S.3507 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

A bill to provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (3)

• Official: A bill to provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:14am

I should move to Utah, always loved Salt Lake City. they have low unemployment. Gotta get out of Mi.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:15am

I’m relieved to see my state is over 6% (but I feel like a jerk for saying that) – but as before it doesn’t seem right to only help the states who are in the worst spot. A state might have 1/2 of it at 9% and another half at 3% so the state as a whole would be at less than 6% but that would mean all those people in the 9% get screwed out of everything. If you don’t qualify, you don’t get it regardless of how many states are included – so include everybody.

I guess all of us are in the same boat here – 3 weeks until we are out of money again.

Like someone else said, I don’t care if this is political if it helps us get another extension, be as political as you want to be – just help us!

kim, unemployed in indiana

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:16am

I’m so depressed, there is no where to go get a job, no boom.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:18am

where does the s.3507 stand as of now ?

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:19am

Why didn’t they just give us all the total 26 weeks, they are bailing out every ass wipe in the country but cut costs on us, the economy is only getting worse. I to am looking at those low unemployment states and my move there.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:19am

major depression too – feel bad today -

• gramps 09/19/2008 5:20am

That is so unfair to do it by state. There are industries and trades and construction that have NO jobs within states with unemployment under 6%.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:20am

I will never vote republican again, it’s all big business helping the stock market. wall street whores.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:20am

CS, thanks for your quick response! So if this was introduced by the senate should it go thru all the mumbo jumbo quicker than a house bill?

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:21am

OOT now is anon and he is the one that posts all that stubs crap !

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:24am

why does OOT keep copy/pasting the story about the dog ? i don’g get it – is it because it is the longest thing he can find to annoy us all – love dogs but don’t get it/
    i am just blowing steam b/c i am pissed off. tired of stub stub stub

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:27am

Who cares? I don’t know what happened with him and the other person on this site, but as long as they leave each other alone, is it really a big deal, you seem to be the only one with a problem. Let it go man! And before you say it, nope I am not OOT!!!! This site is for support for unemployed people, fighting for a cause, not to fight each other!

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:29am

It should be for all , every state is hurting. I hope Pelosi gets on the ball or Obama may get the 6% and over bill passed. They are on the big bail out’s today so we are on the back burner, sucks how this country is being ran!

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:32am

What is the national unemployment number now? Is it 6.5 yet?

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:35am

I don’t think these high unemployment states Mi. CA. R.I. , Ill. are ever gonna recover. I think we are the new deep south like MS. ALA. they have suffered for years.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:35am

Well, hopefully they will get on this bill bf they leave on one of their MONTHLY breaks! Mismanagement is horrible but should the people of the US really be responsible for the mistakes of the CEO’s of these big corporations? This country is like in a financial blackhole,,,I just don’t see how we will scrape out of this anytime soon! Getting an unemployment extension is just the tip of the iceberg

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:40am

Yes life will get tougher after the first of the year after the final extension expires. If it passes, What to do?? I need to move to a country with national health care. I’m in my early 50"s and getting to a part in my life where health care is very important.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:42am

You bloggers out there in your 40’s and 50’s do you really believe there will be any Social Security left for us?

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:44am

National Health Care ? Good luck waiting on lines and waitng months for an appointment for things like cancer. I don’t think that is the answer. It is the flippin insurance companies that are ripping us off with high premiums and then charge a big deductible and then only pay a portion of the covered services -like 70 % – rips

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

Anonymous 09/19/2008 8:20am

why would we want our senators to co-sponcer a bill that will not help us? 3507 is only for states over 6% ask them to get behind 6867 it is for every state.

• Anonymous 09/19/2008 5:47am

NAtional HEalth CAre ??

Do you know that people from Canada which has national healthcare come to the US to get treatment b/c they have to wait 6 months for appointments ? The Canadians that have the money to come here and pay cash, however. Think about it.

Send Your Senator a Letter