S.3615 - Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011
An original bill making appropriations for military construction, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2011, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Official: An original bill making appropriations for military construction, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2011, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 as introduced.
- Short: Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 as reported to senate.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 2,092
Official SummaryMilitary Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 - Title I: Department of Defense - Appropriates funds for FY2011 for the Department of Defense (DOD) for: (1) military construction for the Army, Navy and Marine Corps, and Air Force (military departme
Official SummaryMilitary Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 - Title I: Department of Defense - Appropriates funds for FY2011 for the Department of Defense (DOD) for:
(1) military construction for the Army, Navy and Marine Corps, and Air Force (military departments), DOD, the Army and Air National Guard, and the Army, Navy, and Air Force reserves;
(2) the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Security Investment Program;
(3) family housing and related operation and maintenance for the military departments and DOD;
(4) the Department of Defense Family Housing Improvement Fund;
(5) the Homeowners Assistance Fund;
(6) chemical demilitarization construction; and
(7) the Department of Defense Base Closure Accounts of 1990 and 2005. Specifies restrictions and authorizations regarding the use of funds appropriated in this title and in other military construction appropriations Acts.
(Sec. 113)Directs the Secretary of Defense to notify the appropriate congressional committees 30 days in advance of the plans and scope of any proposed military exercise involving U.S. personnel if construction costs are anticipated to exceed $100,000.
(Sec. 118)Directs the Secretary to report to the appropriations committees on actions taken by DOD and the Department of State during the previous fiscal year to encourage other member nations of NATO, Japan, South Korea, and U.S. allies bordering the Arabian Sea to assume a greater share of the common defense burden of such nations and the United States.
(Sec. 121)Requires the Secretary of the military department concerned, at least 60 days prior to issuing any solicitation for a contract with the private sector for military family housing, to notify the appropriations committees of any guarantee (including the making of mortgage or rental payments) proposed to be made to the private party in the event of:
(1) the closure or realignment of the installation for which housing is provided;
(2) a reduction in force of units stationed at such installation; or
(3) the extended deployment overseas of units stationed at such installation.
(Sec. 122)Authorizes the transfer of DOD funds for expenses associated with the Homeowners Assistance Program under the Demonstration Cities and Metropolitan Development Act of 1966.
(Sec. 125)Places specified restrictions and limitations on the obligation or expenditure of funds made available in this title or in any other military construction appropriations Act to carry out a military construction, land acquisition, or family housing project at or for a military installation approved for closure, or for supporting a function that has been approved for realignment to another installation, in 2005 under the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Act of 1990. Title II: Department of Veterans Affairs - Makes appropriations for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for:
(1) veterans' compensation and pensions;
(2) readjustment benefits;
(3) veterans insurance and indemnities;
(4) the Veterans Housing Benefit Program Fund;
(5) the Vocational Rehabilitation Loans Program;
(6) the Native American Veteran Housing Loan Program;
(7) the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) (including for medical support and compliance and medical and prosthetic research);
(8) the National Cemetery Administration;
(9) VA general operating expenses and information technology systems;
(10) the Office of the Inspector General;
(11) construction for major and minor projects; and
(12) grants for the construction of state extended care facilities and veterans cemeteries. Specifies restrictions and authorizations regarding the use of funds appropriated in this title.
(Sec. 210)Makes funds from this title available to reimburse expenses of the Office of Resolution Management and the Office of Employment Discrimination Complaint Adjudication, within specified limits.
(Sec. 211)Makes appropriations unavailable to enter into any new lease of real property if the estimated annual rental is more than $1,000,000 unless the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (Secretary, for purposes of this title) submits a report which the appropriations committees approve within 30 days after receipt.
(Sec. 212)Makes appropriations unavailable for hospital or nursing home care or medical services for a non-service-connected disability unless such person has disclosed to the Secretary current and accurate third-party reimbursement information.
(Sec. 216)Authorizes the Secretary to enter into agreements with certain Indian tribes and tribal organizations in rural Alaska to provide health care, including behavioral health and dental care.
(Sec. 219)Directs the Secretary to report quarterly to the appropriations committees on the financial status of the VHA.
(Sec. 222)Authorizes the Secretary, in the national interest, to transfer specified funds to the Secretary of Health and Human Services for the Graduate Psychology Education Program, which includes the treatment of veterans, to support increased training of psychologists in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, and related disorders. Requires the Secretary to notify Congress of any such transfers.
(Sec. 226)Allows certain VA funds to be used to fund operations of the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
(Sec. 229)Provides an additional amount for VA general operating expenses, to be used to increase VA acquisition workforce capacity and capabilities.
(Sec. 230)Directs the Secretary to report to the appropriations committees on all bid savings in major construction projects that total at least $5 million or 5% of the cost of the contract, whichever is less.
(Sec. 231)Earmarks specified VA administrative funds for construction of a nursing home care unit at the Beckley, West Virginia, Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Title III: Related Agencies - Appropriates funds for:
(1) the American Battle Monuments Commission;
(2) the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims;
(3) cemeterial expenses, Army; and
(4) the Armed Forces Retirement Home. Title IV: Overseas Contingency Operations - Appropriates funds for overseas contingency operations for military construction for the Army, Air Force, and DOD. Title V: General Provisions - Specifies restrictions and authorizations regarding the use of funds appropriated in this Act.
...Read the Rest