S.1152 - Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2011
A bill to advance cybersecurity research, development, and technical standards, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to advance cybersecurity research, development, and technical standards, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2011 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 2,117
Official SummaryCybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2011 - Directs specified federal agencies participating in the National High-Performance Computing Program to: (1) transmit to Congress a cybersecurity strategic research and development plan and triennial updates, and (2) develop and annually update an impl
Official SummaryCybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2011 - Directs specified federal agencies participating in the National High-Performance Computing Program to:
(1) transmit to Congress a cybersecurity strategic research and development plan and triennial updates, and
(2) develop and annually update an implementation roadmap for such plan. Expands permitted National Science Foundation (NSF) grants for basic research on innovative approaches to the structure of computer and network hardware and software that are aimed at enhancing computer security to include research into identity management, crimes against children, and organized crime. Requires applications for the establishment of Computer and Network Security Research Centers to include a description of how such Centers will partner with government laboratories, for-profit entities, other institutions of higher education, or nonprofit research institutions. Repeals the Cyber Security Faculty Development Traineeship Program. Requires the NSF Director to continue carrying out a Scholarship for Service program under the Cyber Security Research and Development Act. Directs the President to transmit a report to Congress addressing the cybersecurity workforce needs of the federal government. Requires the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) Director to convene a cybersecurity university-industry task force to explore mechanisms for carrying out collaborative R&D activities. Revises provisions concerning the development and dissemination by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) of security risk checklists associated with computer systems that are, or are likely to become, widely used within the federal government. Requires conducting intramural security research activities under NIST's computing standards program. Requires the NIST Director to:
(1) ensure coordination of U.S. government representation in the international development of technical standards related to cybersecurity;
(2) maintain a cybersecurity awareness and education program through the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership program; and
(3) continue a program to support development of technical standards, metrology, testbeds, and conformance criteria with regard to identity management research and development.
...Read the Rest
Organizations Supporting S.1152
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Organizations Opposing S.1152
- None via MapLight at this time.