S.1884 - Harvesting Energy Act of 2007
A bill to amend the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to reauthorize and improve agricultural energy programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Harvesting Energy Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to amend the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to reauthorize and improve agricultural energy programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 4,450
Official Summary7/26/2007--Introduced.Harvesting Energy Act of 2007 - Extends: (1) federal procurement of biobased products; (2) biorefinery development grants; (3) the biodiesel fuel education program; (4) the energy audit and renewable energy development program; (5) the biomass research and development
Harvesting Energy Act of 2007 - Extends:
(1) federal procurement of biobased products;
(2) biorefinery development grants;
(3) the biodiesel fuel education program;
(4) the energy audit and renewable energy development program;
(5) the biomass research and development program;
(6) assistance for renewable energy systems and energy efficiency improvements, including pyrolysis and thermochemical conversion systems;
(7) cooperative research and extension projects;
(8) the bioenergy program, including establishment of feedstock residue management and transition assistance programs;
(9) research, extension, and educational programs on biobased technologies and products;
(10) the environmental quality incentives program; and
(11) high-priority research and extension initiatives.
(1) a biochar research and demonstration program;
(2) a strategic biofuel feedstock reserve program;
(3) a direct payment program for value-added and renewable energy enterprises;
(4) a biomass feedstock pilot program;
(5) biochar demonstration projects; and
(6) demonstration projects for farm and rural applications of plug-in electric drive vehicles.
Provides for Department of Agriculture (Department) use of flexible fuel vehicles.
Directs the Secretary of Agriculture, in conjunction with the Colorado Renewable Energy Collaboratory, to carry out a renewable energy research and development program. Directs the Secretary to:
(1) establish a standardized protocol for market-based trading of greenhouse gas emissions reductions from soil carbon sequestration to monitor soil carbon sequestration and increases in soil carbon stocks associated with agricultural management practices;
(2) provide grants to land-grant colleges and universities to develop renewable energy and value-added curricula and provide renewable energy extension services; and
(3) provide grants to nonprofit organizations to educate fleet operators and the public about biodiesel and other renewable fuels.
Provides for a joint Department-Department of Energy study and report on reducing the costs of producing electricity from renewable resources.
...Read the Rest