H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

• Duncan 08/28/2009 8:19am

Hi DannyDog!

I have the same update as you. Another week to breathe a heavy sigh of relief. I am grateful for this forum and the opportunity to communicate with other PA unemployed. There have been times when, had I not had this board to check in with, I would have been completely freaking out. So, for those who don’t understand why we update each other on here – oh, well! It’s a valuable resource, if you use it for things other than criticism and negativity, isn’t it?

• PAGirl 08/29/2009 4:34am

Hi DannyDog and Duncan,

I have the same as both of you! What a relief!! Duncan, I agree with everything you said…this board has been a wonderful resource.

Have a great weekend everyone….

Jans1116 08/30/2009 8:59am

PA Here: I am a day behind you all. I noticed many are bailing to the new bill. I have for the most part but to check in on you all.

• DannyDog 08/30/2009 3:04pm

What’s the number for the new bill?

• GonzoFL 08/31/2009 6:24am

The new bill for extending unemployment benefits is HR 3404. It’s companion bill in the senate is s 1647. HR 3404 asks for a 13 week extension in states that are at 9% unemployment or higher,S 1647 asks for the same 13 weeks but lowers the state unemployment percentage to 8.5%

• DannyDog 08/31/2009 9:45am

PAGirl, Duncan, and PA friends,

I received a packet of four mail claims today from UC.
    The forms were for the weeks ending September 5th though the 26th.

How are you folks doing?

• PAGirl 09/01/2009 6:15am

I have not received my forms yet. Todays mail hasn’t arrived so hopefully they are in there. Isn’t our last week to claim the week ending 19th?

Have you looked into the new bill yet? I think I will read up on it more tonight. I’ve been busy getting the kids ready to start school.

DannyDog 09/01/2009 8:28am

The week of the 19th is our last week. Since they mail in sets of four, you will also get a form for the week ending Sep 26th. There is almost nothing available about the new bill. I have a feeling that we would not qualify.

By the way, I will be out of town this Saturday through the following Saturday Sep 12th and won’t have access to the Internet. I will check back here when I return.

• PAGirl 09/01/2009 7:37am

Just an update….I just got my mail and nothing was in it. It’s only Tuesday so I won’t start to worry yet.

Jans1116 09/02/2009 3:39pm

Hey PA crew, I have an interview finally! Have you all looked into going back to school?

• PAGirl 09/03/2009 3:55am

I finally received my next set of claim forms….

That’s great news Jans1116!! I wish you lots of luck. No, I haven’t really looked into going back to school. Are you talking a technical school? College? Masters Program?

Jans1116 09/04/2009 6:30pm

I think they only pay for certain things. It is a good idea to check it out on pa career link site. They pay for the school.

Jans1116 09/09/2009 3:00pm

Who cares which, look at a program that might help you in the job market. You should have received a letter at the end of June or early July. Call the PA Careerlink. I think the interview went well but who knows. The person that interviewed me said that they think the market will open somewhat in ‘sOctober. Let’s hope so.

PAGirl 09/09/2009 5:05pm

I hope that you get the job you interviewed for.

Yes, I received the letter. Most of the training is in areas that I am already schooled in. I have a lot of schooling and unfortunately, even that isn’t helping me much. I hear a lot that I am over qualified because of my schooling and experience. They’d rather higher someone with a bit less in both areas, pay them less and train them.

• gramps 09/04/2009 12:15am

Ma here..got a notice that I had no more benefit weeks to claim. I thought Ma got 20. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/04/2009 5:42am

Gramps, I answered you over on 3404. If you got your full 30 weeks regular benefits, you only get 16 weeks EB. Also, look at page 1923 here. Flyry098 and I were talking about it a couple weeks ago.

• gramps 09/04/2009 7:20am

Thank you. I’ll check that out.

• chittywoma 09/05/2009 1:25pm

Does anyone know when congress will vote on hr 3404? My last check is next friday!!!!! How long will it take to get this extension…? Unemployment in my area is over 13%…My resume always gets a response within my line of work..I am getting NOTHING…no calls…I was told by one employer they received 2,000 resumes for ONE JOB….(property management)

cc in california

• DannyDog 09/15/2009 2:55am

PAGirl and PA friends,

Anyone get a payment date for the week ending Sept 5th?
    I know that things were delayed due to Labor Day, but no payment date for me as of Tuesday Sept 15th morning.

• PAGirl 09/15/2009 5:59am

Hi DannyDog,

I hope you are doing well. I had a payment issue date of Saturday, September 12th and the money was in my bank account this morning. When did you mail it? I would probably call at this point to see what they say. Even with the Holiday you should be seeing a payment issue date by now, don’t you think?

• DannyDog 09/15/2009 4:55pm

I mailed it on Sunday the 6th.
    I called them. They said to call back Thursday or Friday, if I don’t have a payment issue date by then. Thanks.

• DannyDog 09/16/2009 2:18am

I have a payment issue date of today Wednesday for the week ending Sept 5th.
    What a relief.

PAGirl 09/16/2009 4:51am

Thanks goodness! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you. That definitely took a long time…longer than I would have thought (even with the Holiday). Breath a sigh of relief for today and tomorrow then we start looking again for the one we just mailed!

Have a good day….

• PAGirl 09/19/2009 1:55am

Good morning DannyDog and PA Friends…

Does anyone have a payment issue date for the week ending September 12th?

Hope you are all well….

• DannyDog 09/19/2009 2:11am

I have an issue date of September 18th, which probably means that it wont be in my account until Monday or Tuesday morning. COB of Thursday.

• PAGirl 09/19/2009 5:39am

That is great. If your payment issue date was Friday, the fund should be in your account Monday morning. I have a COB of Thursday as well with no payment issue date. It’s been pretty consistant for me to have a payment issue date of either Friday or Saturday so now I will worry about this until Monday, when the systems updates again. Thanks for letting me know…

• DannyDog 09/21/2009 4:43am

PAGirl,

Did you get a payment issue date yet? I hope so.

• dlh 09/21/2009 5:35am

ATTN: Pennsylvania

The House must be voting on a “new extension” H.R.3548…

If interested here’s the comments link;

DannyDog 09/21/2009 6:37am

Thanks for the update dlh !

PAGirl: Be sure to check out the link from dlh above on Open Congress.
    Info on NELP also.

• dlh 09/21/2009 8:23am

You are very welcome DannyDog… See all PA friends over there!!