S.2264 - Domestic Fuels Act of 2012
A bill to provide liability protection for claims based on the design, manufacture, sale, offer for sale, introduction into commerce, or use of certain fuels and fuel additives, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to provide liability protection for claims based on the design, manufacture, sale, offer for sale, introduction into commerce, or use of certain fuels and fuel additives, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Domestic Fuels Act of 2012 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 1,027
Official Summary3/29/2012--Introduced.Domestic Fuels Act of 2012 - Amends the Solid Waste Disposal Act to provide that no person shall be liable under any federal, state, or local law, and no provider of financial assurance may deny payment for a claim, because an underground storage tank, underground sto
Official Summary3/29/2012--Introduced.Domestic Fuels Act of 2012 - Amends the Solid Waste Disposal Act to provide that no person shall be liable under any federal, state, or local law, and no provider of financial assurance may deny payment for a claim, because an underground storage tank, underground storage tank system, or associated dispensing equipment at a stationary facility is not compatible with any fuel or fuel additive for use in a motor vehicle, nonroad vehicle, or engine if such tank or equipment has been determined to be compatible pursuant to the guidelines and regulations issued under this Act.Directs the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to issue regulations setting standards for determining whether underground storage tanks and systems and associated dispensing equipment are compatible with any fuel or fuel additive that is authorized and registered by the Administrator or by statute for use in a motor vehicle or engine or nonroad vehicle, engine, or equipment. Deems tanks, systems, and equipment that have been listed by a nationally recognized testing laboratory as compatible with such a fuel or fuel additive as of the date of enactment of this Act to be compatible under such regulations. Amends the Clean Air Act to prohibit a person selling such fuel who complies with such regulations from being liable under any federal, state, or local law if:
(1) a self-service purchaser introduces any such fuel into a vehicle, engine, or equipment for which the fuel has not been approved under such Act; or
(2) the introduction of any such fuel voids the warranty of the manufacturer of such vehicles, engines, or equipment. Excludes from such protection:
(1) a person who sells a transportation fuel and does not comply with the misfueling regulations adopted by the Administrator, and
(2) a person who intentionally misfuels. Prohibits filing or maintaining in any U.S. or state court any civil action or proceeding against an entity engaged in the design, manufacture, sale, or distribution of any qualified product, component thereof, or blend stock or of any motor vehicle, engine, or nonroad equipment for damages, abatement, restitution, fines, penalties, or other relief resulting from the introduction of any such product into a motor vehicle, engine, or nonroad equipment. Requires pending actions to be dismissed with prejudice. Defines a "qualified product" as any transportation fuel or fuel additive that is registered under federal law or any transportation fuel or fuel additive that contains renewable fuel and that is designated for introduction into interstate commerce under federal law. Prohibits a qualified product, any component of such product, or any blend stock from being considered a defective product if it does not violate a control or prohibition with respect to any of its characteristics or components imposed by the Administrator under the Clean Air Act.
...Read the Rest
Organizations Supporting S.2264
- American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers
- American Petroleum Institute
- Outdoor Power Equipment Institute
- Petroleum Marketers Association of America
- Renewable Fuels Association
- ...and 4 more. See all.
Organizations Opposing S.2264
- None via MapLight at this time.
Latest Letters to Congress
S.2264 Domestic Fuels Act of 2012
April 26, 2012
I am writing as your constituent in the 1st Congressional district of Minnesota. I am writing as your constituent in the 1st Congressional district of Minnesota. I oppose S.2264 - Domestic Fuels Act of 2012, and am tracking it using OpenCongress.org, the free public resource website for government transparency and accountability.
I oppose this bill on behalf of my children and grandchildren who already have to deal with a destroyed Gulf of Mexico and dwindling water supplies due to acciden...