S.1699 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009

A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.

ronaand 09/25/2009 3:27am

nancy – wasn’t last year a special session
    the schedules i’ve pulled up indicate adjournment oct.30/first week of november
    p.s. you can skip the 20 pages on 3548

GonzoFL 09/25/2009 5:20am

Yes Nancy….save yourself some grief and skip at least the last 20 pages of 3548…a kaleidoscope of mis-information,broken links,not smarter than a 5th grader grammar,same questions over and over,screaming,hollering,trolls,doom and gloom,sarcasm(some from me..sorry…it’s in my contract) and general bickering…Hey! Sounds almost like Fox News!!

need2knowinOHIO 09/25/2009 2:50pm

Hahahahahahahaha!

Momoftwo 10/27/2009 2:48pm

Hi, I live in MA too and just wondering what you guys were discussing here. Sorry, trying to follow but a bit confused. I exhausted my EB on 10/4/09, so is there some issue I should be aware of?

Momoftwo 10/27/2009 2:57pm

Never mind, didn’t check my dates, was reading an older post, no longer confused!

akmorgan7 10/26/2009 5:41pm

nancym,
    Thanks for all the information on HR 3548. It has helped me understand what is happening in Congress. I gather in the current bill, payments are not retroactive, but when will they begin? The week the bill is passed?
    From the posts by various people, it is clear that the best time for payments to start is not the same for everyone. So what solution would please everyone? EUC choice, the freedom to choose what week our own payments will start?

Doingtherightthing 04/11/2010 4:54am
    That is exactly what happened to me, I was on EB then they add tier 4 and got moved to tier 4 . Then Indiana said they could not put us back on EB unless congress passed something ,well they did and I was able to finish my EB. This stuff is so messed up. It’s like they change and add laws then there always throwing those time limits or percentage rates high to qualify like 8.5% wow that number is ridicules in the first place, anything past 5% and it’s hard to get a job .

FLarlene 09/25/2009 4:29am

Hi there. I see we have moved. I saw you on Huffington Post, Nancy. Wow. Your notes on the HR bill up in lights.

To all, I am hurting too. There will be a bill passed. I have shed a lot of tears this week because, although I have gotten my bills paid, my daughter has done so. She feels obligated. But it has but a horiffic strain on my relationship with her. My heart is broken because of that. The bills will pass. They will. It is not all about health care, for God’s sake. THE BILLS WILL PASS.

Serendipity 10/09/2009 7:24am

It will pass FLarlene. Sorry you have been under so much stress. Better days are ahead. Please keep the faith!

I haven’t checked HuffPo this morning. I can hardly wait to read Nancy’s post.!!!

Serendipity 10/09/2009 7:26am

Soory, didn’t realize I was responding to an older post. Didn’t switch back to the newest posts.

NYER566 10/26/2009 1:41pm

Hey get off my avitar!

woznyclan 10/26/2009 1:43pm

He actually had it before you were here .

aaron12 09/28/2009 7:05am

The California EDD is at least aware of the legislation:

sheaffer67 10/02/2009 4:52am

Must be nice to have a job that you can take so much time off from. Weren’t they just off a month not so very long ago??

Send Your Senator a Letter