H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

Patriots 08/14/2009 4:50pm

:)……..,,,,,We have to do what we have to to survive now.

We will get one more extension to help us survive what we never expected.

Jans1116 08/15/2009 10:00am

We are all on the same time frame now. It appears they show the same date.

Duncan 08/15/2009 9:58am

Believe it or not, this is the first I have been able to log into the board since they updated the design. It’s been extremely frustrating!!

Anyway, I show a COB of 8/13, but no payment issue date. I’m hoping it will show something tomorrow. I received the same packet you all got, but I used the form for week ending 8/8 like everyone else did. It was helpful to read what everyone was deciding to do, but so frustrating that I couldn’t “chime in”! At least I’m back, for now, and hopefully for good!

• Duncan 08/15/2009 10:52am

DannyDog, I have no idea what the issue was. I have IE8, and wasn’t having problems with anything else. Hopefully I’m back for good!! I will post tomorrow if I have an update – keep your fingers crossed for me.

• 2kgs4 08/15/2009 12:40pm

Hey everyone Tx here: I wanted to ask a few of you guys in other states who have already used EB a question or two about the process as after reading my paper work am a bit confused. The paper where I write in my job applications weekly? Is to be faxed or mailed to the proper address/fax after each week or each time i request benefits online? If i mail it they send me a new one each week? I will probably end up faxing it anyhow though as it seems easier. So is the whole process the same I just have to send them this document with names and dates for my employers? Thanks so much for any help – god bless.

Duncan 08/18/2009 6:42am

DannyDog:

I didn’t have an update yesterday, even though it showed a COB of 8/15. I called, waited on hold for nearly 1/2 hour and was told they had no information. I crossed my fingers while the info was coming on my screen today, thinking surely there must be a payment issue date by now, and it shows a COB of 8/16, but still the last payment issue date shown is 7/25. So, I called again, held forever again, and was told they can’t even begin to look into anything for me until the 21st (Friday), and that I shouldn’t even call back before then. I really hope something shows up tomorrow, because I am getting very nervous and am in desperate need of that money.

Duncan 08/18/2009 7:06am

PAGirl:

I mailed it on the 10th.I wasn’t able to log in to this site for the longest time, so I was just combing through all of my PA friends comments, and I think it was you who said you has received your packet and the bar code and everything matched up, so you were just going to use the last form from the last batch, dated week ending 8/8. So, that’s what I did, and then, of course, I received the packet in the mail that afternoon. I don’t know what I would have done, had I not been able to at least read what everyone else was thinking! Now that I can finally log back in and post, it’s a relief, but I would feel a whole lot better if I had some money! I asked the rep if there was anything she could see that was a problem or something to hold it up, and she said there were no notations and no sign it had been received. I will wait until tomorrow, and if there is still no update, I will take your advice and call back and ask for a supervisor.

Thanks for your help!

• jjfinect 08/17/2009 3:41pm

Finally I can login again to this site!

Does anyone have an update on CT? When will we know if we are getting the last 7 weeks? I have not had a check in a few weeks now and it has been so scary.

Thanks!

Jen

shellcia 08/18/2009 3:14am

The Ct DOL website originally said we would know mid-August but they recently changed it to LATE August…with of course no further explaination!!! I think everyone is busy out selling cars for the Governor!

• jjfinect 08/17/2009 3:44pm

Also what is the update on extending benefits for the longterm unemployed? I know there were a couple of bills out there. Would we still have to be over 9% to qualify or are they toying with the one in which all states get at least 10 or is it 11 weeks and states with very high unemployment get 20.

Thanks!

Jen

nancym 08/18/2009 7:48am

Discussion on those possibilities is posted over on the newer forum:

That’s where most of us who used to post here are now posting. I just came back for a quick “visit” and to post the link for anyone who didn’t notice the new House bill. (There’s also a similar Senate bill now, with 8.5% instead of 9%.)

BTW, HR 3404 is now coming up on OC as a “hot” bill.

• jjfinect 08/17/2009 3:45pm

I hate to say it but I’m glad Obama is dropping the healthcare issue for now. Hopefully this administration will concentrate on the economy and jobs now.

• abaratar 08/18/2009 3:32pm

for colorado people check your cap card, the day you complete your EB benefits application they release funds into your account, it took me three day to complete the ap because of the three hour time limit and it taking 5 hours for all of the pages to load (on my last attempt it only took 10 minutes), but as soon as you complete the ap they release funds I received 3 weeks retro and today I received a new pin and was able to claim the last two weeks,

• Duncan 08/19/2009 5:48am

PA friends, I have an update from yesterday:

This morning, I show a COB of 8/17, and a payment issue date of 8/19, which means I should see some money tomorrow. Now I can breathe just a little easier.

• 2kgs4 08/20/2009 1:34pm

with everyones expeirence with EB is it better to fax or mail in our work logs?

• Duncan 08/21/2009 8:02am

PAGirl:

I have the same update as you!! Thank goodness.

• Anon 08/24/2009 7:54am

Don’t you people in PA have anything better to do? For months now you keep posting you got your check or forms..opencongress is not for this!
    Post news to help others who read these bills not your personnal updates.

• marine 08/26/2009 3:11pm