesn’t want the public to know whats going to happen soon. Since the early 80’s we have been using the equity in the houses to compensate for what our wages don’t cover on our monthly bills. Now that we don’t have source of income some of us are going broke trying to keep food on the table. Lets hope that Congress recognizes this and passes this bill.

WasMiddleClass 02/15/2011 1:39pm

Everyone can sign up for 200 free robo calls! The odds of getting some follow unemployed are pretty good.

Legion1 02/15/2011 2:03pm

It’s kinda sick to know there are more than a few fellow Americans who use this method to earn a living. From reading this guys bio, he’s never done an honest days work. I don’t find it surprising that he’s a republican either.

99Survivor 02/15/2011 2:58pm

This sucks for Floridians:

WasMiddleClass 02/22/2011 10:43am
in reply to WasMiddleClass Feb 22, 2011 10:36am

From what I read most people living there are middle class (by our standards) or above.

Legion1 02/22/2011 9:34am
in reply to Abaratarrr Feb 21, 2011 11:05pm

yeah…sure…ok

Oh…& it sounds like you’re in love with the Bieber kid too.

Abaratarrr 02/16/2011 3:24pm

We need to put congress on the spot with a vote, we need to know if there loyalty lies with Israel and Egypt or the american people.

We need Lee or scott (any member of the house could bring the bill to the floor) to bring 589 to the floor as an amendment to the CR using language from Paul’s amendment as the funding source. Any representative that would choose to put Egyptians ahead of Americans needs to be on record of having that opinion with a role count vote.

WasMiddleClass 02/16/2011 3:35pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Feb 16, 2011 3:24pm

I’m not falling for any crap from the Dems again either. I know both sides are all over the web.

All of us real unemployed struggle to stay united and not get phsyoped from either side.

So….no matter what side says what, there are millions out there….

We could put all the protests in all the other countries to shame….

If it comes to that.

WasMiddleClass 05/11/2011 9:35pm

Oh boy girl! lol!

WasMiddleClass 10/06/2011 10:54pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Oct 06, 2011 10:53pm

And my typing still sucks :